Garmin 2575R Sg/My

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
deapenidra
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:45 am

Re: Garmin 2575R Sg/My

Postby deapenidra » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:14 am

Hi all,

I'm new in the forum and first time GPS user. I just bought 2575R at last IT Show and am happy with it.

So far the unit performs well as expected. The voice command really helps, although some pronounciation on local street can be odd. But most of the time the unit understands your command if you speak clearly and without any background noise eg. music, someone else's voice etc.

The camera records in 720p HD (Class6 microSDHC memory card required). I was told using 16GB Class10 would be even better. It comes with 8GB Class4 so it records in standard definition. The camera records automatically once the unit is on. It records date, time, your position coordinates and speed. It provides a solid evidence should anything happened. Please note that it's a driving recorder, not a surveillence camera.

The reverse monitor functions flawlessly with my existing reverse camera. It switches to the reverse camera automatically once I engage reverse gear. The resolution depends on your camera.

The unit is equipped with analogue TV receiver. It's just a bonus, really. Nothing great to shout about but nice to have. And please dont say, "How could you watch TV while driving?" You're not supposed to even use your handphone in that matter, right? Anyway, it scans the channels automatically everytime you use this function because it does not save the preset channels.

That's about all for now, since I just have it for a few days... :D

Anyway, is there any MFM updates I can add on to the device?

Thanks :D

User avatar
gpsnerd
Contributor
Posts: 1369
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:49 pm
Location: SG, Nuvi 205W, 255W

Re: Garmin 2575R Sg/My

Postby gpsnerd » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:22 pm

deapenidra wrote:Hi all,

I'm new in the forum and first time GPS user. I just bought 2575R at last IT Show and am happy with it.

So far the unit performs well as expected. The voice command really helps, although some pronounciation on local street can be odd. But most of the time the unit understands your command if you speak clearly and without any background noise eg. music, someone else's voice etc.

The camera records in 720p HD (Class6 microSDHC memory card required). I was told using 16GB Class10 would be even better. It comes with 8GB Class4 so it records in standard definition. The camera records automatically once the unit is on. It records date, time, your position coordinates and speed. It provides a solid evidence should anything happened. Please note that it's a driving recorder, not a surveillence camera.

The reverse monitor functions flawlessly with my existing reverse camera. It switches to the reverse camera automatically once I engage reverse gear. The resolution depends on your camera.

The unit is equipped with analogue TV receiver. It's just a bonus, really. Nothing great to shout about but nice to have. And please dont say, "How could you watch TV while driving?" You're not supposed to even use your handphone in that matter, right? Anyway, it scans the channels automatically everytime you use this function because it does not save the preset channels.

That's about all for now, since I just have it for a few days... :D

Anyway, is there any MFM updates I can add on to the device?

Thanks :D

Bro, does it record while navigating or it only works with one function, record or navigate at any one time?

Does it over write previous recording after memory card is full??
User of 205 / 205W
Currently using 255W and 205W

deapenidra
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:45 am

Re: Garmin 2575R Sg/My

Postby deapenidra » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:12 am

gpsnerd wrote:
deapenidra wrote:Hi all,

I'm new in the forum and first time GPS user. I just bought 2575R at last IT Show and am happy with it.

So far the unit performs well as expected. The voice command really helps, although some pronounciation on local street can be odd. But most of the time the unit understands your command if you speak clearly and without any background noise eg. music, someone else's voice etc.

The camera records in 720p HD (Class6 microSDHC memory card required). I was told using 16GB Class10 would be even better. It comes with 8GB Class4 so it records in standard definition. The camera records automatically once the unit is on. It records date, time, your position coordinates and speed. It provides a solid evidence should anything happened. Please note that it's a driving recorder, not a surveillence camera.

The reverse monitor functions flawlessly with my existing reverse camera. It switches to the reverse camera automatically once I engage reverse gear. The resolution depends on your camera.

The unit is equipped with analogue TV receiver. It's just a bonus, really. Nothing great to shout about but nice to have. And please dont say, "How could you watch TV while driving?" You're not supposed to even use your handphone in that matter, right? Anyway, it scans the channels automatically everytime you use this function because it does not save the preset channels.

