Garmin 2565(LM)

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
GTIsurfer
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: Garmin 2565(LM)

Postby GTIsurfer » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:23 pm

guys... tks for helps :)

after much research... I've bot the 2565LM today :peace:

ajay
Posts: 387
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:40 am
Location: Bdr Baru Bangi
Contact:

Re: Garmin 2565(LM)

Postby ajay » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:50 am

I am considering this model or 52LM to replace my broken 205w. Any issues with this model? Heard some issues with 52LM.
from Garmin Que for Pocket PC to Garmin Mobile XT for Windows Mobile to Nuvi 205W to Papago M9 for Android & now Garmin Nuvi 2576.

ace
Valued Contributor
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:03 pm

Re: Garmin 2565(LM)

Postby ace » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:07 pm

Don't know about Nuvi52LM.

I'm using the Nuvi2565 (before the LM), and I've no issue with it. You can create trip via the Nuvi, or you create a trip via a gpx file and put it inside Nuvi. :-$

ajay
Posts: 387
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:40 am
Location: Bdr Baru Bangi
Contact:

Re: Garmin 2565(LM)

Postby ajay » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:41 am

ace wrote:Don't know about Nuvi52LM.

I'm using the Nuvi2565 (before the LM), and I've no issue with it. You can create trip via the Nuvi, or you create a trip via a gpx file and put it inside Nuvi. :-$

thanks. i have ordered 2576 instead since the dealer said 2565 discontinued
from Garmin Que for Pocket PC to Garmin Mobile XT for Windows Mobile to Nuvi 205W to Papago M9 for Android & now Garmin Nuvi 2576.

User avatar
eddy_duyung
Contributor
Posts: 369
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:57 am
Location: Tinggi Island,Johore. Garmin Mobile XT,nüvi 50LM,nüvi 880,nüvi 255W,nüvi 2465

Re: Garmin 2565(LM)

Postby eddy_duyung » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:57 pm

ajay wrote:
ace wrote:Don't know about Nuvi52LM.

I'm using the Nuvi2565 (before the LM), and I've no issue with it. You can create trip via the Nuvi, or you create a trip via a gpx file and put it inside Nuvi. :-$

thanks. i have ordered 2576 instead since the dealer said 2565 discontinued



Bro what happen to your 205W??...retired allready ??
Nokia 5800XM , Garmin nüvi 50LM,Garmin nüvi 880,Garmin nüvi 255W,Garmin nüvi 2465

ajay
Posts: 387
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:40 am
Location: Bdr Baru Bangi
Contact:

Re: Garmin 2565(LM)

Postby ajay » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:04 pm

eddy_duyung wrote:
ajay wrote:
ace wrote:Don't know about Nuvi52LM.

I'm using the Nuvi2565 (before the LM), and I've no issue with it. You can create trip via the Nuvi, or you create a trip via a gpx file and put it inside Nuvi. :-$

thanks. i have ordered 2576 instead since the dealer said 2565 discontinued



Bro what happen to your 205W??...retired allready ??

touch screen not respond to touch :cry:
from Garmin Que for Pocket PC to Garmin Mobile XT for Windows Mobile to Nuvi 205W to Papago M9 for Android & now Garmin Nuvi 2576.

User avatar
trony
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:40 am
Location: Selangor (Nuvi 1460/2575R/2565LM)

Re: Garmin 2565(LM)

Postby trony » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:28 am

ajay wrote:
eddy_duyung wrote:
ajay wrote:thanks. i have ordered 2576 instead since the dealer said 2565 discontinued

Bro what happen to your 205W??...retired allready ??

touch screen not respond to touch :cry:

Bought my 2565LM few days back at AECO HQ Cheras, at 1st salesman said already discon but later found few ready stock units, I pick this model for it's lowest features with Trip Planner & external antenna option. \:D/

If you're having strange erratic or poor response touch screen behavior, your unit probably covered by a screen protector film which will disrupt the sensitivity of the touch screen. :)

GTIsurfer
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: Garmin 2565(LM)

Postby GTIsurfer » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:22 pm

I have the following 2 maps on my garmin:
1) CN SGMY NT 2014.10 Malfree ALL
2) CN SGMY NT 2014.10 Here All from Navteq

In order to have the updated MCE on my garmin, I have to disable CN SGMY NT 2014.10 Here All from Navteq.

I would like to check with the sifu here... what do i miss out for not having the Navteq map pls?
One subtle difference I notice is that not all the roads in the MFM map displays road speed limit. (I could be wrong on this)

Another question I have is that when I have 2 or more maps enabled which cover the same geographic area, how does the GPS reconcile these different maps? (eg SGMY NT 2014.10 Malfree ALL and MGM-Garmin 140113)
What map will be displayed on the device please?

Thanks :)

User avatar
silverbeauty
Moderator
Posts: 3521
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Garmin 2565(LM)

Postby silverbeauty » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:28 am

GTIsurfer wrote:I have the following 2 maps on my garmin:
1) CN SGMY NT 2014.10 Malfree ALL
2) CN SGMY NT 2014.10 Here All from Navteq

In order to have the updated MCE on my garmin, I have to disable CN SGMY NT 2014.10 Here All from Navteq.
Yes

I would like to check with the sifu here... what do i miss out for not having the Navteq map pls?
No MCE in Sin, some others as Garmin NT commercial map not as updated as MfM, Full postal code database etc...

One subtle difference I notice is that not all the roads in the MFM map displays road speed limit. (I could be wrong on this)
Community Map so on-going project and to-date data depend on contribution

Another question I have is that when I have 2 or more maps enabled which cover the same geographic area, how does the GPS reconcile these different maps? (eg SGMY NT 2014.10 Malfree ALL and MGM-Garmin 140113)
What map will be displayed on the device please?
You use one map at a time. Information confusion if you enable multiple map
Thanks :)

jchoong
Posts: 291
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: Singapore

Re: Garmin 2565(LM)

Postby jchoong » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:06 am

SilverBeauty - very helpful advice. Thanks. :thumbsup:
Nuvi 2575; 40LM; Nexus 4


Return to “GPS Devices”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests