Changing The Nuvi 3xx Battery - A Step By Step Guide

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
sphinx

Re: Changing The Nuvi 3xx Battery - A Step By Step Guide

Postby sphinx » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:10 pm

Hi bro gpssin, it was great meeting you today. Appreciate your time to meet me and offer your help to replace my nuvi's battery. Kudos :peace:

gpssin
Valued Contributor

Postby gpssin » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:50 am

Hi bro,

you are most welcome. I fast leg fast hand replaced the Nuvi battery for you, now testing the charging & discharging function. If every things goes well you can get it back tonite.

Cheers :wink:
快乐其实很"简单", "简单"就是快乐.

sphinx

Postby sphinx » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:59 am

gpssin wrote:Hi bro,

you are most welcome. I fast leg fast hand replaced the Nuvi battery for you, now testing the charging & discharging function. If every things goes well you can get it back tonite.

Cheers :wink:

Wow... that's fast. Salute you. Let me know how it goes. You're right. I'm too GPS dependant now. I miss another turn last night when heading home. :ko:

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Postby moeyhc » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:13 pm

You one lucky guy in Sin with a battery change guru... we in Penang gotta DIY... Hope Bro gpssin will open a branch office here.... :D
Common Sense Is Not Common.

sphinx

Postby sphinx » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:30 pm

We are indeed a lucky group to have bro gpssin in Singapore... \:D/
Just collected my battery-replaced nuvi from bro gpssin, so far so good. Excellent job. Many cheers to bro gpssin. :thumbsup: =D> =D> =D>

ckteh888
Valued Contributor

Postby ckteh888 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:24 pm

Great photos, and is one of the most detail that anyone could explained better. :good: :good: :good:
May I ask you something,,, why my Nuvi 310 antenna is not getting good reception when I flip up, is it due to the inside connection loose or what I don't know :ko: :ko:

thanks and please reply if you could help,,, now I have to connect external antenna inorder to get reception.

:tq: ckteh888

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:31 am

ckteh888 wrote:Great photos, and is one of the most detail that anyone could explained better. :good: :good: :good:
May I ask you something,,, why my Nuvi 310 antenna is not getting good reception when I flip up, is it due to the inside connection loose or what I don't know :ko: :ko:

thanks and please reply if you could help,,, now I have to connect external antenna inorder to get reception.

:tq: ckteh888

Guessing that your antenna could be open-circuited :-k

moeyhc
Valued Contributor

Postby moeyhc » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:57 am

There are reasons for your poor reception. If the connector is open or bad contact as mentioned you'll not be able to get good signals even with an external antenna. This is true because the antenna assembly is connect via just this connector. If it was working good initially than I suspect deteriorating components and or external contamination (moisture, dust..etc) that gets inside the antenna assembly. RF components are sensitive to environmental factors.

If we have time together on my next trip back I'll try to open and clean it for you.... this will cost you a Beer.... and no warranty it will work...because I'll be drunk :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:.... :peace: ... cheers!

FauSham
Location: Kelantan [Legend Cx / Nuvi 200(Damage) / Nuvi 760 / Nuvi 265W(New)]

Postby FauSham » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:00 pm

Moe, :D ....
All Nuvis have rechargeable battery.... maybe can damage one day....
When something problem with that battery... we will bukak sana bukak sini dengan susah payahnya :frus: sometime will damage our casing....
I just wondering....... Why some Nuvis don have any screw to open Nuvi's back side cover to change battery?
FauSham @ Malaysia & Singapore Free Maps - MalFreeMaps
AMATEUR RADIO CALLSIGN: 9W2WFN

moeyhc
Valued Contributor

Postby moeyhc » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:36 pm

This is part of the business strategy of continued revenue generation for Garmin. If they make it like a mobile phone than you'll never need to send it back for service... money is driving this design... nothing else.

BTW, my modified Nokia battery is working fine. Will post my experience once I complete the electrical contact fixture.

Cheers!...Moe :mrgreen: the 3 stooges.

Return to “GPS Devices”