Garmin Nuvi 1350

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Garmin Nuvi 1350

Postby silverbeauty » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:16 pm

Celciuz wrote:Hi all,

Just to check if I'm using MFM only, do I still have the lane assist and junction view? Earlier I was travelling and I enabled only the MFM map, did not get junction view or lane assist until I enabled both the msm and city navigator then I have it. What did I do wrongly? :(

Please read the threads at our download section viewforum.php?f=23

MFM Fortnightly updated map ( Garmin cGPSmapper) does not have Lane Assist or Junction View feature

MFM-Garmin ( Garmin NT ) quarterly updated map has this feature and ONLY LOCALIZED units can have this feature

How to get, How to load, please read the relevant threads. :tq:

avantism

Postby avantism » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:25 pm

Hi
bought 1350from bestbuylec.
currently realise i am not able to update my software.
my current shows 2.40.however i tried many times to update following garmin website.
Somehow or rather devise does not update software version.

Any kind soul can advise..or can i just remain with 2.40,any harm?
Maps can be updated easily.Am using both MFM and MSM.

Please help.Thanks in advance. :)

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:15 pm

avantism wrote:Hi
bought 1350from bestbuylec.
currently realise i am not able to update my software.
my current shows 2.40.however i tried many times to update following garmin website.
Somehow or rather devise does not update software version.

Any kind soul can advise..or can i just remain with 2.40,any harm?
Maps can be updated easily.Am using both MFM and MSM.

Please help.Thanks in advance. :)

Live by the motto " If it ain't broken, don't fix it". Yours could be latest released for USA firmware.

yui

Postby yui » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:43 pm

Hi

Was having some issues with my Nuvi 1350 but found a solution without having to purchase a micro SD card.

Just need to create a new "Map" folder in the root folder and put the malfreemap .img file there.

I tried to put in many places at first ... /Garmin/ no go. The hidden /.system/ folder also no go. There is an XML file in /Garmin/ folder that gave me hint on where I should put it. If you open it up and look through slowly, it will say "Base Map" with its details, then come to "Supplementary" map with the details.

Edit to add that I had to fiddle with the USB cable many times before Windows 7 could detect it as mass storage device properly. This was after trying with a Vista laptop which would not detect it properly.

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Postby JasonLee » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:40 pm

yui wrote:Hi

Was having some issues with my Nuvi 1350 but found a solution without having to purchase a micro SD card.

Just need to create a new "Map" folder in the root folder and put the malfreemap .img file there.

I tried to put in many places at first ... /Garmin/ no go. The hidden /.system/ folder also no go. There is an XML file in /Garmin/ folder that gave me hint on where I should put it. If you open it up and look through slowly, it will say "Base Map" with its details, then come to "Supplementary" map with the details.

Edit to add that I had to fiddle with the USB cable many times before Windows 7 could detect it as mass storage device properly. This was after trying with a Vista laptop which would not detect it properly.

We are fully aware that you can use a \Map folder in the main memory but felt that it is not fair not to advise members especially newbies of the danger of not using an SD card. We would then be tantamount to advising members to save RM20 for an SD card but to put a RM600+ device at risk. If the member asks whether it could be done without an SD card, our honest answer has to be yes but nobody asked that way.

Then some members tell me that they have already paid Garmin for the main memory and if they do not use it - very sayang. I wish I could also tell them that every time they buy an airline ticket, they are also paying for the use of a life-jacket and/or a parachute. So if they fly and don't get to use a life-jacket or parachute, isn't it also very sayang?

I have to make the above comments because some members may be tempted to save the RM20 and take a big risk. If after they know the risk and still want to take it, then who can say anything?

You have found out for yourself how unreliable USB cables are. WiFi is equally unreliable for downloading. All you need is to install a corrupted map into the main memory and then you can kiss your GPS goodbye.
Lean not on your own understanding

eddy_duyung
Contributor
Location: Tinggi Island,Johore. Garmin Mobile XT,nüvi 50LM,nüvi 880,nüvi 255W,nüvi 2465

Postby eddy_duyung » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:44 am

Agreed with JasonLee...

i'ved experiance "BRICKED " my Nuvi 2465 for 2 hours..but because i got 3 more GPS unit,it's not give me a problem if i need to use it tomorrow,but it really make me sick to make it work again.. after googling around with try N error ,i'ved fixed thats "bricked " Nuvi 2465 which is keep restart at Garmin Logo...so if someone is not very familiar with " CURE PROCEDURE " ," PRE-BOOT ORDER " ...better not to do something wrong in unit folder..event the wrong maps also can easily brick the unit..unless you are very curios...then go ahead..
Nokia 5800XM , Garmin nüvi 50LM,Garmin nüvi 880,Garmin nüvi 255W,Garmin nüvi 2465

luinloke

Postby luinloke » Tue May 20, 2014 4:16 pm

Just wanted to clarify the following folders for loading POI's and JCV's on the memory card :

Assuming the memory card is marked as G:\ drive;

1.) Custom POI's should be in G:\Map\POI
2.) JCV's included in the Garmin MFM NT maps should be in G:\Garmin\JCV

Are the folder locations correct? Thanks.

eddy_duyung
Contributor
Location: Tinggi Island,Johore. Garmin Mobile XT,nüvi 50LM,nüvi 880,nüvi 255W,nüvi 2465

Postby eddy_duyung » Fri May 23, 2014 2:19 pm

luinloke wrote:Just wanted to clarify the following folders for loading POI's and JCV's on the memory card :

Need to mentions whats Nuvi model do you have..different model got different setting..TQ
Nokia 5800XM , Garmin nüvi 50LM,Garmin nüvi 880,Garmin nüvi 255W,Garmin nüvi 2465

luinloke

Postby luinloke » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:47 pm

eddy_duyung wrote:
luinloke wrote:Just wanted to clarify the following folders for loading POI's and JCV's on the memory card :

Need to mentions whats Nuvi model do you have..different model got different setting..TQ

Nuvi 1350 :-' thanks!

sobamy
Polygon Mapper

Postby sobamy » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:08 pm

luinloke wrote:
eddy_duyung wrote:

Nuvi 1350 :-' thanks!

1.) cPOI should be (as per your Drive example) in G:\Garmin \POI Folder of the external mSD Card.
The contents should be copied to that folder. When you start 1350, it will ask you whether you want to
install them into the device memory. Answer Yes. I know. I also own one 1350.

2.) JCV's Folder location is correct.

3.) Your map in gmapsupp.img should be in G:|Map Folder (no "s" for Map)
Please rename your map to another name, eg., MfM140526.img.
You can put in as maps with different names as you like as long as you have
enough memory in your external mSD Card.

Hope this helps...
~~ freely receive ~ freely give ~~

Return to “GPS Devices”