How to Update MFM Maps into 2016 Honda Civic Garmin

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
medowance

How to Update MFM Maps into 2016 Honda Civic Garmin

Postby medowance » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:58 pm

Dear all,

I have a pre-install garmin in my ride.

It stated if to updated my map; i need to plug my 16GB usb drive to the HU 1st to request for map update.

Then unplug and plug into PC using Garmin Express to download the map.

Once map download complete; I need plug back to my car to update the map.

So instead of using the free map from Honda; how can I update MFM map in my ride?

Thanks.

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Re: How to Update MFM Maps into 2016 Honda Civic Garmin

Postby moeyhc » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:56 pm

If it's a Garmin, MfM map should work. You have to figure out how to load our CGPSmapper map. Most Garmin system read the map from a SD card. If you can find it then take a look inside to see if there are any Garmin map files inside. Garmin maps are traditionally labelled as Gmapsupp.img, Gmapprom.img, Gmapbmap.img, Gmaptz.img...etc. and is in X:\Garmin\.system (note that .system folder is a hidden folder. You need to enable your Explorer to view hidden files to see it.

Hope this helps.... cheers!
Common Sense Is Not Common.

medowance

Postby medowance » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:02 am

moeyhc wrote:If it's a Garmin, MfM map should work. You have to figure out how to load our CGPSmapper map. Most Garmin system read the map from a SD card. If you can find it then take a look inside to see if there are any Garmin map files inside. Garmin maps are traditionally labelled as Gmapsupp.img, Gmapprom.img, Gmapbmap.img, Gmaptz.img...etc. and is in X:\Garmin\.system (note that .system folder is a hidden folder. You need to enable your Explorer to view hidden files to see it.

Hope this helps.... cheers!

Thank for the infomation.

Another quick question.... How do I access the download map section? It stated restricted.
I remember it can be downloadable previously at public download.

Thanks

eddy_duyung
Contributor
Location: Tinggi Island,Johore. Garmin Mobile XT,nüvi 50LM,nüvi 880,nüvi 255W,nüvi 2465

Postby eddy_duyung » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:47 pm

Here direct Download Link for latest MFM map ,might be some error somewhere if you cant access the public download sections.

http://adf.ly/1c9PK2

wait 5 second,and click "Skip Ad"
Hope this help.
Nokia 5800XM , Garmin nüvi 50LM,Garmin nüvi 880,Garmin nüvi 255W,Garmin nüvi 2465

medowance

Postby medowance » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:51 pm

eddy_duyung wrote:Here direct Download Link for latest MFM map ,might be some error somewhere if you cant access the public download sections.

http://adf.ly/1c9PK2

wait 5 second,and click "Skip Ad"
Hope this help.

TQVM

Return to “GPS Devices”