Garmin Nuvi 3592LM SG/MY (Android)

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
ARMOR1

Garmin Nuvi 3592LM SG/MY (Android)

Postby ARMOR1 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:09 am

Used this unit with the CN Australia & NZ Navteq map in Brisbane/Gold Coast 3 weeks ago. Generally works well, except a couple of times, screen will just blank white whilst navigating. Need to reboot and re-acvitivate the destination waypoint. A bug, I guess, for a new unit. Sometimes, the unit finds it difficult to acquire the satellite when it is rebooted. Not sure if this is because of the heavy cloud cover in Brisbane and Gold Coast at that time.

Can someone who has used this unit advise me on how to use the routes created by trip planner in Basecamp and then transferred to this unit. When I created the route in trip planner in Basecamp and transfer it to the Nuvi 3592, I can see the green transfer indicator in Basecamp indicating the transfer but I cannot seem to find the route that was transferred when I go into the unit to try activate the route. Any idea how and where in the unit is the route residing in and how to activate the custom route created by Basecamp and transferred to the device?

I cannot seem find anything on this topic on the net. Thanks

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Re: Garmin Nuvi 3592LM SG/MY (Android)

Postby JasonLee » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:26 pm

ARMOR1 wrote:Used this unit with the CN Australia & NZ Navteq map in Brisbane/Gold Coast 3 weeks ago. Generally works well, except a couple of times, screen will just blank white whilst navigating. Need to reboot and re-acvitivate the destination waypoint. A bug, I guess, for a new unit. Sometimes, the unit finds it difficult to acquire the satellite when it is rebooted. Not sure if this is because of the heavy cloud cover in Brisbane and Gold Coast at that time.

Can someone who has used this unit advise me on how to use the routes created by trip planner in Basecamp and then transferred to this unit. When I created the route in trip planner in Basecamp and transfer it to the Nuvi 3592, I can see the green transfer indicator in Basecamp indicating the transfer but I cannot seem to find the route that was transferred when I go into the unit to try activate the route. Any idea how and where in the unit is the route residing in and how to activate the custom route created by Basecamp and transferred to the device?

I cannot seem find anything on this topic on the net. Thanks

I don't think the 35xx series has the Route Transfer feature. My 2575R has but not my 3560 although MapSource reports route successfully transferred in both cases.

The 35xx series owner's manual details only a manual route creation:

Planning a Trip
You can use the trip planner to create and save
a trip with multiple destinations.
1 Select Apps > Trip Planner.
2 Select .
3 Select Select Start Location.
4 Search for a location (page 8).
5 Select Select.
6 To add additional locations, select .
7 Select Next.
8 Enter a name, and select Done.
Editing a Trip Itinerary
2 Select a saved trip.
3 Select an option:
• To change the arrival or departure time,
select a location in the trip.
• To record how long you will stay at a
location, select a location in the trip, and
select Duration.
• To change the transportation mode or
route preference for a trip leg, select a
leg, and select Transportation Mode.
• To view the trip on the map, select Map.
Navigating to a Saved Trip
2 Select a saved trip.
3 Select Go!.
4 If prompted, select a route (page 20).
Editing a Saved Trip
2 Select a saved trip.
3 Select .
4 Select an option:
• Select Rename Trip.
• Select Edit Destinations to add and
delete locations, or to change the order
of locations.
• Select Delete Trip.
• Select Optimize Order to arrange the
stops on your trip in the most-efficient
order.

My 3560 is very misleading. It is almost instant-on thus giving the impression of quick satellite lock but that is not the case. It is quite slow in getting lock and getting ready to navigate. While my 2575R may take a longer time to boot up. it captures the satellites within 5 seconds of completing boot-up but the 3560 takes 3-5 minutes.
Lean not on your own understanding

ARMOR1

Postby ARMOR1 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:13 am

Hi Jason

Thanks for the reply. If I can only plan a trip through the device, then I would say that the Trip Planner function is not useful. This is because the purpose of the Trip Planner function is to automatically creates the routes between 2 or more waypoints. In the case where I need to edit the routes which were auto created on the device itself, the editing function therein are restricted to inserting and replacing waypoints, re-ordering etc. It cannot edit the route itself between waypoints if I wish to do so. Whereas in Basecamp, one can easily auto-create the route between 2 waypoints and to edit that route (through the insert, move functions in Basecamp) to take a different turn to the destination waypoint instead. The edited final route can then be saved in Basecamp. I would therefore be very surprised therefore if Garmin did not provide for this function of creating the routes in Basecamp and transferring them to the device for the route to be to be activated within the device.

