Nuvi 55LM SG/MY

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
kennytan

Nuvi 55LM SG/MY

Postby kennytan » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:37 am

By default, all 3 maps in the device are checked (Malfree, Malsing and Here). Is this correct? Do I check 1 only?
What's the difference between the map here and the one downloaded from Garmin website? Are they not the same?
Last time I use Papago and use the maps from here. So easy. Papago GPS, when driving, the map auto zoom in when car slows down and zoom out when car is in high speed. 55LM doesn't and is always at zoom out view when car slows down. Perhaps I don't know how to operate Garmin. Any guru knows how to let 55LM auto zoom in and out?

If I download the map from here, how do I do it and do I put it in the sd card?

Sorry to ask so many questions as 1st time using Garmin.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Nuvi 55LM SG/MY

Postby silverbeauty » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:11 pm

kennytan wrote:By default, all 3 maps in the device are checked (Malfree, Malsing and Here). Is this correct? Do I check 1 only?
What's the difference between the map here and the one downloaded from Garmin website? Are they not the same?
Last time I use Papago and use the maps from here. So easy. Papago GPS, when driving, the map auto zoom in when car slows down and zoom out when car is in high speed. 55LM doesn't and is always at zoom out view when car slows down. Perhaps I don't know how to operate Garmin. Any guru knows how to let 55LM auto zoom in and out?

If I download the map from here, how do I do it and do I put it in the sd card?

Sorry to ask so many questions as 1st time using Garmin.

Newer Nuvis allows you to check all 3 maps and they will work cohesively

The CGS Mapper map is compiled via a third party compilor. It is latest and updated more frequently via contibution from members users like yourself vs the Garmin-MfM version which is compiled using Garmin compilor

I do not have a 55LM but from my experience with older Nuvis the it does autozoom. Check the settings. It might have auto-zoom disabled.

After downloading the zip map from our download section, unzip the installer and run it. It will generate a garmin map file named gmapsupp.img. Go buy a SD card and create a sub-folder /garmin. Put this map into this sub-folder and plug into your Nuvi. Please disable the other 3 default maps in main memory before using our CGS Map

Return to “GPS Devices”