Status of Papago X8 for Android?

Discussions and information on PC-based GPS software

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS software only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
lee82gx

Re: Status of Papago X8 for Android?

Postby lee82gx » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:09 pm

yc1437 wrote:Hmm, we purchase a legal copy of papago x5, but end up no free upgrade to the new version? Other android apps are free upgrade once you purchase, i dont understand why not papago. In fact the current X5.1 still buggy & always forced close during the navigation, it is practically useless for me! The problem is not fixed & now they ask the user to pay for new version OR pay for the bug fix???? Maction, settle the X5.1 forced close bug :finga:

Bro, same problem here. I believe this problem is isolated to Galaxy S family as my previous phone, Galaxy Ace has flawless navigation and won't force close.

This is a major problem that 'vigorous testing' should root out and fix. I will definitely not pay another cent if a phone as common as Galaxy S is not fully 'vigorously tested' before sale. Not to mention the total lack of response / support when we highlight this. In fact I'd happily pay an 'upgrade fee' that is reasonable.

JayCee

Postby JayCee » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:50 pm

m3gps wrote:Dear JayCee,

Looking through all your post, we thank you for your support and rest assure that we are doing every thing to ensure a smooth
transition of all version of Papago below X8.5.

MFM community leaders are spending their precious free time to compile these maps and given free to all users, for that, we
truely appreciate these efforts. As such, in order not to put non-map related issue to be posted on this forum, we welcome
your email to support@m3gps.com.

As such, this will be the last post we will response here. We welcome your email to support@m3gps.com

Map compilation is not a click and run affair. There are many work involved in tweaking and also work around , coding
and also many communication , meeting , consulation with Maction engineer to match the maps data and the software.
In fact, it is many hours of work which MFM senior has contribute their time selflessly for the benefit of users like yourself.

Maybe you are not aware, Since X3, there are many changes in various functionalities and also improvement.Each changes
require changes on map internal data structure. And as times goes by, the map files size has also increased. As such, it
is our wish to address these issues head on to ensure that all Papago perform to the same specification for ease of
support for the future. Current X8.5 maps file size has reduce drastically, and it will be further reduce overtime to ensure
that the performance are not affected due to large map file.

Unlike other brand G, one can not upgrade the firmware. That resulted in those bought earlier do not have new features
like JV ...etc While Papago is providing upgrade across the board to all users of Papago as publish in
http://support.m3gps.com/

This shows that Papago is committed to provide the same features to all users irrespective whether those units are
bought years ago. , instead of the need to buy a new unit in order to have new features., as Papago navtgational features
are not tie to the hardware devices.

Let us also clarify. Todate, There is no charge to the cost of the software. These software are provided Free of Charge.
The charges that quote here in http://support.m3gps.com/ are for dealer /resellers' charges ie Service Charges
Rendered.., as such, M3GPS is not making any profit from these upgrade exercise at all.

Lastly, to answer your question

1. We are trying our best to release the M8 before mid of November if not earlier
2. As much as possible we would like to provide it as download as well, and we are still working on this. Please email
us at support@m3gps.com and provide us your email address.Rest assure that you will be the first one we notify
once available

Our apology for the late response, and thank you for your continue support. Rest assure that all your comments are noted
and we will endeavour to meet your expectation of us. Thank you for your patience.

Being an Adroid X5 customer, personally I was displeased to be left out in the dark for this upgrade exercise until a most likely plan was surfaced only in late September and early October. I am sure you will know the frustration of this group of customers have to endure in order to find out your move on their product in Aug/Sept with no avail. If the confirmation in your last reply was published timely (in July/August), not only it will avoid all the unnecessary customer frustration but rumors and speculations will not be appeared in this forum too.

Definitely efforts spent by mfm mappers and leaders producing maps for various platforms are highly recognized. I would like to express and emphasize that their dedication since the start of mfm are highly recognized by all members and users all times.
Just for the record, I guess I was few of the Windows PDA Papago X5 pioneer users in Singapore and have moved to Android X5 since last year. I am still hanging on with this product today because I do care the product I am using.

Being member of an open forum, I am respecting member privilege to decide when to submit, reply and stop. As an individual, I would not wish to receive special attention (first to be notified) your company but would like to wait like other customers for the fruit of your very best effort to release M8 in mid Nov.
Finally, wishing you could resolve all road blocks to meet the M8 Release schedule targeted.
--JC

yc1437

Postby yc1437 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:32 pm

lee82gx wrote:
yc1437 wrote:Hmm, we purchase a legal copy of papago x5, but end up no free upgrade to the new version? Other android apps are free upgrade once you purchase, i dont understand why not papago. In fact the current X5.1 still buggy & always forced close during the navigation, it is practically useless for me! The problem is not fixed & now they ask the user to pay for new version OR pay for the bug fix???? Maction, settle the X5.1 forced close bug :finga:

Bro, same problem here. I believe this problem is isolated to Galaxy S family as my previous phone, Galaxy Ace has flawless navigation and won't force close.

This is a major problem that 'vigorous testing' should root out and fix. I will definitely not pay another cent if a phone as common as Galaxy S is not fully 'vigorously tested' before sale. Not to mention the total lack of response / support when we highlight this. In fact I'd happily pay an 'upgrade fee' that is reasonable.

Off topic abit, I do purchase a lot of apps from market, whenever there is a bug or issue that i feed back to the owner (Note: i use the word "owner"), i'll get a response from them. This does not happen to Papago X5.1!
时间存在的惟一理由是,如此才不会所有事情同时发生 - 爱因斯坦

GPS: Nuvi 3790

Farshid.T

Postby Farshid.T » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:22 pm

Any news on M8 version ? :-?

napoli26

Postby napoli26 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:18 pm

any update?

jusbella
Contributor

Postby jusbella » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:20 pm

napoli26 wrote:any update?

No, don expect them to have latest software..

go for garmin nuvi set... its getting cheaper day by day.

bummerbummer

Postby bummerbummer » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:30 pm

just got to know papago m9 for android will be released in mid march, at around 130+.. i need one b4 that to buy as a gift, just my luck wrong timing

josh.chin

Postby josh.chin » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:40 pm

i was informed that M9 for Android will be released at the end of this month today.

mohd safri

Postby mohd safri » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:54 am

bummerbummer wrote:just got to know papago m9 for android will be released in mid march, at around 130+.. i need one b4 that to buy as a gift, just my luck wrong timing
josh.chin wrote:i was informed that M9 for Android will be released at the end of this month today.
jchoong wrote:Maction has posted earlier that as of end-Aug 2011, X5 will not be supported and that MFM will stop compiling for X5. They also indicated that X8 will supercede X5. I have searched high and low but not able to find X8, either as a new puMrchase or as a X5 upgrade. Anyone here can fill us in as to what is happening to Papago for Android?

Return to “GPS Software & Apps”