Garmin 2565(LM)

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Garmin Nuvi 2565LM

Postby silverbeauty » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:00 am

pauche wrote:

Hi thanks for your reply.

1) I read that and installed it that method. I manage to install the first 13 files, but not the 14th due to 'memory full'. Able to advise why it could not write onto the micro SD card?
I don't have a 2565 to authenticate. Backup and remove redundant map and see if it works. My 3790 has these installed. Suggest you call / email Garmin support

2) My Basecamp is v3.3.1. any idea why it can't open some maps?
I don't have a 2565 to authenticate. My 3790 works on both Mapsource and Basecamp. It is a current model. Suggest you call / email Garmin support

3) So they must have missed out the software when they sell me the set!

Thanks nevertheless!

MountainSnake

Postby MountainSnake » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:42 pm

pauche wrote:

Hi thanks for your reply.

1) I read that and installed it that method. I manage to install the first 13 files, but not the 14th due to 'memory full'. Able to advise why it could not write onto the micro SD card?

2) My Basecamp is v3.3.1. any idea why it can't open some maps?

3) So they must have missed out the software when they sell me the set!

Thanks nevertheless!

You can download it the PC recorder tool from the GD10 product page
http://www.garmin.com.sg/products/onthe ... #updateTab

:)

There is also a link to update the recorder firmware too..

pauche

Postby pauche » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:47 pm

Thanks guys! Good day!

yanjinowa

Postby yanjinowa » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:51 pm

Hi Guys, I am new owner of Nuvi 2565LM.
Just got it today.

previous owner of Nuvi 255W.

Nice to meet you all.

Dcky75

Postby Dcky75 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:24 pm

Does anyone know how to disable the speed limit warning tone on the 2565? Thx.

n33d

Postby n33d » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:04 am

Just got my first gps, a 2565LM yesterday..
Build quality is solid.. gps receiver is excellent compared to my slow android phone, it even managed to get few sat locked in my room =D>

but the refresh rate is slow(laggy). I have tried a few simulation and it lag horribly with map details set to normal. should it be like that or my unit is faulty? :cry:

tuah
Champion Tracker
Champion Tracker

Postby tuah » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:21 pm

n33d wrote:Just got my first gps, a 2565LM yesterday..
Build quality is solid.. gps receiver is excellent compared to my slow android phone, it even managed to get few sat locked in my room =D>

but the refresh rate is slow(laggy). I have tried a few simulation and it lag horribly with map details set to normal. should it be like that or my unit is faulty? :cry:

Problem lagi.. ](*,) I think Garmin should continue collaborate with Asus :thumbsup:

n33d

Postby n33d » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:58 pm

tuah wrote:

Problem lagi.. ](*,) I think Garmin should continue collaborate with Asus :thumbsup:

agreed.. their slow hardware is really :ko:
Quite disappointed with the performance.. during simulation with mfm NT map with fastest speed.. it lag every time it entering a turn, sometimes it will hang for around 1 sec or the car will suddenly reverse back the turn and start entering it again.. no joke, i felt dizzy and nausea after following thru the simulation even for 2 minutes..

If it were intended by garmin, then could not understand why this kind of laggy device in year 2012... almost same level with 255w which already released few years back. I thought 2xxx series will have improved processor speed compared to 1xxx series that why i waited until today only bought it, i was wrong.. should be better off buying 50LM or older device which is around rm100++ cheaper while offering the same performance minus some bell and whistle :(

since mine is bought thru online seller, i think i need go to some physical store to check other unit out to determine whether my unit is faulty or not

EDIT:
just now suspected low main memory contributes to lag. so just now risking my unit by deleting others JCV files that comes with it..end up i freed around 600MB.. prior to that, the main memory has only 200MB free (dont know why my unit comes with indo, thai, taiwan map file that are useless to me)... now seems much smoother. Beginning to wondering why.. the smoothness has to do with main memory? I thought it has something to do with the 128Mb RAM more than internal storage memory unless the gps unit caching in the main memory during use... btw , still dizzy ](*,)

cyberian

Postby cyberian » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:32 am

Not sure if others 2565LM user encounter 'view next turn' icon missing. Intermittently the 'view next turn' icon does not appear on my 2565LM. Not sure if is the GPS or map problem. Anyone have this issue?
My GPS - Garmin 255W, Holux 6210+, Garmin 2565LM

hyperhush

Postby hyperhush » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:11 pm

n33d wrote:
tuah wrote:

agreed.. their slow hardware is really :ko:
Quite disappointed with the performance.. during simulation with mfm NT map with fastest speed.. it lag every time it entering a turn, sometimes it will hang for around 1 sec or the car will suddenly reverse back the turn and start entering it again.. no joke, i felt dizzy and nausea after following thru the simulation even for 2 minutes..

If it were intended by garmin, then could not understand why this kind of laggy device in year 2012... almost same level with 255w which already released few years back. I thought 2xxx series will have improved processor speed compared to 1xxx series that why i waited until today only bought it, i was wrong.. should be better off buying 50LM or older device which is around rm100++ cheaper while offering the same performance minus some bell and whistle :(

since mine is bought thru online seller, i think i need go to some physical store to check other unit out to determine whether my unit is faulty or not

EDIT:
just now suspected low main memory contributes to lag. so just now risking my unit by deleting others JCV files that comes with it..end up i freed around 600MB.. prior to that, the main memory has only 200MB free (dont know why my unit comes with indo, thai, taiwan map file that are useless to me)... now seems much smoother. Beginning to wondering why.. the smoothness has to do with main memory? I thought it has something to do with the 128Mb RAM more than internal storage memory unless the gps unit caching in the main memory during use... btw , still dizzy ](*,)

Do you guys encounter the map suddenly gone missing during normal driving condition?

Return to “GPS Devices”