Garmin nuvi52 (TWN) Version

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
michaeleu

Garmin nuvi52 (TWN) Version

Postby michaeleu » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:40 pm

I'm going to Taiwan next month, planning to get myself a Garmin nuvi52 (twn) version. was told by Garmin TW that the bundle Taiwan map is chinese version. can I use HANYU PiNYin to search POI ? anybody knows ?

Or anybody know there is other alternative brand which is sold in Singapore that bundle with taiwan map together with Mal/Sing maps.

One last qns, If I get the Garmin nuvi52 (TWN) version, can I load in Malaysia & Singapore Map ?

Thanks.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Garmin nuvi52 (TWN) Version

Postby silverbeauty » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:11 pm

michaeleu wrote:I'm going to Taiwan next month, planning to get myself a Garmin nuvi52 (twn) version. was told by Garmin TW that the bundle Taiwan map is chinese version. can I use HANYU PiNYin to search POI ? anybody knows ?

Or anybody know there is other alternative brand which is sold in Singapore that bundle with taiwan map together with Mal/Sing maps.

One last qns, If I get the Garmin nuvi52 (TWN) version, can I load in Malaysia & Singapore Map ?

Thanks.

I had a Nuvi 765 Taiwan version. All I did was switch language to English.

michaeleu

Postby michaeleu » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:10 pm

What I think is that the map is in chinese version. the unit can be set to english but the map still in chinese.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:27 pm

Maps native language remains. Only Nuvi functions change language.

vash_h

Postby vash_h » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:53 pm

u can still use MFM cgpsmapper maps.. but not the garmin sg/my map.
difference, cgpsmapper map does not have junction view.

also, learn to use the "bo po mo fo" input method. its faster to search on taiwanese gps.. i still have a taiwanese garmin 205W. took me about a day to learn bo po mo fo.. thanks to professor google.
<-My Blog: HaroldChia.com->
<-MFM MAPS + Garmin Nuvi 50LM + Papago Z1 + Garmin Nuvi 205w + Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 ->

Return to “GPS Devices”