Garmin Nuvi 1250

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Garmin Nuvi 1250

Postby silverbeauty » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:41 pm

joelton12345 wrote:i purchase thorugh online one, the seller told me if move the MSM map to sd card will cause the junction view unable function? is that correct? I think the map is build it together with the garmin set? is that correct, sorry if I wrong. he also told me to view the system file by selecting view hidden file function.

Bro joelton12345,forget about the rest of details, lets start by solving the most important detail ... did you or did you not manage to view the /system file. You need to be able to view the /system file and then we take it from here. Depending on which Microsoft OS you have, please google on how to display hidden files.

joelton12345

Postby joelton12345 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:04 pm

I have found out already, actually beside tick the hidden files function, another is not to tick the "hide protecting operation file" that why I only found out this, now I can view already. so what the next step? if I move the msm map out from garmin set, will it cause junction view malfunction? next time if update only at sd card, the junction view will appear again?

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:46 pm

joelton12345 wrote:I have found out already, actually beside tick the hidden files function, another is not to tick the "hide protecting operation file" that why I only found out this, now I can view already. so what the next step? if I move the msm map out from garmin set, will it cause junction view malfunction? next time if update only at sd card, the junction view will appear again?

If yours is localized set, my advise is to leave the preloaded Garmin NT and MSM NT map files there as any map update will override these files.

Just load the MFM file in SD card will suffice

But if you opt to move the both files, then move them to SD/map directory. Likewise JCV files in main memory should move to root directory of SD card

joelton12345

Postby joelton12345 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:59 pm

how I know will move the junction file together? the seller told me if move the junction view files will unable function?

silverbeauty

Postby silverbeauty » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:08 pm

joelton12345 wrote:how I know will move the junction file together? the seller told me if move the junction view files will unable function?

Run Nuvi in simulation mode of "known" junctions where JCV shows ... :-'

joelton12345

Postby joelton12345 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:01 pm

no, what I mean was if I move the MSM map to sd card, should I move the junction view files together? what is the junction view files name? will cause junction view malfunction?

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Postby JasonLee » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:09 pm

joelton12345 wrote:no, what I mean was if I move the MSM map to sd card, should I move the junction view files together? what is the junction view files name? will cause junction view malfunction?
JCV files are coupled with the maps and must be moved together. If your set is a localized set, then you will have 2 preloaded maps (gmapprom.img and gmapprom1.img) in your \.System folder in the internal memory and 2 JCV files in the JCV subfolder of the \.System folder.

You can move the 2 maps to your SD card and put them in a \Map folder and the maps will work even without any name change.

But for JCV to work, from my experience, the map must be in the SD card's \Garmin folder (and not \Map folder) and the correct JCV file in a \JCV subfolder of the \Garmin folder in the SD card.

Your problem is identifying which JCV file goes with which map. To overcome the problem I put all JCV files in the \JCV subfolder regardless of which map I am using. The only downside is that they take up some space. Garmin usually names each release of JCV file differently from the previous so unless you know which file is for which map, your JCV subfolder may contain a lot of orphaned JCV files.

One very important consideration. If you move the map to the \Garmin folder, for it to work, the map must be renamed to gmapsupp.img. Your problem is knowing which map is the one you want in order to rename it.
Lean not on your own understanding

joelton12345

Postby joelton12345 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:20 pm

look like very difficult to do it, took time to consume the statement jason, me also blurr. scare to move it to sd card

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Postby JasonLee » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:49 pm

joelton12345 wrote:look like very difficult to do it, took time to consume the statement jason, me also blurr. scare to move it to sd card
Don't be put off by the number of words.

I have given you more than you need. I have explained why instead of just saying do 1, 2, 3 etc. This is to save you time in not having to write again for explanation.

Actually very easy to do.
Lean not on your own understanding

suhbah

Help : Garmin Nuvi1250

Postby suhbah » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:17 pm

Salam 1 malaysia kepada semua otai2

Saya baru je beli garmin nuvi1250.

so soalan saya.

1. Macam mana nk update map dia nie guna mfm punye map
2. saya dan explore dalam device nie.. tapi tak de folder POI (saya nak masukkan poi baru)
3. saya tanya kepada kedai pasal waranty.. so dia kata kena register kat garmin. (macam mana nak register)
4. macam mana buat untuk autozoom
5. pakej yang saya dapat ialah tanpa kad memori...

maaf saya baru bbelajar guna benda nie

Return to “GPS Devices”