which garmin should i get?

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
feiming
Valued Contributor

which garmin should i get?

Postby feiming » Sun May 28, 2017 12:45 pm

I'm getting a new garmin gps for tracking. Which should i get between Garmin GPSMAP 64s and etrex touch 35?

eddy_duyung
Contributor
Location: Tinggi Island,Johore. Garmin Mobile XT,nüvi 50LM,nüvi 880,nüvi 255W,nüvi 2465

Re: which garmin should i get?

Postby eddy_duyung » Wed May 31, 2017 12:14 am

Depend on your budget..for me..i'm hiking and explore the jungle by using garmin Nuvi only...bring my powerbank ..and waterproof bag.
Nokia 5800XM , Garmin nüvi 50LM,Garmin nüvi 880,Garmin nüvi 255W,Garmin nüvi 2465

Rdube123

Postby Rdube123 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:37 pm

GPSMAP 64 - I discover it has more oomph in the engine, and you don't need to utilize a clicky stick. As much as I cherished my old etrex, once you go catches or touchscreen, you never need to backpedal to clicky stick arrive (as I would see it). In the event that physical size is a factor, at that point the etrex wins. You could likewise hold up to perceive how the etrex touch arrangement works out.
[code=http://hostonssd.com/dedicated-hosting.php] ecommerce website hosting[/code]

gpsnerd
Contributor

Postby gpsnerd » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:26 pm

borrow your thread

my current 205w is dying soon... i love it for its easy searching of POI, eg, I want to Petaling Jaya, i type ingjay, i'll search anything with the sequence of letters and help me do a match.

unlike the newer garmin, needs to spell 'petaling' and click on the matching word, hit space, spell 'jay', and jaya comes out, click on it, then search

this is tedious if u are constantly on the move, no newer garmin can do what the old 205w can do yah?

2. why garmin gps don't have a straight line link to your selected POI, while navigating us? least we can know we are in 'correct' direction :-?
User of 205 / 205W
Currently using 255W and 205W, 4592 LM

znorhe

Postby znorhe » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:20 am

gpsnerd wrote:borrow your thread

my current 205w is dying soon... i love it for its easy searching of POI, eg, I want to Petaling Jaya, i type ingjay, i'll search anything with the sequence of letters and help me do a match.

unlike the newer garmin, needs to spell 'petaling' and click on the matching word, hit space, spell 'jay', and jaya comes out, click on it, then search

this is tedious if u are constantly on the move, no newer garmin can do what the old 205w can do yah?

2. why garmin gps don't have a straight line link to your selected POI, while navigating us? least we can know we are in 'correct' direction :-?

Maybe you want to check this https://www.lelong.com.my/100-garmin-nuvi-205w-free-wall-charger-data-cable-sp-carrot-X476164-2007-01-Sale-I.htm
Garmin Mobile XT and Garmin nüvi 255W and Papago M11

gpsnerd
Contributor

Postby gpsnerd » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:58 pm

i think its time to move on, but hope garmin can make it as user-friendly like mobile gps app
User of 205 / 205W
Currently using 255W and 205W, 4592 LM

Return to “GPS Devices”