Garmin Nuvi 1350

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Re: Garmin 1350

Postby JasonLee » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:41 pm

chuenhow wrote:

so...no others solving way for this problem...?
This is not a problem as far as Garmin is concerned. In the interest of safety, they intentionally suppressed the display of POIs when navigating. Unless the voice of those who like to see the POIs and do not considered it as compromising safety is loud enough for Garmin to change their mind, you have to live with it.
Lean not on your own understanding

pohon_piasau

Postby pohon_piasau » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:13 pm

Hi guys,

Can anyone post some photo sample regarding this so call JCV and how it work.

I faced the same problem, most of the POIs Icon aren't appear during navigating but it does appear in map view. e.g. whenever I reach the toll gate. Although it sounding the alert but the icon doesn't appear. I think it will be nice to see the toll gate or the toll gate picture appear in the screen.

Pls someone advise. Thank a lot. You guys are great.. :D

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:03 am

pohon_piasau wrote:Hi guys,

I faced the same problem, most of the POIs Icon aren't appear during navigating but it does appear in map view. e.g. whenever I reach the toll gate. Although it sounding the alert but the icon doesn't appear. I think it will be nice to see the toll gate or the toll gate picture appear in the screen.

What is Junction View?

Garmin describes it as :
a navigational aid that displays the appropriate lane you should be driving while in an active route. Junction View is not available in all areas and can be found on many intersecting interstates in major metropolitan areas.

Here is a YouTube Video by Garmin on what is Junction View http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HElDa-D7 ... re=related

And if you should ask, here is another YouTube Video by Garmin on what is Lane Assist http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT3nyBjs ... re=related

syide

Postby syide » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:25 pm

You should zoom out the map while you driving until you see the POI icon(maybe ask someone beside u to do it is better)

syide

Postby syide » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:28 pm

JasonLee wrote:SUMMARISING:

FOR ALL NUVI 1XXX:

Create a /Map Folder in your SD card and copy any number of maps into this folder and name them whatever you like as long as they have the .img extension. They can be selected and made active through Map Info.

If you want the map to display JCV, it must have a corresponding JCV file. You must create a /Garmin folder in the SD card and move the map into the folder as gmapsupp.img. You must create a JCV subfolder in the /Garmin folder and copy the corresponding JCV file into this JCV subfolder. The map can also be selected and made active through Map Info.

I try this step but JCV still not show. :( I am using Garmin 1350

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:33 pm

syide wrote:
JasonLee wrote:SUMMARISING:

FOR ALL NUVI 1XXX:

Create a /Map Folder in your SD card and copy any number of maps into this folder and name them whatever you like as long as they have the .img extension. They can be selected and made active through Map Info.

If you want the map to display JCV, it must have a corresponding JCV file. You must create a /Garmin folder in the SD card and move the map into the folder as gmapsupp.img. You must create a JCV subfolder in the /Garmin folder and copy the corresponding JCV file into this JCV subfolder. The map can also be selected and made active through Map Info.

I try this step but JCV still not show. :( I am using Garmin 1350

Are you trying to get JCV to work with Malaysia-Singapore Map ? If so then that feature is restricted to units with localized firmware

chuenhow

Postby chuenhow » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:19 pm

syide wrote:

You should zoom out the map while you driving until you see the POI icon(maybe ask someone beside u to do it is better)

So far i know the zoom function in 1350 device cannot set manually by user, when you try zoom in the map in the navigation mode, the system will go back to the previous zoom size after a second....

And i notice that the custom POI icon created by MFM team is not follow the standard format for Garmin 1350 device, so it cause some specific MFM custom icon disappear while user in navigation mode....As example, i have try manually set the petrol station using default icon that provide by Garmin mapsource and compare with MFM petrol station custom icon. The result is, in navigation mode, the default petrol station icon provided by mapsource can be view, but MFM custom petrol station icon is disappear....

keong8260
Regional Mapper
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)

Postby keong8260 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:03 pm

As far as I knew, the POI always "hidden" when 1350 is in routing mode.

jeuda

nuvi 1350 woes

Postby jeuda » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:28 am

Hi, my nuvi now keep rebooting especially when hooked to USB.
Normal turn on, flash white screen after seeing Garmin and 1350 copyright flashed. Did not not pass loading maps.

Anyway to enter USB mode so that I can reload the files again? Previously it use to work when I press and hold the center of the screen "RM". Now it does not...sigh.

help help.

Bor jeuda, please post in appropriate thread. Community thread is not for help needed for your problems :tq: * Moved to 1350 thread * /SB [-X

Sounds like a corrupted firmware from an unsuccessful firmware upgrade / reflashing ... :-'
nuvi 660, 1300, 1350. All US sets.

jeuda

Re: nuvi 1350 woes

Postby jeuda » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:53 am

jeuda wrote:Bor jeuda, please post in appropriate thread. Community thread is not for help needed for your problems :tq: * Moved to 1350 thread * /SB [-X

Sounds like a corrupted firmware from an unsuccessful firmware upgrade / reflashing ... :-'

Anyway to resolve this? The new nuvi are really unfriendly....
nuvi 660, 1300, 1350. All US sets.

Return to “GPS Devices”