Garmin nüvi 3790

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
gychung

Re: Garmin Nuvi3790 SG/MY

Postby gychung » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:55 pm

Aye75 wrote:Any news when this will available in Malaysia ?

Bro Aye75, suggest you hold on for a little while until the problems are solved.

If you are happy with the pre-installed maps and no intention of installing MFM or
others, this will be a good unit.

I'm quite happy with the rest of the features.

digital896

Re: New Garmin nuvi 3790T announced (High res screen)

Postby digital896 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:48 pm

Finally available to Singapore on 3rd September onwards and hopefully to Malaysia soon... 8-)

Check out the news:
http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/site/sg/home/pressroom/20100831
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:58 pm

gychung wrote:Bro, I did that also and it doesn't work. The files and "MAP" folder is still there after the hard reset.
The only difference is that all my favorites were gone.

Did you try switching off the pre-installed maps ?? It won't switch off.
Try it and let me know.

Bro gychung, I manged to replicate your problem of file "re-inventing" itself.

This has something to do with Windows and the Nuvi itself. When you erase a file, you need to wait a little while longer after the box with the horizontal bar which indicates the file being erased goes off ( wait about 10 sec ). It seems that when you exit immediately after the box goes off and you do something else, Windows is not done and aborts the erase, thus leaving the file intact.
Try this and see if it fix the problem on your Nuvi

gychung

Postby gychung » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:26 pm

silverbeauty wrote:Bro gychung, I manged to replicate your problem of file "re-inventing" itself.

This has something to do with Windows and the Nuvi itself. When you erase a file, you need to wait a little while longer after the box with the horizontal bar which indicates the file being erased goes off ( wait about 10 sec ). It seems that when you exit immediately after the box goes off and you do something else, Windows is not done and aborts the erase, thus leaving the file intact.

Bro silverbeauty,

Still no luck. The files are still there.

Have you tried switching off the pre-installed maps ??
I believe it will switch on by itself.

I took an ride with my 3790 last night, if your destination takes more than 30 min, the unit shuts down by itself. Any destination less than 10min is okay.

I think it's the heat that contribute to the shutdown.

Argghhhh ](*,)

edgarchen
Valued Contributor

Postby edgarchen » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:09 am

Is MP3 player included in this device?
Got audiobook?
Everyone contribute a bit, eventually we can enjoy and benefit more in our navigation. :thumbsup:

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:47 pm

gychung wrote:
silverbeauty wrote:Bro gychung, I manged to replicate your problem of file "re-inventing" itself.

Bro silverbeauty,

Still no luck. The files are still there.

Have you tried switching off the pre-installed maps ??
I believe it will switch on by itself.

I took an ride with my 3790 last night, if your destination takes more than 30 min, the unit shuts down by itself. Any destination less than 10min is okay.

I think it's the heat that contribute to the shutdown.

Argghhhh ](*,)

My experience is that the Garmin NT Map causes the unit to reset whenever a Junction View kicks in to display. I disable it via the Map Menu ( Untic it ) and just use MSM NT map. So far ok, Been routing from Changi South to Tuas south and back ... no problems shutting down or reset :thumbsup:

As for your map re-invenring yourself, looks like your unit is a case for the X-files. Since under warranty, suggest you bring it to Navicom office for a health check.

silverbeauty

Postby silverbeauty » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:49 pm

edgarchen wrote:Is MP3 player included in this device?
Got audiobook?

Hi Edgar, all you mentioned "boh" :(

Zeus73

Postby Zeus73 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:41 pm

edgarchen wrote:Is MP3 player included in this device?
Got audiobook?

silverbeauty wrote:Hi Edgar, all you mentioned "boh" :(

According to this, MP3 is cumming soon. :mrgreen:

cenpac

Postby cenpac » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:42 pm

:ko: wow.. haven't been here on forum in a long while, and such a thread.. Think there should be a sticky on top preventing bros from wasting :$gone: :$gone: on this Garmin product.. i have tried it on the shop display in Germany, noticed a very irresponsive lousy touchscreen (+ price :thumbsdown: ) . Little i knew there are plenty of other faults !
silverbeauty & gychung ; could this stubbornness in removing the maps be a "new Garmin improvement" to fight piracy :-?

silverbeauty

Postby silverbeauty » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:44 pm

cenpac wrote::ko: wow.. haven't been here on forum in a long while, and such a thread.. Think there should be a sticky on top preventing bros from wasting :$gone: :$gone: on this Garmin product.. i have tried it on the shop display in Germany, noticed a very irresponsive lousy touchscreen (+ price :thumbsdown: ) . Little i knew there are plenty of other faults !
silverbeauty & gychung ; could this stubbornness in removing the maps be a "new Garmin improvement" to fight piracy :-?

The problem is restricted to bro gychung set.
I have no problems with the removal and addition of maps.
The other bugs are frustrating but not unmanageable for now :( :-'

Return to “GPS Devices”