Nuvi 205W serial Number

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
jasonooi

Nuvi 205W serial Number

Postby jasonooi » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:22 pm

Hi, i am using Nuvi 205W and i try to update the map recently and upon downloading the garmin system need me to key in the unit serial number to obtain the activation code for the downloading...but i have tried key in many times and garmin system keep prompted with saying the serial no was incorrect. As with looking into the GPS unit which i currently has was only a line of code which i find it was the serial no. So guys what can i do next.?

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Nuvi 205W serial Number

Postby silverbeauty » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:47 pm

jasonooi wrote:Hi, i am using Nuvi 205W and i try to update the map recently and upon downloading the garmin system need me to key in the unit serial number to obtain the activation code for the downloading...but i have tried key in many times and garmin system keep prompted with saying the serial no was incorrect. As with looking into the GPS unit which i currently has was only a line of code which i find it was the serial no. So guys what can i do next.?

Unit ID is not Hardware Serial Number located on tag on back of GPS.
Unit ID is a Software serial number found in GPS menu - Tools - settings - System - about. It is a 10-digit number

eddy_duyung
Contributor
Location: Tinggi Island,Johore. Garmin Mobile XT,nüvi 50LM,nüvi 880,nüvi 255W,nüvi 2465

Re: Nuvi 205W serial Number

Postby eddy_duyung » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:20 pm

Jason Ooi...what Nuvi 205W you haved? is it local My/Sg or imported unit from other country?.if u haved local unit,there should be no problem to download map from Garmin.sg...like mentioned by Garmin.sg website below.

sources - http://www.garmin.sg.com
How to find the serial number ?

The serial number is a 8-10 charaters long and contains no spaces or dashes. It is on the bottom of your unit, either inside an outlined box(remove mounting bracket to view) or above the gold contacts.

BTW,if u just need to download..it's no need to key-in the serial number..just click " I AGREE AND START DOWNLOAD ",the map file will download in a second,but you will have a problem later to install the map onto your GPS unit,it will ask the " UNLOCKED CODE " thats you need to generate it from website before,if you dont have sufficient privileage..let say ( IF YOU GPS UNIT IS NOT LOCALLY MY/SG ) so you cant unlock the map set by using Garmin Installer,you need to buy it from Garmin International- http://www.garmin.com

Alternate is,use MFM map,this MFM map much detailed from official released,the keveat only this MFM map just dont have JCV file for Junction View ( JV ),

But there is no need to use this function of JV if your GPS unit is not local My/Sg,because just local unit of My/SG firmware ( FW ) will work this JCV file,if your GPS unit is using USA FW like version V7.60,there is no options to activate JV functions.

Where to get this MFM map? click link - http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=8442

why this MFM map doesnt have JCV file ? ask senior MFM forumers.i dont know how to explain it...not so complex,but you can keep reading in this MFM forum to make it clear.

Hope this help,TQ N regards
Nokia 5800XM , Garmin nüvi 50LM,Garmin nüvi 880,Garmin nüvi 255W,Garmin nüvi 2465

Return to “GPS Devices”