Nuvi 765T Part 1

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
carlover

Re: Nuvi 765T

Postby carlover » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:35 pm

bahathir wrote:Correct you can see the custom icons; police ambush, redligh camera.. but these icons are in seperate GPI files in Garmin/POI directory.

The custom icons which maxyeo, miju and I mentioned are the icons which already built into gmapsupp.img (map file), such as Petronas, Shell, Esso logos, not just a generic pump station logo.

Guys,

I notice that my POI like TrafficCam and SpeedTrap alert POI files put in Memory Card POI Folder but when you access the Custom POI menu in the Nuvi, it shows "No Match Found".

Why is this so?
Currently Using : Garmin NUVI 3560LM with Live Traffic FM Receiver

bahathir

Postby bahathir » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:46 pm

carlover wrote:Guys,

I notice that my POI like TrafficCam and SpeedTrap alert POI files put in Memory Card POI Folder but when you access the Custom POI menu in the Nuvi, it shows "No Match Found".

Why is this so?

Err, I never tried to put POIs in SD card... My nuvi's internal memory storage's free space is more than 1GB, not so rely on external SD card.
--
Garmin nüvi® 755T (v2.80 TWN)

carlover

Postby carlover » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:48 pm

bahathir wrote:
carlover wrote:Guys,

Why is this so?

Err, I never tried to put POIs in SD card... My nuvi's internal memory storage's free space is more than 1GB, not so rely on external SD card.

I have put one of my POI into my Garmin Drive but still not able to show up.

bahathir

Postby bahathir » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:28 pm

Did you put the gpi files in Garmin_drive:\Garmin\POI directory?
--
Garmin nüvi® 755T (v2.80 TWN)

carlover

Postby carlover » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:29 pm

bahathir wrote:Did you put the gpi files in Garmin_drive:\Garmin\POI directory?

Yes, I have put into that folder and no POI shown at all. You mean it should not be this way? Did the system prompt you to install those POI when you boot up the Nuvi?

maxyeo

Postby maxyeo » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:34 pm

ahnah wrote:what type of custom POI is not showng ?

postbox poi .... on my 760 it display and can search for postbox .... but 765 juz dont display and cant search ... ](*,)

same proble as bro carlover facing ....

carlover

Postby carlover » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:36 pm

maxyeo wrote:
ahnah wrote:what type of custom POI is not showng ?

postbox poi .... on my 760 it display and can search for postbox .... but 765 juz dont display and cant search ... ](*,)

Guess you encounter the same problem as me cos when you enter Custom POI menu, there is no POI displayed in the individual Category like TrafficCam and SpeedTrap, it just shows "No Matches Found".

edgarchen
Valued Contributor

Postby edgarchen » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:47 pm

Interesting... So maxyeo & carlover you guys upload the *.gpi file, yet you both having problem to search the poi under custom POI - end up no search matches..

Btw are the proximity alert and speed limit alerts functioning?
Everyone contribute a bit, eventually we can enjoy and benefit more in our navigation. :thumbsup:

carlover

Postby carlover » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:57 pm

edgarchen wrote:Interesting... So maxyeo & carlover you guys upload the *.gpi file, yet you both having problem to search the poi under custom POI - end up no search matches..

Btw are the proximity alert and speed limit alerts functioning?

Yes, it is working and prompting when you pass by the respective roads. However, you will not able to see the POI icon appearing in the map unless you drive pass then you will see the POI icon.

edgarchen
Valued Contributor

Postby edgarchen » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:02 pm

carlover wrote:
Yes, it is working and prompting when you pass by the respective roads. However, you will not able to see the POI icon appearing in the map unless you drive pass then you will see the POI icon.

Alright.
So do you notice the same before you update ur Europe firmware over to Taiwan? Or could it be this modification resulted in these error?
I'm also trying to find out for maxyeo's case on his postbox poi.
Everyone contribute a bit, eventually we can enjoy and benefit more in our navigation. :thumbsup:

Return to “GPS Devices”