How to restore our GPS device?

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
gpsnerd
Contributor

How to restore our GPS device?

Postby gpsnerd » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:58 am

What do we need to back up and how to go about restoring it?
my device navigation is screwed on some routes. central to east side, it detour to north side and then to east side..
User of 205 / 205W
Currently using 255W and 205W, 4592 LM

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: How to restore our GPS device?

Postby silverbeauty » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:38 pm

gpsnerd wrote:What do we need to back up and how to go about restoring it?
my device navigation is screwed on some routes. central to east side, it detour to north side and then to east side..

Back up your personal Favorite located in gps folder
Back up your latest map if these differs from preloaded maps when you bought unit
Take note of certain setup / customization in tools setup.

Hard reset per your device model type procedure. It is in the quick start manual as provided with your GPS box.

eddy_duyung
Contributor
Location: Tinggi Island,Johore. Garmin Mobile XT,nüvi 50LM,nüvi 880,nüvi 255W,nüvi 2465

Re: How to restore our GPS device?

Postby eddy_duyung » Tue May 13, 2014 10:31 am

Agreed with Bro Silverbeauty....i'm hardly reset my devices to factory setting,no problem cause after reset..
Nokia 5800XM , Garmin nüvi 50LM,Garmin nüvi 880,Garmin nüvi 255W,Garmin nüvi 2465

Return to “GPS Devices”