Activating Hidden 1-second Tracklog Function In Nuvi 2xx

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Re: Activating Hidden 1-second Tracklog Function In Nuvi 2xx

Postby JasonLee » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:18 pm

Hi Bro Fauzee,

My friend offered 3 reasons that he can think of for your problem:

human factor
virus
firmware goes mad

Not sure whether or not he is joking.

I have sent him your GarminDevice.xml file but I doubt he can get any better answer from there.

I would suggest that you do the following:

1. Use the g7towin method I described earlier to conclusively establish your HWID.

2. Check again your unit internal memory for \Garmin\GUPDATE.GCD and delete it if found. Make sure your Windows Explorer displays hidden files just in case the file is hidden

3. Delete both the 006B068000.GCD and the 006B047800.bin files in your Garmin/RemoteSW folder as they are chipset update files and can be deleted.

4. If your HWID is established to be really 0737 or 0835, try installing the correct patch for your HWID again.

My personal view is that for the error message of "no updates available", you have either run the wrong patch for your HWID as in Bro Ahyan77's case or you have run Webupdater instead and since your FW is v4.00, of course there are no newer updates available. In this latter case, \Garmin\GUPDATE.GCD must still be available in your unit for Webupdater to respond with this message.

Good luck. Will let you know if I should hear any further news from my friend. So far, you are the only one who succeeded in patching then later lose the feature the patch activated - sorry.
Lean not on your own understanding

fauzee
Polygon Mapper

Postby fauzee » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:59 pm

JasonLee wrote:Hi Bro Fauzee,

My friend offered 3 reasons that he can think of for your problem:

human factor
virus
firmware goes mad

Not sure whether or not he is joking.

I have sent him your GarminDevice.xml file but I doubt he can get any better answer from there.

I would suggest that you do the following:

1. Use the g7towin method I described earlier to conclusively establish your HWID.

2. Check again your unit internal memory for \Garmin\GUPDATE.GCD and delete it if found. Make sure your Windows Explorer displays hidden files just in case the file is hidden

3. Delete both the 006B068000.GCD and the 006B047800.bin files in your Garmin/RemoteSW folder as they are chipset update files and can be deleted.

4. If your HWID is established to be really 0737 or 0835, try installing the correct patch for your HWID again.

My personal view is that for the error message of "no updates available", you have either run the wrong patch for your HWID as in Bro Ahyan77's case or you have run Webupdater instead and since your FW is v4.00, of course there are no newer updates available. In this latter case, \Garmin\GUPDATE.GCD must still be available in your unit for Webupdater to respond with this message.

Good luck. Will let you know if I should hear any further news from my friend. So far, you are the only one who succeeded in patching then later lose the feature the patch activated - sorry.

thanks bro..i'll do all of this...but i never hear about 'g7towin method'..can u explain or give me the software.. :ko:
~Lost Is Nothing~
...PLEASE INSTALL THE LATEST MAPS BEFORE DOIN' SOMETHIN'...

fauzee
Polygon Mapper

Postby fauzee » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:55 pm

hei jason..i did it..my nuvis can do tracking again..wonderful..thanks..i just follow your instruction..1. suspected virus..i do scanning...2. search for GUPDATE.GCD, but still not found and then try to Delete both the 006B068000.GCD and the 006B047800.bin files in my Garmin/RemoteSW folder as they are chipset update files and can be deleted. 3. try installing the correct patch for HWID 737 again...it work.. :peace: :peace: now i'm afaid to delete all sub-folder in logs folder coz of problem tracking can happen again...anyway thanks alot for anybody..the lessoning just begin...
~Lost Is Nothing~
...PLEASE INSTALL THE LATEST MAPS BEFORE DOIN' SOMETHIN'...

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Postby JasonLee » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:15 am

Hej Bro Fauzee,

I am happy for you. :good:
Lean not on your own understanding

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:09 am

Guys, bro JasonLee has prepared a new guide at our Library forum. Please continue your questions and discussions at the new topic. This topic will be locked.

Return to “GPS Devices”