Lokatoo

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
zamad
Valued Contributor

Re: Lokatoo

Postby zamad » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:47 pm

Try a different (& thicker) cable.
mfm : magnificent free maps
Garmin nüvi 2575RLM v2.80, Garmin 60CSx v4.00, Garmin nüvi 205W(patched), Papago R5800 X8.5, Qstarz Q1000P (Datalogger)
Retired: GMXT Palm T|X, nuvifone A10 v5.0.77, Garmin-Asus G60 v2.43, GPSlim236 (Datalogger)

piju

Postby piju » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:58 pm

i see,
lakatoo unit can use Garmin mobile XT for windows mobile
http://9m2pju.blogspot.com

kiamat

Postby kiamat » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:19 am

hello..
i already install garmin to my lookatoo device..
but if i want to install papago, which version can install to lookatoo device?
and can i update papago maps here?

one more question.. i saw at youtube, lookatoo can install 4 gps program in lookatoo with icon..
how to do that?

thank you..

nak71

Postby nak71 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:52 am

kiamat wrote:hello..

one more question.. i saw at youtube, lookatoo can install 4 gps program in lookatoo with icon..
how to do that?

thank you..

thats me..hehe
Nuvi 2465LM
Nuvi 57LM

omnia

Postby omnia » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:26 pm

zamad wrote:Try a different (& thicker) cable.

Hi,
i try another cable... can't solve the problem... ](*,)

what this ?
you may also need to set the interface option on your GPS to 'Garmin' or 'host'

any idea ?

Thanks.

ansonkelvin

Postby ansonkelvin » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:47 am

kiamat wrote:hello..

how to do that?

thank you..

Yes, I tried. My Lokatoo can use Garmin MXT, PaPaGo X3, Lokatoo & Amigo. I am testing for Igo8.

Here is a screen shoot. You need additional software to make it done.

capzfelix

Postby capzfelix » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:19 pm

Hi Anson,

May I know what version of Lokatoo are you having when you install 'hack' onto it to make it run Garmin and etc.? Is it Ver2.x?

The reason I say this is that Lokatoo have somehow upgraded all their A1000 model to run a newer version of its software v3.1x, which I believed have sealed the ability for it to run Garmin or Papago software.

Any comments?

nak71

Postby nak71 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:26 am

I run Garmin on Lokatoo A1000 without any problem... :-'
Nuvi 2465LM
Nuvi 57LM

NoX

Postby NoX » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:37 pm

nak71 wrote:I run Garmin on Lokatoo A1000 without any problem... :-'

Lokatoo are wince base, no problem running GMXT, Papago, Igo, etc... its very easy to hacked.. however Garmin is more linux base, it should run on Lokatoo but as I have tried on most wince device its laggy and can hang... are yours ok..

Most CE base PND are easily hacked... the hardest I've tried is the Mio Moov 500, this unit run Navman.. took me 2 days to do it.. but it worth the effort.

On Lokatoo you can put various skin on it, which is legal, there are pdf reader, and various player to make it a multimedia device... the only illegal thing to do on it is to put those Nav software, as mentioned the various unlock skin are legal.

capzfelix wrote:Hi Anson,

May I know what version of Lokatoo are you having when you install 'hack' onto it to make it run Garmin and etc.? Is it Ver2.x?

The reason I say this is that Lokatoo have somehow upgraded all their A1000 model to run a newer version of its software v3.1x, which I believed have sealed the ability for it to run Garmin or Papago software.

Any comments?

Not a big deal, if you could get to the CE interface, you could launch GPS finder to see which port its using, and once you get it just use port splitter to reroute,, you may need Mort Script to get it automatically launch.

If they sealed the GPS, it may be shut for other program, try locating the .ini files and try changing few configuration on GPS ports or output, different unit are different. Mort Script may be needed to Kill the Lokatoo program from launching and freeing the GPS for other program.

This are just the basis of CE hacking, don't ask me exactly how to do it... this is not a place for it.

NoX

Bro NoX, please do not further discuss on this topic. :tq: /SB
I feel sad that Antyong retired - Mapping Community should not be taken advantage off...use http://www.waze.com it's payback time

Adam Loh

Where can i find the Lokatoo GPS China map ?

Postby Adam Loh » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:34 am

Where can i find the lokatoo gps china map ? izzit possible to install the garmin china map into the lokatoo devices ?

Any ideas ??

Return to “GPS Devices”