Garmin Nuvi 1250

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
ksangmy

How to activate the latest Malfree map for Garmin Nuvi 1250

Postby ksangmy » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:09 pm

I downloaded the latest malfree map into both my Garmin XT and Garmin Nuvi 1250. I realized there are lots of details update such as road and map I can see in my Garmin XT but not the Garmin Nuvi 1250. I browse through all the map setting in Nuvi 1250 but could not find any setting to make the same details update visible. It is confirm I am using the latest map as I can see the information from Map info. Would appreciate if someone can let me know how to get Garmin Nuvi 1250 seeing all the details update in the map.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: How to activate the latest Malfree map for Garmin Nuvi 1

Postby silverbeauty » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:58 am

ksangmy wrote:I downloaded the latest malfree map into both my Garmin XT and Garmin Nuvi 1250. I realized there are lots of details update such as road and map I can see in my Garmin XT but not the Garmin Nuvi 1250. I browse through all the map setting in Nuvi 1250 but could not find any setting to make the same details update visible. It is confirm I am using the latest map as I can see the information from Map info. Would appreciate if someone can let me know how to get Garmin Nuvi 1250 seeing all the details update in the map.

It is the new firmware that restricts the amount of information that is displayed on screen during navigation.

Older units displays everything ... thus making them collectables :mrgreen: :thumbsup:

ksangmy

Postby ksangmy » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:19 pm

Any idea how to overcome this? As of now, it is worst than an old map as lots of road and landmarks are not visible on the screen.

gpsnerd
Contributor

Postby gpsnerd » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:02 pm

i afraid u have to live with it [-o<
User of 205 / 205W
Currently using 255W and 205W, 4592 LM

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:39 pm

ksangmy wrote:Any idea how to overcome this? As of now, it is worst than an old map as lots of road and landmarks are not visible on the screen.

You can do like what I do.

During navigation, when you reach a certain place and you want to see what is around, just touch screen. Unit will go out of "dynamic" navigation into what I call "static" mode whereby screen will display screen shot of map. The unseen POIs will display. When you are done observing, just touch the resume key.

A bit of inconvenience but it is better than nothing at all :-'

A word of caution, for safety reasons, please park your car before attempting this. :thumbsup:

ksangmy

Postby ksangmy » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:04 pm

Thanks for the tips. However, you could be getting me wrong. It is not only the POI is not seen. It is the road which is not seen. It is like a very old map. I can see much more road in my Garmin XT using the same map.

silverbeauty

Postby silverbeauty » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:12 pm

I have seen this behavior as described by you about roads not showing on the 37xx series but have not encountered it on the 1xxx series.

Can you post some screen shots to describe. Please do so with SAME magnification settings for apple to apple comparison between GMXT vs Nuvi

ksangmy

Postby ksangmy » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:12 am

The same road show in Garmin XT but it is blank in Nuvi 1250. It is just like an old map that the "new" roads are not included. sorry, not abel to do screen shot as they are not laptop where I can make a screen dump.

silverbeauty

Postby silverbeauty » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:00 am

ksangmy wrote:The same road show in Garmin XT but it is blank in Nuvi 1250. It is just like an old map that the "new" roads are not included. sorry, not abel to do screen shot as they are not laptop where I can make a screen dump.

MainMenu - Tools - Settings - Display - Screenshot - Select Enable - Save

hippoheyhey

Nuvi 1250 forever would not acquire satellite lock/fixPosted

Postby hippoheyhey » Fri May 20, 2011 9:58 pm

need you advise.

I went on a road trip few days ago, all this while the nuvi 1250 was working fine. After I switch off the engine at a rest stop, then restart,(the 1250 is connected to the cigarette power all the time) the 1250 could not get a fix on satellite. It always say acquiring satellite and after awhile it display 'trouble locating satellite-continue yes or no'.

I have tried using the 1250 at all places since then and everywhere it couldn't acquire a satellite fix. I have tried doing a factory reset but it still wouldn't work. I have also tried upgrading the software to version 2.5 (garmin.com.sg) but it does not reboot(as I think it is at version 2.5 already which i did a few months back)

The signal bar is always empty and when i press on it, I can only see at most 5 or 6 'satellites locations' Some weird observation at this point, when I press on the signal bar, sometimes it will momentarily show 10+satellites for 0.5 second, then 5 or 6 satellites after that. Sometimes it will only show 5 or 6 satellites.

I have just been to navicom singapore, and they said as my set is out of warranty by 2 months, the repair cost will be $150+.

Do you know if there is anything I haven't try else i'm stuck with a paperweight?

Return to “GPS Devices”