Colorado Series

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
Redstorm
Contributor

Colorado Series

Postby Redstorm » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:25 pm

Please post all discussions on the Colorado handheld series (300, 400c, 400i, 400t) in this thread. Thank you.
Free beer tomorrow!ImageImage

zainalklj

Colorado 300 World Basemap

Postby zainalklj » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:05 pm

Colorado has a beautiful world basemap (gmapbmap.img) with a size of 92.708 Mb. We can use this base map in the Garmin Trip and Waypoint Manager. Just rename gmapbmap.img to "TRIPWPT4.img" and place it in the folder "C:\Garmin\TRIPWPT4" or the folder where you installed the program. The original world basemap in Trip & Waipoint manager is only 10Mb. Alternatively we can use any world base map like in MobileXT (which is about 32Mb)

Attached is the view of the basemap in the Trip & Waipoint Manager :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

xventur

Re: Colorado 300 World Basemap

Postby xventur » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:12 am

hmm.. interesting.. me still new with GPS & colorado. At this moment, I only used to search for new places. Need to learn & explore more.. :)

pajero
Polygon Mapper

Re: Colorado 300 World Basemap

Postby pajero » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:01 am

zainalklj wrote:Colorado has a beautiful world basemap (gmapbmap.img) with a size of 92.708 Mb. We can use this base map in the Garmin Trip and Waypoint Manager. Just rename gmapbmap.img to "TRIPWPT4.img" and place it in the folder "C:\Garmin\TRIPWPT4" or the folder where you installed the program.

hi zainalklj,
did the same as description above... but mapsource doesnt pick it up...
checking on TRIPWPT3 folder... there's an additional file in there tripwpt3.tbd

did you load the basemap via installation disc or you just copy/paste/change name as describe above?
pls advise. thanks.

zainalklj

Re: Colorado Series

Postby zainalklj » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:30 pm

I just copy the basemap into the folder and rename accordingly from gmapbmap.img to TRIPWPT4.img. My Trip and Waypoint Manager is version 4. Is yours version 3? I don't know if that's the reason.

You need to exit mapsource first. After copy and rename completed, run mapsource. Initially the map will not show 3-D, but as you zoom and moves to other countries, the map takes into shape. The delay perhaps due to software caching or temporary files being replace with new onces.

PalmoAnest

Postby PalmoAnest » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:56 pm

Colorado seems to have lots of problems? Even after software update to 2.70?
Seems like Oregon is a better deal.

wahladino

Postby wahladino » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:46 pm

Any ideal how to delete old track log from colorado ? can't seem to delete those track even when i upload to mapsource.

Angina

Postby Angina » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:35 am

Hello everyone.. :)
my Colorado 300 is dead. It stuck with the garmin logo when I turn it on. Not loading any maps, waypoint, or track.
Anyone ever experience like this?
Thanks before

wahladino

Postby wahladino » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:33 pm

Angina wrote:Hello everyone.. :)
my Colorado 300 is dead. It stuck with the garmin logo when I turn it on. Not loading any maps, waypoint, or track.
Anyone ever experience like this?
Thanks before

It a common problem, just remove the batteries and device will reset by itself.

nelsoncga

Postby nelsoncga » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:55 am

Please! can anyone send me the Colorado 300 "gmapbmap.img" file? I deleted it by mistake and now I've got no base map. I install a plain basemap but I liked the original shaded one...
It's only a file! please someone send it to me! thanks a lot!
Mail to: allegraenel25@gmail.com

Return to “GPS Devices”