Garmin 60csx

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
Rule

Re: Full track not fully show at my 60csx...why? and need help

Postby Rule » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:23 am

divemuster wrote:I've checked the tracks you posted and its >2,000 points. Saved tracks on the 60CSx may not exceed 500 points. That is the problem you are having. The GPSr unit has truncated the tracks to 500 points. You can either edit the tracks in Mapsource to reduce the points or break up into multiple tracks, each with a different name.

Thanks Bro, it solved the problem. =D> =D> =D> \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Rule

Postby Rule » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:43 am

Step by step guide to reduce tracks point for beginner like me.
It works and im happy that why i take this opportunity to help others also.

Mountain biker who want to join us click here http://kayuhbeb.blogspot.com/

kchow24
Location: Shah Alam. Garmin nuvi200W(sold), nuvi710, nuvi765 & GPSmap 60CSx, Garmin-Asus G60, Zumo550

Postby kchow24 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:50 pm

Thanks for guide, Rule.
After doing so, it show full track but no longer 0.1s track. It mean only for viewer use not good for mapping.
Regards,
kchow24

keong8260
Regional Mapper
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)

Postby keong8260 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:23 pm

The solution will be easy :-

At your mapsource, rename your PCC09 into ACTIVE LOG, then transfer it to your 60csx, click Save at your 60csx Tracks section, your 60csx will automatic "trim" the tracklog into 500 points, name as you wish.

You might choose to delete the "temp" memory or left it at your 60csx memory (which will occupy about 24%) and this is the original track which is 2446 points.

The main weakness of 60csx is it can only hold up to 500 points max for each save, while the "temp" memory can hold up to 10000 points (or up to 100% "temp" memory). The draw back for the "temp" memory is you can save alot of points but cannot track back, just for viewing only.

Hope this help. :tq:

Return to “GPS Devices”