Garmin Nuvi 1350

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
Anderson Gbg

Re: Nuvi 1350 cannot swith ON.

Postby Anderson Gbg » Thu May 17, 2012 8:04 pm

Hemm... :-k How about...press & hold ON switch "10 second". Just try it...

lavenderyew

Re: Garmin Nuvi 1350

Postby lavenderyew » Fri May 18, 2012 12:59 am

Soft reset?

As in reset and delete all users data?

sobamy
Polygon Mapper

Postby sobamy » Fri May 18, 2012 7:58 am

lavenderyew wrote:Soft reset?

As in reset and delete all users data?

A hard reset deletes all users data; that's why you have to back up your favorites.
A soft reset will not delete your favorites.
Below is a link to Garmin Nuvi 1350 User's Guide for your reference.

http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/3133_Qui ... Manual.pdf

Hope this helps.

Cheers
~~ freely receive ~ freely give ~~

KL333

Re: Nuvi 1350 cannot swith ON.

Postby KL333 » Fri May 18, 2012 3:15 pm

Anderson Gbg wrote:Hemm... :-k How about...press & hold ON switch "10 second". Just try it...

I managed to read the manual. As per your suggestion, the 10 seconds hold is to reset the device.

It works...!!! It is working normally now.

Thank you for all the kind suggestions.

ryanyusoff

Postby ryanyusoff » Thu May 24, 2012 11:55 pm

juz wondering,if i were to use MFM maps,do i still get to update the JCV?or by using MFM,there's no JCV at all?how do i go about this when after generating the map,no JCV is generated together?

many thks in advance

DarkNite

Postby DarkNite » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:17 am

Thinking of buying this PND, but after reading almost 40++ pages I'm very confuse.
1. Can I still able to see POI while navigating?
2. Need to download additional files for JCV?

ngcollin

Postby ngcollin » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:49 am

Hi all, I'm a newbie here! Just managed to figure out how to load MFM map into 1350 after reading through this thread.
Thanks to the Sifu here! Basically what I did was :

1. Remove all the *.img files in .System folder.
2. Put all MFM maps into \Maps folder

And was then able to search and find mandarin hotel etc local POI.

Has anyone managed to install any Australia Garmin map though?
I was using the maps in (http://www.osmaustralia.org/garmin.php) and can indeed see the maps being listed in the GPS, but am not able to choose Australia at all (doesn't appear in the country list at all). Can any Sifu please help point me in the right way what I'll need to do to fix this? I'm assuming the *.img files from above website can be used as is?

BTW, what is the micro-sd card slot for if we have to put all map img files in the device's main memory only?

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:04 am

ngcollin wrote:Hi all, I'm a newbie here! Just managed to figure out how to load MFM map into 1350 after reading through this thread.
Thanks to the Sifu here! Basically what I did was :

1. Remove all the *.img files in .System folder.
2. Put all MFM maps into \Maps folder

And was then able to search and find mandarin hotel etc local POI.

Has anyone managed to install any Australia Garmin map though?
I was using the maps in (http://www.osmaustralia.org/garmin.php) and can indeed see the maps being listed in the GPS, but am not able to choose Australia at all (doesn't appear in the country list at all). Can any Sifu please help point me in the right way what I'll need to do to fix this? I'm assuming the *.img files from above website can be used as is?

BTW, what is the micro-sd card slot for if we have to put all map img files in the device's main memory only?

As a newbie, we seniors always advise against tinkering with any stuff in main memory of Nuvi. Any corruption will result in a brick unit and no guarantee of recovery.

Go buy a SD card.
Create a sub-folder /Map
Put all maps here which can be labelled to whatever name you like
The number of maps that can be put here is equal to the capacity of the SD card.

ngcollin

Postby ngcollin » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:05 am

silverbeauty wrote:
ngcollin wrote:
As a newbie, we seniors always advise against tinkering with any stuff in main memory of Nuvi. Any corruption will result in a brick unit and no guarantee of recovery.

Go buy a SD card.
Create a sub-folder /Map
Put all maps here which can be labelled to whatever name you like
The number of maps that can be put here is equal to the capacity of the SD card.

OK, done that. And been playing with it for a while now. I realize I COULD search city name like Gold Coast but not road names. Am I missing some files?

Celciuz

Postby Celciuz » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:53 pm

Hi all,

Just to check if I'm using MFM only, do I still have the lane assist and junction view? Earlier I was travelling and I enabled only the MFM map, did not get junction view or lane assist until I enabled both the msm and city navigator then I have it. What did I do wrongly? :(

Return to “GPS Devices”