nüvi 205

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
Kiattz
Contributor

Re: My Nuvi 205 Dead last night!!!

Postby Kiattz » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:00 pm

cwyap wrote:Sorry to hear about your Nuvi 205; it's a good work horse.

Have you tried connecting it using USB cable to your PC? If you have MapSource, perhaps you can retrieve the data from the Nuvi 205 to MapSource and save the same accordingly.

If you don't have MapSource, maybe you can use Windows Explorer to grab everything from your Nuvi 205 and save the data in your hard disk. Send the Nuvi 205 for repair (unless it's just a power glitch) and thereafter reload everything back.

Bro cwyap,

1st thank 4 your reply....my nuvi 205 when connect to PC still can't on
pls teach me how to do it

:tq:

cwyap
Valued Contributor

Postby cwyap » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:34 am

Kiattz wrote:1st thank 4 your reply....my nuvi 205 when connect to PC still can't on

Can't offer any advice, sorry. I think your unit has shorted. Send it back to your dealer or to AECO for repair. But if it's too expensive to repair, might as well you get a new Nuvi 205 or 255W (if budget is your concern).
Courage is not living without fear.
Courage is being scared to death and doing the right thing anyway.
- Chae Richardson

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:53 pm

Kiattz wrote:my nuvi 205 when connect to PC still can't on

Try charging your Nuvi using the charger instead and do not turn it on until a few hours.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

sobamy
Polygon Mapper

Postby sobamy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:42 pm

Kiattz wrote:CAN'T POWER ON NOW!!! :frus:
All Sifu here Pls help me how to make it (lost all POI) :cry: :prayer:

Yesterday afternoon track 11 Taman to correct,collect road name and POI in Nibong Tebal area. :ko:
(Taman Ilmo,Taman Pekaka,Taman Golden Jade,Taman Tempua,Taman Buntar Indah
,Taman Kit Siong,Taman Selesa,Taman Rantau Damai,Taman Seri Emas,Taman Minamah,Taman Fajar Indah)

when goto dinner at Lebuh Kimberley PG. =P~
collect food POI there then power off my nuvi (makan dulu) after makan power on my nuvi :x why my nuvi can't on & charging... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Bro Kiattz - Fyi, I also had this problem with my two weeks old Nuvi 205. Everything went fine until I switched it off to buy a newspaper. Came back to switch it on but it won't start. I kept trying until I thought that the switch itself was faulty. Then, what I did was to push the switch to the left and hold it for 10 seconds (counting and praying, of course). Ha - it started. I dunno whether you have tried this method 'cos from the above post I see no tips on this one. Failing this, maybe you can try to reset the device (hoping that it is not the battery problem). There is a reset hole somewhere I think - maybe hidden by the serial number label. Hope this helps.

Have faith in your Nuvi Bro :)
~~ freely receive ~ freely give ~~

muurali

Postby muurali » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:07 am

Bro, try as Bro Sobamy said. I'm also using 205W and i faced the same problem once, did like what bro Sobamy said and it worked.....try and see...all the best to u....
Email: muraliramoo@gmail.com
H/P : 012-973 7034

tbh
Contributor

Postby tbh » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:30 pm

try to pm uncle wong sifu

sobamy
Polygon Mapper

Re: Nuvi 205

Postby sobamy » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:17 pm

I am having trouble with my Nuvi 205. I was trying to charge it using the supplied house charger. It didn't work and I get the error message "This accessory is not supported".

I tried charging it using my device's mini USB cable with the Laptop, and it is charging BUT I am not able to access the device to perform backups. Usually, I could access the device to perform my backups with the mini USB cable, especiallly, the GPX file.

Also, when I switch on the Nuvi 205, this error message pops up. Everytime I have to tap the OK button to continue. I did a soft reset but to no avail. I am afraid to perform a hard reset because the device may ask me for an unlock code which the seller did not give me. :(

Sifus - please assist. I wonder what went wrong? Thank you in advance.

sobamy
Polygon Mapper

Re: Nuvi 205

Postby sobamy » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:54 am

sobamy wrote:I am having trouble with my Nuvi 205. I was trying to charge it using the supplied house charger. It didn't work and I get the error message "This accessory is not supported".

I tried charging it using my device's mini USB cable with the Laptop, and it is charging BUT I am not able to access the device to perform backups. Usually, I could access the device to perform my backups with the mini USB cable, especiallly, the GPX file.

Also, when I switch on the Nuvi 205, this error message pops up. Everytime I have to tap the OK button to continue. I did a soft reset but to no avail. I am afraid to perform a hard reset because the device may ask me for an unlock code which the seller did not give me. :(

Sifus - please assist. I wonder what went wrong? Thank you in advance.

Problems solved. Thanks to Uncle Wong :tq:

geoffmalc

Garmin Nuvi 205

Postby geoffmalc » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:57 pm

I need some advice from experienced GPS people, I have downloaded MFM maps for Garmin which had South Africa maps, then when asked I did download to the Device, and you can see files there, but cannot open maps (any) now, What haven't I done?
geoffmalc

zamad
Valued Contributor

Re: Garmin Nuvi 205

Postby zamad » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:31 pm

@geoffmalc,

The mfm map which you downloaded and installed into your 205 should be in the /Garmin folder (either in main memory or SDcard). By default it is named gmapsupp.img. So too was your South Africa map!

You should be able to use the map 'as-is' because it is unlocked (never was..). One possible reason why you cannot open it is because it might be corrupted. Try re-installing it on an SDcard. If it fails, do a fresh download and reinstall.
mfm : magnificent free maps
Garmin nüvi 2575RLM v2.80, Garmin 60CSx v4.00, Garmin nüvi 205W(patched), Papago R5800 X8.5, Qstarz Q1000P (Datalogger)
Retired: GMXT Palm T|X, nuvifone A10 v5.0.77, Garmin-Asus G60 v2.43, GPSlim236 (Datalogger)

Return to “GPS Devices”