Garmin Nuvi 1450 / 1460

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
kooljazz

Re: Nuvi 1460

Postby kooljazz » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:02 pm

innocast wrote:using the kingston 1GB microSD with my nuvi 1460, works great, new garmin device ish damn cool, can have so many maps at the same time...

besides, anyone knows which folder i can store the vehicle icons in my microSD in order for the nuvi to works??? i dun want to store at the garmin main memory becos the leftover space is rather limited, before updating the official garmin map must always move the files to somewhere before i can have enough space to upgrade....... :( :( :( :(

i tried microSD, \garmin\vehicle or root folder \vehicle also does not work....... :(

I think the microSD can only be used for maps and POIs. Not for other stuff, eg: vehicle icons and voice files.

innocast

Postby innocast » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:57 am

kooljazz wrote:
innocast wrote:using the kingston 1GB microSD with my nuvi 1460, works great, new garmin device ish damn cool, can have so many maps at the same time...

besides, anyone knows which folder i can store the vehicle icons in my microSD in order for the nuvi to works??? i dun want to store at the garmin main memory becos the leftover space is rather limited, before updating the official garmin map must always move the files to somewhere before i can have enough space to upgrade....... :( :( :( :(

i tried microSD, \garmin\vehicle or root folder \vehicle also does not work....... :(

I think the microSD can only be used for maps and POIs. Not for other stuff, eg: vehicle icons and voice files.

but JPEG also works le.............on microSD

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:59 am

innocast wrote:
kooljazz wrote:

but JPEG also works le.............on microSD

Yes, Nuvi will display images from main memory or SD card.

innocast

Postby innocast » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:14 pm

silverbeauty wrote:

Yes, Nuvi will display images from main memory or SD card.

but cannot put voice file or vehicle icons at the SD for it to work le............ [-( [-( [-( [-( [-( [-(

kkffoo

Postby kkffoo » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:15 pm

hi, anyone encounter problem like mine?

i am using my brother nuvi 1460 with latest firmware 2.6
basemap v5 worldwide auto route
mfm 010920 , the problem is ,

1st problem, some of the places when i search and =>go, the funny route comming out, like the direct line cut through all the road direct to the destination , this happen to some of the places only. i have no problem if i replace the basemap to v2 .seem like the route it select is from the basemap(very simply general road) itself instead of the detail map

2nd problem, when u zoom out till the maximum, the device goes shutdown , when you have to swith it on back, seem like the mfm crash with the basemap when zoom to certain level, anyone encounter this problem ? happen to be the same with both basemap v2 and v5, i never sucessful zoom out before with mfm , i have no problem with the original msm and the malsing NT.

so far that is the problem i am encountering , have you all seen this kind of problem before?

i been using garmin mobile XT for so many years with mfm, never encounter problem like that .

sakura
Contributor

Postby sakura » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:48 pm

Can we do 1-sec tracklog with Nuvi 1460?

Nuvi 2x5/7x5 hidden tracklog feature can be activated (viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3929)
and 1-sec tracklog in N2x0W/2x5W/7x0/7x5 can be enabled by patch (viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1616).

How about Nuvi 1460?
Current Project Area: Offline
...she stood there in the shadows and waited for me...

kooljazz

Postby kooljazz » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:33 pm

sakura wrote:Can we do 1-sec tracklog with Nuvi 1460?

Nuvi 2x5/7x5 hidden tracklog feature can be activated (viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3929)
and 1-sec tracklog in N2x0W/2x5W/7x0/7x5 can be enabled by patch (viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1616).

How about Nuvi 1460?

See this topic viewtopic.php?p=76250#p76250

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Postby JasonLee » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:06 pm

kkffoo wrote:hi, anyone encounter problem like mine?

i am using my brother nuvi 1460 with latest firmware 2.6
basemap v5 worldwide auto route
mfm 010920 , the problem is ,

1st problem, some of the places when i search and =>go, the funny route comming out, like the direct line cut through all the road direct to the destination , this happen to some of the places only. i have no problem if i replace the basemap to v2 .seem like the route it select is from the basemap(very simply general road) itself instead of the detail map

2nd problem, when u zoom out till the maximum, the device goes shutdown , when you have to swith it on back, seem like the mfm crash with the basemap when zoom to certain level, anyone encounter this problem ? happen to be the same with both basemap v2 and v5, i never sucessful zoom out before with mfm , i have no problem with the original msm and the malsing NT.

so far that is the problem i am encountering , have you all seen this kind of problem before?

i been using garmin mobile XT for so many years with mfm, never encounter problem like that .
Hi Bro Kkffoo,

Firstly back-up all your favorites as a precautionary measure. What you will most likely lose are the recently found places and location customizations.

Then do a hard reset and delete all user data.

That should cure problem 1 at least.
Lean not on your own understanding

sakura
Contributor

Postby sakura » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:26 am

kooljazz wrote:
sakura wrote:Can we do 1-sec tracklog with Nuvi 1460?

How about Nuvi 1460?

See this topic viewtopic.php?p=76250#p76250

Oh thank you!

But I cannot see stop button in my 1460? :-?
Any way to stop it without going back to speedometer>hold 5 sec>Diagnostic Logging>Stop Recording?
Any short cut bro?
Current Project Area: Offline
...she stood there in the shadows and waited for me...

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Postby JasonLee » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:00 am

sakura wrote:
Oh thank you!

But I cannot see stop button in my 1460? :-?
Any way to stop it without going back to speedometer>hold 5 sec>Diagnostic Logging>Stop Recording?
Any short cut bro?

HI Bro Sakura,

You must have upgraded your firmware to v2.50 or v2.60 as it has been reported that the STOP button disappeared from v2.50. The solution is to revert back to v2.40. I am still on v2.40 :thumbsup:
Lean not on your own understanding

Return to “GPS Devices”