Garmin 2575R Sg/My

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Re: Garmin 2575R Sg/My

Postby moeyhc » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:25 pm

I bought mine during the MfM/Garmin offer. I have since got a complete set replacement unit when the 1st unit hangs during recording. If your set is from Aeco do seek their advice... Cheers!
Common Sense Is Not Common.

trony

Postby trony » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:07 pm

trony wrote:
silverbeauty wrote:No harm writing an email to Garmin Taiwan support and plea your case. See what they say

Email service.tw@garmin.com
Good idea silverbeauty, I will do that & reports back the reply, thanks!
One week already & still no reply :frus:, I shoot another one to marketing.asia@garmin.com, this time with 2 more problems:

No.1
Every time when I attach the mount, the direction pointer will freeze on both navigation & map view regardless of which map selected, the pointer will not move even though I move or rotate the unit, the following are details of this problem.

Battery mode without mount:
= no problem

Mount attached without AC or Car adapter:
a) freezes
b) power off & on back still same
c) ok when remove mount
d) freezes again when re attach mount

Mount attached with AC or Car adapter power:
a) freezes
b) quick power off & on back still freeze
c) power off reset hold 10 sec & on back become ok
d) quick power off & on back still ok
e) main power (AC or car) off & on back freezes again
f) power off reset hold 10 sec & on back become ok

No.2
In TV viewing mode:
a) with full screen content without top & bottom black bars, a few lines of picture's bottom part are appearing at the top of the screen.
b) when signal has very bright content, picture & sound became noisy & distorted.

Any one having these same issues here? 8-)

nalvinj

Postby nalvinj » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:24 am

Hi there,

Just registered to this forum. Just let me give a brief intro on myself if that is allowed. From Bintulu, Sarawak here and been using the Garmin 2575R since last year when I got it from Miri. Was driving from Bintulu to Miri using my old GPS Bay from Citibank and it suddenly broke down while driving around Miri town. Dropped by the mall and got this unit and had been using it daily for recording purpose in case of accidents and for navigation when driving from Bintulu-Miri-Bintulu also Bintulu-Kuching-Bintulu.

Planning to connect it to my rear camera to show dual view front and back (waiting for budget to buy one rear camera) in near future.

:rox:

tlchuan
Polygon Mapper
Location: Subang Jaya (x10 & Oregon 300)Garmin 255w sgmy, 2575RLM, Wayway 5035

Postby tlchuan » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:40 am

These unit did not support dual view, you can only use 1 view at a time :thumbsdown:

nalvinj

Postby nalvinj » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:56 am

tlchuan wrote:These unit did not support dual view, you can only use 1 view at a time :thumbsdown:

Really? :cry: I was been told it can ](*,)

tlchuan
Polygon Mapper
Location: Subang Jaya (x10 & Oregon 300)Garmin 255w sgmy, 2575RLM, Wayway 5035

Postby tlchuan » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:31 pm

nüvi® 2575RLM Sing/Mal Unit Software v7.20 2013/06/11

http://download.garmin.com/sg/download/ ... G_v720.exe

Change History
Supported Advance Highway mode.
Disabled Exit search.
Fixed JCV display issue.
Fixed the issue where "Call" would show as an option when actually no phone number showing in POI with Bluetooth connected.

gpsnerd
Contributor

Postby gpsnerd » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:37 pm

hows the TV reception while vehicle in motion?
User of 205 / 205W
Currently using 255W and 205W, 4592 LM

Nay Win
Contributor

Postby Nay Win » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:39 pm

Sing/Mal Unit Software v7.20 2013/06/11

Change History
Disabled Exit search.
Fixed JCV display issue.

For 2565 LM,
Not sure meaning of "Fixed JCV Display Issue" by Garmin.
Now it shows all exit infos (all exit road names along the road)even at normal display occupying space of Junction View area which makes map smaller for long time. If route is selected, it appears until next available junction view picture displays. :-?
It is same as meaning of "Supported Advance Highway Mode"?

To me, it is totally annoying. :frus:

trony

Postby trony » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:51 pm

Hi guys,
I'm back to report Garmin's reply to my problems, being bz for the past few months. :ko: :zzz:

GDR10 overheat
Garmin said my unit's warranty was expired, so no free replacement & ask me to send it to AECO for checking or repair, they ignored & no comment on all my quoting regarding numerous GDR10 problems in this topic here & out there on the net, typical for large corp to keep quiet on their product screw ups.

Direction pointer freezes
Garmin tech advised to do master reset, done that & still the same.

TV mode poor sound & picture
No answer from Garmin.

Well my sister can live without the GDR10, next she ask me to update her 1460 as well, that's when I noticed it has same symptom of direction pointer freezes as 2575R, but it has no problem when using it in a moving car, the pointer/map only freezes when slow moving/walking or rotate on the spot.

I then test the 2575R with the mount attached & pointer/map freezes, it shows the same symptoms, ok in a fast moving car but freezes (may be very slow refresh?) when slow moving/walking or rotate on the spot, if I remove the mount now, the pointer/map will refresh & moves in realtime regardless fast slow moving or rotate on the spot.

So far 2575R is my 1st experience with GPS unit & 1460 is my 2nd, so my question are:
a) is it normal behavior that GPS unit's (those without compass) pointer/map only refreshes when there is fast position changes of greater than certain distance?

b) is it possible that the built in compass in the 2575R enable it to show realtime pointer/map refresh such as on the spot rotation?

Any sifu here can share your experience on GPS unit with/without compass? :prayer:

trony

Postby trony » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:02 pm

gpsnerd wrote:hows the TV reception while vehicle in motion?
Guaranteed poor. 8-)
Nay Win wrote:Sing/Mal Unit Software v7.20 2013/06/11

Change History
Disabled Exit search.
Fixed JCV display issue.

For 2565 LM,
Not sure meaning of "Fixed JCV Display Issue" by Garmin.
Now it shows all exit infos (all exit road names along the road)even at normal display occupying space of Junction View area which makes map smaller for long time. If route is selected, it appears until next available junction view picture displays. :-?
It is same as meaning of "Supported Advance Highway Mode"?

To me, it is totally annoying. :frus:
Advance Highway Mode = you can tap on any of the exit point to pop up a details message, only good for showing long location name.

Advance Highway Mode = you can't tap off the exit point boxes anymore as before.

Return to “GPS Devices”