MFM for Garmin no longer supports 1350

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
veloblur

MFM for Garmin no longer supports 1350

Postby veloblur » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:06 am

Hi there,

I recently tried to use the Garmin launcher.exe program to update the maps on my Gramin 1350 (local SG set) and no matter how many times I tried, I could not get the MFM maps to update. It always results in a server error message. Then I noticed that the 1350 is no longer supported by the Garmin MFM maps on this website: http://www.garmin.com.sg/mapupdate/

Could any of the MFM members clarify that this is indeed the case and if it's due to some technical limitation or a Garmin decision?

Thanks!

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Re: MFM for Garmin no longer supports 1350

Postby moeyhc » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:03 pm

Sad to hear of your predicament. The 1350 is not listed in the map update. This might be an error.

Hope this post will trigger Garmin to act. MfM Maps is for all to enjoy (Terms & Conditions apply).
Common Sense Is Not Common.

dralexlu@yahoo.com

Postby dralexlu@yahoo.com » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:12 pm

I experienced the same problem ie unable to update SG/MY 2015 40 MFM onto my Garmin 1350, despite my attempts using different computers and internet connections. I went to check on Garmin Singapore website and noted 1350 was a discontinued product. I tried to email to Garmin but unsure which email address to use.

is there any way I can update it ? I would like to update it since MFM is better than MSM.

thanks

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:43 pm

dralexlu@yahoo.com wrote:I experienced the same problem ie unable to update SG/MY 2015 40 MFM onto my Garmin 1350, despite my attempts using different computers and internet connections. I went to check on Garmin Singapore website and noted 1350 was a discontinued product. I tried to email to Garmin but unsure which email address to use.

is there any way I can update it ? I would like to update it since MFM is better than MSM.

thanks

Manual update

Download our CGS mapper version via this link viewtopic.php?f=46&t=15455

Run the installer to create a map file gmapsupp.img

Buy an SD card
Create a sub folder /garmin
copy this file into that subfolder
done

Return to “GPS Devices”