Garmin Nuvi 1250

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
sdnsk
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:59 pm

What to do if my Garmin Nuvi 1250 frozen?

Postby sdnsk » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:09 pm

after mistaken on updating new MFM to my Nuvi 1250, it freeze on "loading maps' and cant connect to pc again? #-o

User avatar
silverbeauty
Moderator
Posts: 3518
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: What to do if my Garmin Nuvi 1250 frozen?

Postby silverbeauty » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:58 am

sdnsk wrote:after mistaken on updating new MFM to my Nuvi 1250, it freeze on "loading maps' and cant connect to pc again? #-o



We always encourage loading maps into SD card/garmin as any corruption is taken care by removing SD card.

In Main Memory, it is a different situation. If corruption occurs, it needs technical knowledge to recover, beyond the capability of a non-techkie. If under warranty, take back to dealer for assistance.

myababil
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:19 pm

Re: garmin nuvi 1250

Postby myababil » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:02 pm

cmstorm77 wrote:aku der garmin nuvi 1250..tp msalahnyer maps n POI dier x detai mcm gps kwn aku..dier pkai gps brand china tp sftware papaago...maps dier cun..detail n sng phm...x sesat jln...


kuyda laku mu kai wanker? maps sus hem

Minta maaf yer...Kalau tak tau bahasa Inggeris pun guna la bahasa melayu/malaysia biasa. Tempat ni bukan tempat chat atau tempat antar sms. Kebanyakkan orang-orang yang boleh membantu anda adalah kawan-kawan kita dari bangsa cina. Bagaimana dia nak faham dengan apa yang awak tulis sedangkan saya org melayu pun boleh sesat.

User avatar
keong8260
Regional Mapper
Posts: 1828
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:29 pm
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)
Contact:

Re: garmin nuvi 1250

Postby keong8260 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:55 am

myababil wrote:
cmstorm77 wrote:aku der garmin nuvi 1250..tp msalahnyer maps n POI dier x detai mcm gps kwn aku..dier pkai gps brand china tp sftware papaago...maps dier cun..detail n sng phm...x sesat jln...


kuyda laku mu kai wanker? maps sus hem

Minta maaf yer...Kalau tak tau bahasa Inggeris pun guna la bahasa melayu/malaysia biasa. Tempat ni bukan tempat chat atau tempat antar sms. Kebanyakkan orang-orang yang boleh membantu anda adalah kawan-kawan kita dari bangsa cina. Bagaimana dia nak faham dengan apa yang awak tulis sedangkan saya org melayu pun boleh sesat.


Semua orang adalah digalakkan untuk menggunakan Bahasa Melayu / Bahasa Inggeris yang betul, kami tidak akan layan atau jawab jika masih menggunakan bahasa "short form". Terima Kasih. :)

lady_nF
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:22 pm

Re: Garmin Nuvi 1250

Postby lady_nF » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:27 pm

Hi,

I need help.
My nuvi 1250 keep rebooting and cant be detected by pc

i searched for nuvi rgn cure, but im a bit IT-handicapped.

Can someone help me how to solve this?

User avatar
sobamy
Polygon Mapper
Posts: 2043
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Selangor - Garmin Nuvi 1350 Nuvi 2575R

Re: Garmin Nuvi 1250

Postby sobamy » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:04 pm

lady_nF wrote:Hi,

I need help.
My nuvi 1250 keep rebooting and cant be detected by pc

i searched for nuvi rgn cure, but im a bit IT-handicapped.

Can someone help me how to solve this?

Hi lady_nF

Using rgn cure is the last resort prior to "brick-ing" your device. Have you tried the correct way in HARD re-setting your device?

You have not told us how your device came about to be rejected by the PC as there are many factors contributing to this kind of problem.

Below is a guide to HARD re-setting a Nuvi 1250

http://www.fixya.com/support/r4782110-g ... hard_reset

Good luck...
~~ freely receive ~ freely give ~~

Image

lady_nF
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:22 pm

Re: Garmin Nuvi 1250

Postby lady_nF » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:49 pm

sobamy wrote:
lady_nF wrote:Hi,

I need help.
My nuvi 1250 keep rebooting and cant be detected by pc

i searched for nuvi rgn cure, but im a bit IT-handicapped.

Can someone help me how to solve this?

Hi lady_nF

Using rgn cure is the last resort prior to "brick-ing" your device. Have you tried the correct way in HARD re-setting your device?

You have not told us how your device came about to be rejected by the PC as there are many factors contributing to this kind of problem.

Below is a guide to HARD re-setting a Nuvi 1250

http://www.fixya.com/support/r4782110-g ... hard_reset

Good luck...


hard reset requires taking off battery
does that means i have to open the unit?
i dont see any easy way to open it

i try to change install the Japan map into my unit by copying the unit into my microsd
then the garmin starts to rebooting and keep on rebooting

User avatar
sobamy
Polygon Mapper
Posts: 2043
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Selangor - Garmin Nuvi 1350 Nuvi 2575R

Re: Garmin Nuvi 1250

Postby sobamy » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:56 pm

lady_nF wrote:
sobamy wrote:
lady_nF wrote:Hi,

I need help.
My nuvi 1250 keep rebooting and cant be detected by pc

i searched for nuvi rgn cure, but im a bit IT-handicapped.

Can someone help me how to solve this?

Hi lady_nF

Using rgn cure is the last resort prior to "brick-ing" your device. Have you tried the correct way in HARD re-setting your device?

You have not told us how your device came about to be rejected by the PC as there are many factors contributing to this kind of problem.

Below is a guide to HARD re-setting a Nuvi 1250

http://www.fixya.com/support/r4782110-g ... hard_reset

Good luck...


hard reset requires taking off battery
does that means i have to open the unit?
i dont see any easy way to open it

i try to change install the Japan map into my unit by copying the unit into my microsd
then the garmin starts to rebooting and keep on rebooting


From your above statement, it appears that the Japan Map has corrupted your device. If you have the Japan map in your mircoSD then you are fortunate. Just take out the mSD and start your device. It should work. Put the mSD into a Card Reader to delete the offending map.

For hard re-setting, you can by-pass taking out the battery, and continue with the remaining instructions.
Hope this helps...
~~ freely receive ~ freely give ~~

Image

yubovy
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:08 am

help me to repair my GPS!!!!!!

Postby yubovy » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:33 am

My GPS is 1250. The USB port was damaged. Who can tell me where can replace the port except the original customer service? I asked the dealer in digital mall. That's too expensive to ask them send back to factory.

User avatar
Inggo
Contributor
Posts: 1093
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:36 am
Location: N04'37.399"E103'12.484" MyGPS,Nuvi,PapagoX2/X3/X5 Mapking, I-GO, GarminXT GoSPEED
Contact:

Re: help me to repair my GPS!!!!!!

Postby Inggo » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:41 pm

yubovy wrote:My GPS is 1250. The USB port was damaged. Who can tell me where can replace the port except the original customer service? I asked the dealer in digital mall. That's too expensive to ask them send back to factory.

i think you can ask to Officially Garmin Malaysia,
AECO Technologies, 43A Jalan Jejaka 2 Taman Maluri Cheras 55100 Kuala Lumpur.
Image
Image
Image
...maybe the -m'force'm- will be with you, always.. :peace:
:mrgreen: Skywalker


Return to “GPS Devices”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests