GPS Software for New Toyota DVD-AVN

Discussions and information on PC-based GPS software

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS software only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
gfwong

Re: GPS Software for New Toyota DVD-AVN

Postby gfwong » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:10 am

@rgchai
So far, Toyota Malaysia have not provided any map update and there's no news from them on when a new map will be available. Toyota Malaysia has been ignoring this. I've contacted Toyota Japan and only now they are looking into this matter. Basically the DVD-AVN in my car is just a white elephant.

I've tried renaming the .img to .dat but it wouldn't work.

There's a microSD slot on the right of the HU when you tilt it up. You'll need to unscrew the cover.

Toyota Malaysia is cheating us with this sub-standard HU. I would prefer the older Panasonic unit anytime. Really disappointed with how Toyota Malaysia treats their customer.

rgchai wrote:Hi gfwong, any update so far? I'm having same dilemma on this GPS map update as well, can't find any update from iauto website so far. Just wonder if you just rename the map from from .img to .dat and copy the file into SD Card, see if the new map working or not... :D

I haven't try to take the SD card out yet, never know there is SD Card inside... :-k Btw, how you take out the SD card? Need to unscrew something? Just take out the SD Card without turn off the car/player?

rgchai

Postby rgchai » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:57 pm

gfwong wrote:@rgchai
So far, Toyota Malaysia have not provided any map update and there's no news from them on when a new map will be available. Toyota Malaysia has been ignoring this. I've contacted Toyota Japan and only now they are looking into this matter. Basically the DVD-AVN in my car is just a white elephant.

I've tried renaming the .img to .dat but it wouldn't work.

There's a microSD slot on the right of the HU when you tilt it up. You'll need to unscrew the cover.

Toyota Malaysia is cheating us with this sub-standard HU. I would prefer the older Panasonic unit anytime. Really disappointed with how Toyota Malaysia treats their customer.

rgchai wrote:Hi gfwong, any update so far? I'm having same dilemma on this GPS map update as well, can't find any update from iauto website so far. Just wonder if you just rename the map from from .img to .dat and copy the file into SD Card, see if the new map working or not... :D

I haven't try to take the SD card out yet, never know there is SD Card inside... :-k Btw, how you take out the SD card? Need to unscrew something? Just take out the SD Card without turn off the car/player?

Seemed like have to wait for Toyota to release update from their iAuto website then... :(

audiocool

Postby audiocool » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:35 pm

The iAuto Website take year to update. I has ask the iAuto about the software update but standard replied is being given going soon.

gfwong

Postby gfwong » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:12 am

I have been seeing the same old sh*t since I got my car.
Neither MFM or MSM (pls pardon the inclusion as one member here suggesting contacting them) forum has been helpful.
Bought the car Mar 2015 and until now still no map update and I have given up trying to update on my own as on my previous Toyota-Panasonic-Garmin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sakura172

Postby sakura172 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:21 pm

i already ask Toyota SC, they say all the toyota have DVD-AVN from Toyota, have 1 time free map update, after 1 time update if need update again need to pay RM150~RM200 every times update.

Richchin

Postby Richchin » Wed May 17, 2017 2:50 pm

Still cheaper in Malaysia, here in Singapore they charged S$177 for the updated SD card. Anyone have any link that I can have a free map update on my Toyota Wish Panasonic DVD headset ?

foohoa

Postby foohoa » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:05 pm

my hilux revo HU look like this, i think we are in same boat, and it actually running android
its was fully locked, u cannot install any apps in it, the NAVI are the WORST gps apps i ever use :fire:

lengzaii33

Postby lengzaii33 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:23 pm

Sorry to revive this post. I still wonder can anyone analyse the type of maps used in this crappy Toyota Pioneer DVD-AVN system so that we can update the map. My map stuck at 2014 and is unusable.

The contents in the sd card: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hJFlI9 ... sp=sharing (229MB)

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:45 pm

DOn;t waste your time. Even if you can find the manufacturer of map, it will not be cheap and also one time upgrade only. Use stand alone gps that uses Garmin compatible maps that can use our maps here is cheaper in long run and able to get map updates

liuhao

Postby liuhao » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:49 am

Apparently my Wish 2017 is using HERE map. Version 1.16.1005.03. I guess 2016 Oct 5th. Dont know how to update though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “GPS Software & Apps”