Activating Hidden 1-second Tracklog Function In Nuvi 2xx

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
zuree
Valued Contributor

Re: Activating Hidden Tracklog Function In Nuvi 2xx

Postby zuree » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:06 am

fauzee wrote:thanks a lot to jasonLee and yoladu..wherever you are..who are u..we are fren forever..yesterday i have some problem to patching...this morning just successfully patched.. but still does'n find any Log file into Garmin Folder..maybe i does't create some track..i'll do this latter.. =D> :peace: :champ:

nuvi automatically creates log file in your nuvi drive when you press 'start recording' ...kenapa tak percaya ke? :mrgreen: tapi sayang aku punya nuvi 200w dah semiggu pecah lcd lepas patched 3 hari :cry:

fauzee
Polygon Mapper

Postby fauzee » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:19 pm

Bukan Tak Percaya..but this is reallity..just 10.00am later...i'm going move on with my car..and use this tracklog..when i push start recording..it look like working..but when i press stop..and back to speedometer..can't press start playback..why.. :ko: :ko: ...but now i trying to open Garmin Folder in my PC..but still doesn't find Log File..Should i create manually Log File by myself..or my Nuvi 200W..HWid 0747..design USA,MAde Taiwan don't support logtrack function.. ](*,) ...headache.... ](*,) ](*,)
~Lost Is Nothing~
...PLEASE INSTALL THE LATEST MAPS BEFORE DOIN' SOMETHIN'...

fauzee
Polygon Mapper

Postby fauzee » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:43 pm

just wanna know about tracklog...when i use this facilities..the tracklog will draw the track permanantly in MFM? or must convert to mapsource and transfer to my Devices...somebody plz answer....
~Lost Is Nothing~

nazri14
Valued Contributor

Postby nazri14 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:55 pm

fauzee wrote:just wanna know about tracklog...when i use this facilities..the tracklog will draw the track permanantly in MFM? or must convert to mapsource and transfer to my Devices...somebody plz answer....

no la bro...it will temporary stored in the log folder...it must be converted to view it in mapsource,i suggest u read this thread all over again..then u get the idea... savvy..???:thumbsup:
Asus P320 (Garmin Mobile XT)
Nuvi 200 (patched)
Iphone 4 (Papago 8.2)

chee_loong
Contributor

Postby chee_loong » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:58 pm

fauzee wrote:Bukan Tak Percaya..but this is reallity..just 10.00am later...i'm going move on with my car..and use this tracklog..when i push start recording..it look like working..but when i press stop..and back to speedometer..can't press start playback..why.. :ko: :ko: ...but now i trying to open Garmin Folder in my PC..but still doesn't find Log File..Should i create manually Log File by myself..or my Nuvi 200W..HWid 0747..design USA,MAde Taiwan don't support logtrack function.. ](*,) ...headache.... ](*,) ](*,)

Hi Fauzee,

You can't start playback and you need mapsource and wNutrak to covert the log. You should open Garmin folder in your garmin unit but not Garmin folder in your PC. Try refer below link for how to convert the track log to PC:
viewtopic.php?p=17461#p17461
Regards,
Chee Loong (Nuvi 1350)

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Postby JasonLee » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:53 pm

fauzee wrote:Bukan Tak Percaya..but this is reallity..just 10.00am later...i'm going move on with my car..and use this tracklog..when i push start recording..it look like working..but when i press stop..and back to speedometer..can't press start playback..why.. :ko: :ko: ...but now i trying to open Garmin Folder in my PC..but still doesn't find Log File..Should i create manually Log File by myself..or my Nuvi 200W..HWid 0747..design USA,MAde Taiwan don't support logtrack function.. ](*,) ...headache.... ](*,) ](*,)

Hi Bro Fauzee,

I am just about to convert the track log I recorded this morning so I shall show you screen shots of the process.

Now what concerns me is what your real HWID is. Earlier, you posted that you had a Garmin Nuvi 200w HWID 0737 V4.0 and successfully applied the patch which is great. Now you say that you HWID is 0747. Is this a typo or your real HWID? If so, there is no patch available for HWID 0747 so you should not try to patch.

If you have successfully patched, with your GPS connected to your PC, you should see this in your Windows Explorer:
Logs Folder.jpg

Next, you should run wNutrak.exe and point to your track log folder (20090216_233445 in my case) as the input file. I prefer to move it to my PC to work and after clicking on the 'Convert' button, this is the result:
converted file.jpg

Now, if you look into your destination folder, you will see a gpx file with almost the same name as the track log folder (mine is 20090216_233500.gpx) The name is automatically generated but the first block of numbers is the date. Although I recorded the track this morning 20090217, the program must have picked up the GMT time from the file (which is still 20090216).

Now open this gpx file with your MapSource and this is what you will see:
Track log in MapSource.jpg

If your HWID is not 0737 and you have not properly patched your unit, then the above will not work for you. It may explain why it won't playback your 'recorded' track. The playback is exactly like the GPS Simulator except that the route taken, the speed and time you stopped etc., are all exactly as it happened earlier like a video recording of your navigation screen.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lean not on your own understanding

nazri14
Valued Contributor

Postby nazri14 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:48 pm

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: gud guide JasonLee.... :peace: =D> =D>
Asus P320 (Garmin Mobile XT)
Nuvi 200 (patched)
Iphone 4 (Papago 8.2)

fauzee
Polygon Mapper

Postby fauzee » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:18 pm

sorry..my nuvi actually 200w HWID 0737 V4.0..i forgot..o.k..now i just see the folder that u mention when i try creating many road by this hothotday...so next step when i converting to gpx file..should i use poi loader to loaded this .gpx to my nuvi... :ko: ..n my MFM will permanently draw the new track that i created daytime....is that correct way should i do..
~Lost Is Nothing~

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Postby JasonLee » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:29 pm

fauzee wrote:sorry..my nuvi actually 200w HWID 0737 V4.0..i forgot..o.k..now i just see the folder that u mention when i try creating many road by this hothotday...so next step when i converting to gpx file..should i use poi loader to loaded this .gpx to my nuvi... :ko: ..n my MFM will permanently draw the new track that i created daytime....is that correct way should i do..

Please read my procedure again VERY CAREFULLY HERE.

After you have converted the track log binary fines to gpx, you don't load it back into your GPS. Your GPS will not show the trace of your track nor will your track be permanently embedded in your MFM map. You won't even know that the track is there.

The only way to see it is to open the gpx file in MapSource. Then you can change the track properties to give it a more meaningful name and save it as a gdb file in your PC. You can only see your tracks in your PC. You can of course submit the gdb files as your contribution to the mapping effort.
Lean not on your own understanding

fauzee
Polygon Mapper

Postby fauzee » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:09 am

thanks bro..now i'm understand what i must doing with this facilities...anyone thanks for share your knowledge...cheers... =D> :-'
~Lost Is Nothing~

Return to “GPS Devices”