Garmin Firmware Updates

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
snipfer
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:50 pm
Location: Sg

Re: Garmin Firmware Updates

Postby snipfer » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:16 pm

Update>

I decided to flash back nuvi765_SG_v210.exe
everything is working fine now > emily is no longer incompatible

guess i will wait for garmin 's email before updating to 2.30
Localised 765 from EASTGEAR + Glisson Antenna 32db

WknThDg
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:45 am

Re: Garmin Firmware Updates

Postby WknThDg » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:52 am

dvpro wrote:
james_lee wrote:Example for using RGNvoiceEditor which created by turboCCC.
you may use the program check SgMy firmware support which Audio File,
no need one by one delete the audio file see which one incompatible.
see below SgMy firmware 255W support audio voice file,

Thanks for the tip, but where to get the utility? It seems there is no more link for it at http://turboccc.wikispaces.com/


http://turboccc.wikispaces.com/file/detail/RGNVoiceEditor_V102.zip
Last edited by dvpro on Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Thanks for the link!

WknThDg
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:45 am

Re: Garmin Firmware Updates

Postby WknThDg » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:21 am

james_lee,

Could you please upload that "out.rgn" file that you used with RGNVoiceEditor v1.02?
"...nuvi2x5W_SG\Garmin\origin v2.80\out.rgn"

User avatar
dvpro
Moderator
Posts: 2170
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:09 am
Location: KUL, MY (Handheld, PDA Based)

Re: Garmin Firmware Updates

Postby dvpro » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:53 am

james_lee wrote:Example for using RGNvoiceEditor which created by turboCCC.
you may use the program check SgMy firmware support which Audio File,
no need one by one delete the audio file see which one incompatible.
...

However I found out there is a limitation where only first 15 voices are loaded. For RGN with more than 15 voices, (if the voice that needs to be verified is not displayed within the first 15), RGN needs to be opened with Hex Editor and look for string containing voice part number.

p/s In situations like above, I'd still recommend remove and replace method which is less complicated, especially to newbies. :-'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

User avatar
dvpro
Moderator
Posts: 2170
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:09 am
Location: KUL, MY (Handheld, PDA Based)

Re: Garmin Firmware Updates

Postby dvpro » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:13 am

snipfer wrote:Update>

I decided to flash back nuvi765_SG_v210.exe
everything is working fine now > emily is no longer incompatible

guess i will wait for garmin 's email before updating to 2.30

Thanks to James_lee, I managed to verify Sing/Mal 2.30 firmware with RGN VoiceEditor, and found out that English_British_Emily.vpm is not supported in that version.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

snipfer
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:50 pm
Location: Sg

Re: Garmin Firmware Updates

Postby snipfer » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:57 am

dvpro wrote:
snipfer wrote:Update>

I decided to flash back nuvi765_SG_v210.exe
everything is working fine now > emily is no longer incompatible

guess i will wait for garmin 's email before updating to 2.30

Thanks to James_lee, I managed to verify Sing/Mal 2.30 firmware with RGN VoiceEditor, and found out that English_British_Emily.vpm is not supported in that version.


garmin's fault again. ](*,)
Localised 765 from EASTGEAR + Glisson Antenna 32db

snipfer
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:50 pm
Location: Sg

Re: Garmin Firmware Updates

Postby snipfer » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:51 pm

Garmin TW replied my email.

BRITISH ENGLISH EMILY is not a default voice in the nuvi 765 Sing/Mal. We only support default voice now

](*,)
Localised 765 from EASTGEAR + Glisson Antenna 32db

chrischau
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:40 pm

Re: Garmin Firmware Updates

Postby chrischau » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Hi Bros,

Since i updated my Garmin nuvi 255w (US) to ver.6.10 / GPS SW ver.4.10b,
it never provides any routes use U-turn again, whether "avoid u-turn" check or not.

Pls let me know what's the problem. or the newest Map from mfm problem?

Thx

ps: sorry, my English is no good.

Kiattz
Contributor
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:04 pm

Re: Garmin Firmware Updates

Postby Kiattz » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:52 pm

New Firmware for nüvi® 1350/1460 Sing/Mal Unit Software v2.40 (2010-03)

chaicka
Polygon Mapper
Posts: 358
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:54 pm

Re: Garmin Firmware Updates

Postby chaicka » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:58 pm

Kiattz wrote:New Firmware for nüvi® 1350/1460 Sing/Mal Unit Software v2.40 (2010-03)


Wild Guess: To support SG Live Traffic feature. :D


Return to “GPS Devices”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests