Broken Digitizer or LCD?

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
User avatar
fir3f0x
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:06 am
Location: KayEl & PeeJay
Contact:

Broken Digitizer or LCD?

Postby fir3f0x » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:51 pm

hello sifu-sifu sekalian,

can anyone tell me how is my gps broken? the lcd or just the digitizer? does it costs much to repair? :ko:

Image

adrianyujs
Posts: 359
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:40 pm

Re: Broken Digitizer or LCD?

Postby adrianyujs » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:20 am

Garmin digitizer n LCD is combined, either u need replace the LCD or motherboard.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

User avatar
fir3f0x
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:06 am
Location: KayEl & PeeJay
Contact:

Re: Broken Digitizer or LCD?

Postby fir3f0x » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:40 pm

thanks sifu. how much would it cost for a motherboard replacement / lcd replacement?

adrianyujs
Posts: 359
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:40 pm

Re: Broken Digitizer or LCD?

Postby adrianyujs » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:42 pm

fir3f0x wrote:thanks sifu. how much would it cost for a motherboard replacement / lcd replacement?


Not cheap replacement, price same as new nuvi 1350

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

User avatar
silverbeauty
Moderator
Posts: 3526
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Broken Digitizer or LCD?

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:51 am

U never say which model Nuvi you have so google is your best friend.

Here is an example of cost.
For a Nuvi 255W, the digitizer can be bought cheap USD8 only + shipping fm HK
link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Garmin-Nuvi-255 ... 0664868575

If you have the necessary tools / skills and ability to DIY you can do it.
Here is a YouTube video on how to do it : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RySuzK4coo
Warning : Not for the faint hearted :-'

chinwy
Regional Mapper
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Kuantan, Pahang

Re: Broken Digitizer or LCD?

Postby chinwy » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:01 am

I broke mine recently. cost 60% of the machine that was brand new! Bitter pill to swallow. It is cheaper to sent tro authorized vendor than direct. You can call the whole/main agent for a quote. They are very helpful.

User avatar
fir3f0x
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:06 am
Location: KayEl & PeeJay
Contact:

Re: Broken Digitizer or LCD?

Postby fir3f0x » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:31 pm

silverbeauty wrote:U never say which model Nuvi you have so google is your best friend.

Here is an example of cost.
For a Nuvi 255W, the digitizer can be bought cheap USD8 only + shipping fm HK
link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Garmin-Nuvi-255 ... 0664868575

If you have the necessary tools / skills and ability to DIY you can do it.
Here is a YouTube video on how to do it : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RySuzK4coo
Warning : Not for the faint hearted :-'


yes it is a 255w. i dont mind to DIY but the sifu on top said it might be a faulty motherboard too. i am not sure how to determine if its a faulty motherboard or faulty digitizer/lcd.

chinwy wrote:I broke mine recently. cost 60% of the machine that was brand new! Bitter pill to swallow. It is cheaper to sent tro authorized vendor than direct. You can call the whole/main agent for a quote. They are very helpful.


authorized vendor? does the one at digital mall (PJ) counted?

chinwy
Regional Mapper
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Kuantan, Pahang

Re: Broken Digitizer or LCD?

Postby chinwy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:37 pm

I am from Kuantan. Look into the official Garmin Malaysia webpage. They run a list of them. Most of them has the ability to do the forwarding/handling for you. Matter of trust.. ie not fly by night.

User avatar
moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2237
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:53 am
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Re: Broken Digitizer or LCD?

Postby moeyhc » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:31 pm

You may want to post Here to see if any member has a unit to offer.
Common Sense Is Not Common.


Return to “GPS Devices”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests