Garmin Nuvi 3560LM Maps & Voice Command

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
windza

Garmin Nuvi 3560LM Maps & Voice Command

Postby windza » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:33 pm

Hi all,

I just purchased the 3560LM. One thing I found is that the built in Navteq map is not complete and sometimes incorrect for certain road names. So I installed malfreemaps. But by doing this, some feature in the voice command does not work - like "Find Place", "Find Address" etc.. Triggering the command will result in "This feature is not available in Malaysia for British English" error. If I select both malfreemaps and navteq, then the GPS will only display Navteq.

For now I disabled Navteq map because I really like malfreemaps.

Anybody has any idea on how to make the voice command still work with malfreemaps? I have a nuvi 3790 and it works fine with malfreemaps, even the voice commands..

thanks!

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Garmin Nuvi 3560LM Maps & Voice Command

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:28 am

Try use Karen

tjunkie

Postby tjunkie » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:56 pm

Mine is nuvi 2567 LM and the voice command won't work too with mfm even with Karen

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

sanadi

Postby sanadi » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:24 pm

Those Voice Commands features only work with NAVTEQ maps unfortunately.

Return to “GPS Devices”