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Postby JasonLee » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:32 pm

ARMOR1 wrote:Hi Jason

Thanks for the reply. If I can only plan a trip through the device, then I would say that the Trip Planner function is not useful. This is because the purpose of the Trip Planner function is to automatically creates the routes between 2 or more waypoints. In the case where I need to edit the routes which were auto created on the device itself, the editing function therein are restricted to inserting and replacing waypoints, re-ordering etc. It cannot edit the route itself between waypoints if I wish to do so. Whereas in Basecamp, one can easily auto-create the route between 2 waypoints and to edit that route (through the insert, move functions in Basecamp) to take a different turn to the destination waypoint instead. The edited final route can then be saved in Basecamp. I would therefore be very surprised therefore if Garmin did not provide for this function of creating the routes in Basecamp and transferring them to the device for the route to be to be activated within the device.

Hi Bro Armor1,

I cannot speak for Garmin and sometimes I find it difficult to figure out their logic.

Of course it would be much easier to plan the route in Basecamp and transfer the route but there are more ways to skin a cat. I actually travelled with 3 devices when I made my tour of the Golden Triangle end last year/early this year and only the Nuvi2575R could accept transfers from MapSource.

If you do not like the route chosen by the device, you can always hit the detour button until you find a route you like but if it still does not route your preferred way, you can always add a via point (or several via points) for each leg. A bit more work but not so difficult if you have your PC in front of you and the device in hand at the same time.

Just as you can save your route in Basecamp, you can also save it in the device then you are set to go.

ARMOR1

Postby ARMOR1 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:40 pm

JasonLee wrote:Hi Bro Armor1,

I cannot speak for Garmin and sometimes I find it difficult to figure out their logic.

Of course it would be much easier to plan the route in Basecamp and transfer the route but there are more ways to skin a cat. I actually travelled with 3 devices when I made my tour of the Golden Triangle end last year/early this year and only the Nuvi2575R could accept transfers from MapSource.

If you do not like the route chosen by the device, you can always hit the detour button until you find a route you like but if it still does not route your preferred way, you can always add a via point (or several via points) for each leg. A bit more work but not so difficult if you have your PC in front of you and the device in hand at the same time.

Just as you can save your route in Basecamp, you can also save it in the device then you are set to go.

Hi Jason

Yes, guess no choice but to insert additional waypoints to the destination if one needs to re-route the auto-created route, although doing this on the device can be quite cumbersome. Can only hope that Garmin updates Basecamp software to make this basic trip planner route creation in pc and transfer from pc to the Nuvi 3592 possible. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Jason.

aqeef07

Postby aqeef07 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:23 pm

Hi,

By the way, how does one activate the 1 second tracklog in Nuvi 3592LM ? And the Voice Command button is also missing from the Main Screen. How can I find the Voice Command button ?

Please help :ko: :tq:

aqeef07

How to activate 1 sec tracklog in Nuvi 3592LM ?

Postby aqeef07 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:16 pm

Hi Sifus

Can you teach me how to activate the 1 sec tracklog in Nuvi 3592LM ? I would like to contribute new tracks to our forum.

Thank you for the advice :tq:

wimbly

Re: How to activate 1 sec tracklog in Nuvi 3592LM ?

Postby wimbly » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:59 pm

Most of us are not familiar with this model as it is still new. Maybe you can try this method for another model: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=12743 which is in our Library section.

JasonLee
Regional Mapper

Postby JasonLee » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:18 pm

wimbly wrote:Most of us are not familiar with this model as it is still new. Maybe you can try this method for another model: http://malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=12743 which is in our Library section.

For the 35xx series, the method to activate 1-sec tracklogging is similar to the method described in http://malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=12743 EXCEPT that the trigger point is NOT the Speedometer.

The trigger can be activated from the Master Volume page if you touch the UPPER-RIGHT-HAND corner for 5 or more seconds then the rest of the method is the same after you have found Diagnostic Logging on scrolling down the Diagnostics Page

aqeef07

Postby aqeef07 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:27 am

JasonLee wrote:
wimbly wrote:Most of us are not familiar with this model as it is still new. Maybe you can try this method for another model: http://malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=12743 which is in our Library section.

For the 35xx series, the method to activate 1-sec tracklogging is similar to the method described in http://malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=12743 EXCEPT that the trigger point is NOT the Speedometer.

The trigger can be activated from the Master Volume page if you touch the UPPER-RIGHT-HAND corner for 5 or more seconds then the rest of the method is the same after you have found Diagnostic Logging on scrolling down the Diagnostics Page

Jason, thank you for the tips. :tq:

I have tried on my unit. The trigger point is still the speedometer.

Return to “GPS Devices”