Garmin Nuvi 3592LM SG/MY (Android)

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
NCheok

Re: Garmin Nuvi 3592LM SG/MY (Android)

Postby NCheok » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:38 am

ARMOR1 wrote:Used this unit with the CN Australia & NZ Navteq map in Brisbane/Gold Coast 3 weeks ago. Generally works well, except a couple of times, screen will just blank white whilst navigating. Need to reboot and re-acvitivate the destination waypoint.

I just bought a 3592LM and wanted to know how I can purchase / add Australian maps as well. Could you advise how I could buy this as I cannot find a suitable link on the Garmin.sg website. Did you buy it through the US Garmin.com website and selected the 3590 (US equivalent version) as the Download version?

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:46 am

NCheok wrote:
ARMOR1 wrote:Used this unit with the CN Australia & NZ Navteq map in Brisbane/Gold Coast 3 weeks ago. Generally works well, except a couple of times, screen will just blank white whilst navigating. Need to reboot and re-acvitivate the destination waypoint.

I just bought a 3592LM and wanted to know how I can purchase / add Australian maps as well. Could you advise how I could buy this as I cannot find a suitable link on the Garmin.sg website. Did you buy it through the US Garmin.com website and selected the 3590 (US equivalent version) as the Download version?

You never say where u are from :-?

If in Singapore or Malaysia' go to a Garmin Distributor / Resellor who may stock the map.
Map sold off the shelf is in available in uSD card so will work with any Nuvi.

On-Line try this link : https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/maps/on ... 54-p1.html
Available as download or uSD card

NCheok

RE: Garmin Nuvi 3592LM SG/MY (Android)

Postby NCheok » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:41 pm

Apologies, I'm from Australia. Thanks for the link and advice, which points to this - https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/maps/on ... 16482.html

I previously checked the Garmin.com / Garmin.com.sg / Garmin.com.au sites prior to posting my enquiry. The 3592 is not available in either US or Australia. While the closest version from US is the 3590, hence my question on where I should be buying a "compatible" map from.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: RE: Garmin Nuvi 3592LM SG/MY (Android)

Postby silverbeauty » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:04 am

NCheok wrote:Apologies, I'm from Australia. Thanks for the link and advice, which points to this - https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/maps/on ... 16482.html

I previously checked the Garmin.com / Garmin.com.sg / Garmin.com.au sites prior to posting my enquiry. The 3592 is not available in either US or Australia. While the closest version from US is the 3590, hence my question on where I should be buying a "compatible" map from.

Go to this link : http://www.garmin.com/us/dealerlocator? ... 0-D1257-00

In dialog box, for :
Choose a Dealer Type : Choose Automotive from pull down box
Enter City, State, Zip Code : Australia

After a while you will be prompted with a list of Garmin resellers in Australia.
Choose one closest to you and give them a call for your need.

I believe all Garmin Maps will work with any model Nuvis
Unit 3592 is from the 35XX family but localized for Sin-Mal use ... Junction View/Lane Assist feature only works with Garmin Sin-Mal with these units
If same scenario is with Aussie maps, then JCV & LA assist feature not available should you use this unit there with Aussie Map. Other than this map should work.
Suggest you enquire with Garmin resellor folks there

NCheok

RE: Garmin Nuvi 3592LM SG/MY (Android)

Postby NCheok » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:11 am

Thank you for the detailed response. :good:

rafhanms

Postby rafhanms » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:50 am

Hi all,
I'm from Malaysia and recently purchased 3592LM and have been using it for a week.
I tried to copy my fav saved waypoints from my old 1350 to 3592 through mapsource but mapsource could not detect the device.
Is mapsource cannot read the new 3592?
Is there any other method of updating the maypoints to my 3592?
Pls do help.. 392 waypoints are hardly to key in one by one..

Mapsource version 6.16.3
Garmin Nuvi 3592LM

tympg
Senior Mapper

Postby tympg » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:45 am

^^ Have you tried using BaseCamp instead?
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

Tri-mix

Postby Tri-mix » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:10 pm

It seems this thread has been quiet for a long while.

I have a 3592LM since 2013 and have enjoyed using it.

I am wondering how I can transfer/backup the Favourites I have accumulated over the years? I use BaseCamp and Garmin Express on a Mac and both do not recognise the 3592 at all. In fact, the unit when connected identifies itself as a media device and does not show up on the Mac desktop at all, unlike my other Nuvi devices.

The 3592 is connected to the Mac via the usual USB cable I use for my Nuvi units and direct to the Mac, not through a hub.

Can someone help please?

Thanks!

Return to “GPS Devices”