Sensonic N520

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
jararaca

Sensonic N520

Postby jararaca » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:01 pm

i got some feedbacks after...

but the threads suddenly gone missing...
moved to somewhere else?
My other nick is with 1000 posts. :)

karhoe

Sensonic N520

Postby karhoe » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:37 pm

Ya, can't find it, was removed from the GPS hardware index as well

Apart from that, all threats relating to Falome has been removed as well such as the topic on "MFM-Falome" where antyong posted "Akan dataing" but now sudah hilang!
Sensonic N520, N550 and China GPS running Falome, Papago X5 and Garmin Mobile XT

n502gps

Re: sen sonic and falo me thread?

Postby n502gps » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:49 pm

#-o hmmm now where to update falome map?

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:13 pm

Bro, believe me that I am more disappointed than you. If you are really one of our active contributor (as per your claim of 1000 posts), do you mind to chat over teh tarik?

I can only apologize for what is happening currently :prayer: :prayer:

karhoe

Postby karhoe » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:16 pm

Legally why do we need to obtain the permission of software developers?

Have there been any attempts to contact MCL? I just sent an email to their person in charge informing them of the situation.
Sensonic N520, N550 and China GPS running Falome, Papago X5 and Garmin Mobile XT

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:45 pm

karhoe wrote:Legally why do we need to obtain the permission of software developers?

Have there been any attempts to contact MCL? I just sent an email to their person in charge informing them of the situation.

Of course we need permission O:)
1. We are using the software developer's proprietary tool and programs to create the map
2. The map format is proprietary and part of the software developer's IP
3. etc...etc

MCL knows about our current difficulty :)

karhoe

Postby karhoe » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:02 am

antyong wrote:
karhoe wrote:Legally why do we need to obtain the permission of software developers?

Of course we need permission O:)
1. We are using the software developer's proprietary tool and programs to create the map
2. The map format is proprietary and part of the software developer's IP
3. etc...etc

MCL knows about our current difficulty :)

If that's the case, how come MFM map was available in each N520 units? Permission was granted for first unit but updates were not allowed?

If I'm not mistaken, the developer of Falome is Maction, the same organization that develop Papago?

Hopefully you can update us on the latest development as we are really anxious on this issue. Is it the case of the developer ignoring the emails or simply refusing to grant permission?

On a second note, the existing threads should not have been deleted, perhaps they could have been locked, it promotes transparency.

Cheers

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:47 am

karhoe wrote:If that's the case, how come MFM map was available in each N520 units? Permission was granted for first unit but updates were not allowed?

If I'm not mistaken, the developer of Falome is Maction, the same organization that develop Papago?

Hopefully you can update us on the latest development as we are really anxious on this issue. Is it the case of the developer ignoring the emails or simply refusing to grant permission?

On a second note, the existing threads should not have been deleted, perhaps they could have been locked, it promotes transparency.

Cheers

I can only answer questions about our forum and map.

Apologies for the deletion of existing threads :prayer:

The map that is included in your device was created by the software developer with my consent. Just didn't expect to face obstacle when we want to start creating maps on our own.

karhoe

Postby karhoe » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:00 am

antyong wrote:
karhoe wrote:If that's the case, how come MFM map was available in each N520 units? Permission was granted for first unit but updates were not allowed?

Cheers

I can only answer questions about our forum and map.

Apologies for the deletion of existing threads :prayer:

The map that is included in your device was created by the software developer with my consent. Just didn't expect to face obstacle when we want to start creating maps on our own.

Thanks for replying. Would it be possible to tell if the developer has ignored the emails or simply refused permission?

Cheers

DEMON

Postby DEMON » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:04 am

It does not make sense for a reputable forum like MFM to wipe out the entire Falome and Sensonic Thread just like that. Is it the moderators or this mysterious 3rd Force is pulling the plug !

http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?p=109423#p109423
X Marks the Spot
GMXT s60, Sensonic N520

http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7787

Return to “GPS Devices”