Garmin Nuvi 1350

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
sobamy
Polygon Mapper

Re: Nuvi 1350 very slow when browsing map

Postby sobamy » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:55 pm

tsq wrote:I find that if i use my tip of the finger to scroll it, it helps a lot more... so sucks to hv fat fingers like me :P

I'm with you Bro. It also happened to me until I learned to get used to its "behaviour" so much so that I am now able to scroll with ease :mrgreen:

I guess its like driving a new car. One kinda has to get used to it. :D
~~ freely receive ~ freely give ~~

yin

Garmin Nuvi 1350

Postby yin » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:07 am

Hi All

I just purchased a new unit of Garmin Nuvi 1350 . However, the map preloaded was MSM . I would like to know is there a way to change the preloaded map to MFM so that i can include the CPOI as well ?

Thanks

More Deneiro

Re: Garmin Nuvi 1350

Postby More Deneiro » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:47 am

I think it was loaded with MSM because of 1350 supports Junction View. It seems MFM does not support this feature yet. You can have both maps on your unit but only 1 should be activated. I may be wrong but inbuilt POIs can't be interchangeable. Check out the Newbie's Directory. Oh yes..is best to run your maps from SD card instead of 1350 memory..it seems if the map gets corrupted on native memory can render the unit useless. :shock:

yin

Postby yin » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:27 pm

Hi Deneiro

Thanks for you replied. Kindly correct me if my understanding are wrong:

1. 1350 do support MFM maps and CPOI
2. However, to have MFM and CPOI installed in 1350, it is preferrable to installed in a SD Card instead 1350's memory
3. Once the MFM and CPOI installed in 1350 ( SD Card ), only activate the MFM maps and CPOI then my 1350 will now referring to MFM maps instead of MSM.

Thanks

Regards

More Deneiro

Postby More Deneiro » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:48 pm

Yes, I think you are spot on. You will run into stability problems if you activate 2 maps of the same location ie Malaysia.

yin

POI not showing when navigation in Garmin Nuvi 1350

Postby yin » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:04 am

Hi Experts

I just bought and started to use my first garmin nuvi device - 1350. Fortunately, with the help of this forum, i am able to download and install MFM maps and CPOI into my device SD memory card.

However, i encountered another problem here. When i am using my device during navigation, i don't see the POI shown along the road. I read through some of the forums stated that my model ( Nuvi 1350 ) is unable to show POI during navigation.

Is any expert out there that are using the same model as i and also encounter the same problem ? Or is anyone out there that able to tackle the problem ?

Kindly advise and help. Your help and advise is much appreciated....

Thanks

charger

Re: Nuvi 1350

Postby charger » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:09 pm

bro where to download junction view for nuvi 1350 ?? how to install

quaky

Re: POI not showing when navigation in Garmin Nuvi 1350

Postby quaky » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:22 pm

I think all the 1xxx series does not show the poi when navigating for ver 2.5 and below. This is programed so that the system will not be laggy. It will show up when browsing the map.

kcchia8

Garmin 1350

Postby kcchia8 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:29 pm

Hi,

I bought a garmin 1350 from ebay last week - us version. I have installed MFM map & observed there were some differences on the files & folders used. The US based map was not stored in garmin folder but it was stored in a hidden folder named .system instead. I have replaced the based map gmapprom.img with MFM map. I could not name it gmapsupp.img cause if I do that, I cannot see the map in my GPS.

I tested my Garmin on the road. The local map displayed fine but I couldn't see any custom icons at all, neither the bells and whistles. like to detect the toll gate as I approached it. Please advise if I have missed out any step. :-k

ccwong
JCV Master
JCV Master

Re: Garmin 1350

Postby ccwong » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:33 pm

kcchia8 wrote:Hi,

I bought a garmin 1350 from ebay last week - us version. I have installed MFM map & observed there were some differences on the files & folders used. The US based map was not stored in garmin folder but it was stored in a hidden folder named .system instead. I have replaced the based map gmapprom.img with MFM map. I could not name it gmapsupp.img cause if I do that, I cannot see the map in my GPS.

I tested my Garmin on the road. The local map displayed fine but I couldn't see any custom icons at all, neither the bells and whistles. like to detect the toll gate as I approached it. Please advise if I have missed out any step. :-k

For Garmin 1350, custom icons in MFM-Garmin is not supported.

You may create a folder "MAP" under the root directory of your device to store the maps.

:tq:

Return to “GPS Devices”