How to update Garmin (in the Blaupunkt NY800) Suzuki Swift

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: How to update Garmin (in the Blaupunkt NY800) Suzuki Swi

Postby silverbeauty » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:36 am

oldfreeze wrote:I did what you suggest but still the thing won't function.
It stated no removable map is found.
Then it stated the gps is off. Tried to enable the gps (the one with the earth picture and satelite numbers) but couldn't. It stayed in off position.
But something really caught my eye. It then stated map cannot be mounted when the card is in usb mass storage mode.

GPS off means it is in simulation mode.

Unable to mount, means PC not reading card, a bad contact on SD card reader or u got a faulty SD card

My car uses a Panasonic ICE and in the OEM SD card which contains some custom panasonic files. I only replaced the Gmapsupp.img and Gmapprom.img in garmin sub folder in SD card and maps work upon boot up.

Your Blaupunkt New York likewise may have some to identify the SD card ? Just guessing ...

Have you made a backup of the Original SD card contents ?

If not then suggest you contact local Blaunpunkt support for some assist.

Link : http://www.blaupunkt.com/en/navi-footer ... worldwide/

felfifefuffe77

Re: How to update Garmin (in the Blaupunkt NY800) Suzuki Swi

Postby felfifefuffe77 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:08 pm

oldfreeze wrote:A virus gobbled up all the files in the card and now my wife gonna get mad because it is her car that I messed up. Somebody...plizzzzzzzzzzzzzz

fix virus to decript him http://soft2secure.com/knowledgebase/crypt0l0cker

Return to “GPS Devices”