Garmin nüvi® 52LM SG/MY (Replace 50LM)

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
gpsnerd
Contributor

Re: Garmin nüvi® 52LM SG/MY (Replace 50LM)

Postby gpsnerd » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:46 am

dragonguy wrote:Well I'm using this set. The one only complain about this will be the searching of POIs.

When using mfm (cGPSmapper) maps, I can't find anything when I use "Where To? >> Search".

I have to go to, for e.g. IMM shopping mall, "Where To? >> Catergories >> Shopping >> Search" then key in IMM. Only then IMM related search will comes out. Whereas for the older nuvi 1350 that I tried and used before, can straightaway search for in the POIs section.

Guess that's my only complain for this. As for POI not showing up when navigating, that's no problem for me.

Other then that, It's a good set.

i'm facing this issue as well. no results from mfm (cGPSmapper) maps, when I use "Where To? >> Search"
User of 205 / 205W
Currently using 255W and 205W, 4592 LM

znorhe

Postby znorhe » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:15 pm

gpsnerd wrote:
i'm facing this issue as well. no results from mfm (cGPSmapper) maps, when I use "Where To? >> Search"

You cannot direct search from "Where To? >> Search" (this is new unit limitations)... instead you have to go to, for e.g. IMM shopping mall, "Where To? >> Categories >> Shopping >> Search" then key in IMM. Only then IMM related search will comes out...you have to search by categories...if you want to find Petrol Pump go to "Fuel" and search there...
Garmin Mobile XT and Garmin nüvi 255W and Papago M11

gpsnerd
Contributor

Postby gpsnerd » Fri May 01, 2015 9:54 am

znorhe wrote:
gpsnerd wrote:

You cannot direct search from "Where To? >> Search" (this is new unit limitations)... instead you have to go to, for e.g. IMM shopping mall, "Where To? >> Categories >> Shopping >> Search" then key in IMM. Only then IMM related search will comes out...you have to search by categories...if you want to find Petrol Pump go to "Fuel" and search there...

seems new model is going one step back towards usability towards cGPS map data.
no issues for official garmin mfm/msm though.

sucks!!

seems the older models are more of a 'GEM' :peace:
User of 205 / 205W
Currently using 255W and 205W, 4592 LM

znorhe

Postby znorhe » Sat May 02, 2015 9:56 pm

gpsnerd wrote:
seems new model is going one step back towards usability towards cGPS map data.
no issues for official garmin mfm/msm though.

sucks!!

seems the older models are more of a 'GEM' :peace:

That's why I still keep using my "Garmin Mobile XT" and "Nuvi 255W"... :thumbsup: ...no offence to others that using new model... :-'
Garmin Mobile XT and Garmin nüvi 255W and Papago M11

Return to “GPS Devices”