That's about all for now, since I just have it for a few days... :D

Anyway, is there any MFM updates I can add on to the device?

Thanks :D

Bro, does it record while navigating or it only works with one function, record or navigate at any one time?

Does it over write previous recording after memory card is full??


Hi Bro.

It does both at the same time. It is auto record by default once the power is on.

Yes it does overwrite the oldest file once the memory card is full. The video is recorded in files with around 250MB each.

carnary
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: Garmin 2575R Sg/My

Postby carnary » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:42 pm

deapenidra wrote:
gpsnerd wrote:
deapenidra wrote:Hi all,

I'm new in the forum and first time GPS user. I just bought 2575R at last IT Show and am happy with it.

So far the unit performs well as expected. The voice command really helps, although some pronounciation on local street can be odd. But most of the time the unit understands your command if you speak clearly and without any background noise eg. music, someone else's voice etc.

The camera records in 720p HD (Class6 microSDHC memory card required). I was told using 16GB Class10 would be even better. It comes with 8GB Class4 so it records in standard definition. The camera records automatically once the unit is on. It records date, time, your position coordinates and speed. It provides a solid evidence should anything happened. Please note that it's a driving recorder, not a surveillence camera.

The reverse monitor functions flawlessly with my existing reverse camera. It switches to the reverse camera automatically once I engage reverse gear. The resolution depends on your camera.

The unit is equipped with analogue TV receiver. It's just a bonus, really. Nothing great to shout about but nice to have. And please dont say, "How could you watch TV while driving?" You're not supposed to even use your handphone in that matter, right? Anyway, it scans the channels automatically everytime you use this function because it does not save the preset channels.

That's about all for now, since I just have it for a few days... :D

Anyway, is there any MFM updates I can add on to the device?

Thanks :D

Bro, does it record while navigating or it only works with one function, record or navigate at any one time?

Does it over write previous recording after memory card is full??


Hi Bro.

It does both at the same time. It is auto record by default once the power is on.

Yes it does overwrite the oldest file once the memory card is full. The video is recorded in files with around 250MB each.


very interesting but I want to know whether the map MFM can be used and no one has tried it ... please comment. If ok I will buy one.

User avatar
gpsnerd
Contributor
Posts: 1369
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:49 pm
Location: SG, Nuvi 205W, 255W

Re: Garmin 2575R Sg/My

Postby gpsnerd » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:03 pm


very interesting but I want to know whether the map MFM can be used and no one has tried it ... please comment. If ok I will buy one.



too new too ex
User of 205 / 205W
Currently using 255W and 205W

User avatar
silverbeauty
Moderator
Posts: 3526
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Garmin 2575R Sg/My

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:23 pm

carnary wrote:
very interesting but I want to know whether the map MFM can be used and no one has tried it ... please comment. If ok I will buy one.



It really depends on your usage pattern and how deep your pocket is.

The camera is a "nice to have" feature, especially for tracking and a log of your travels which could be helpful in the case of an accident
I guess one advantage of a separate camera and with a longer cable ... is that you can aim it independent of the GPS ... maybe monitor your kids at rear :mrgreen:

The analog TV for your mobile needs wherever you are... :-k can't figure out the market logic in the Nuvi as its battery life is already bad and you cannot legally use it for driver :-?

iggi3z
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:14 am

Re: Garmin 2575R Sg/My

Postby iggi3z » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:10 pm

Hey guys,

Just bought a new 2575R.. Loving it so far. However, i discovered a minor/irritating issue which i accidentally solved while messing with it for the past 2hours.

Basically, when you load multiple maps in myMaps, during ur selection where you check and uncheck your maps.. The newly selected maps does not refresh under View Maps and topo view.. Sometimes it takes many hard reboot to get the map to refresh..

The WORKAROUND is to do this.

After selecting (checking) and unchecking the maps you want to select and deselect..
Simply goto the View map and press anywhere to enter Top view.. Then simply ZOOM OUT AND ZOOM IN all the way.. (hold the button) and the map will refresh!

Don't know if this problem is inherent to 2575R..

Cheers!

Hope it helps

malmad
Valued Contributor
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:58 pm

Re: Garmin 2575R Sg/My

Postby malmad » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:35 pm

I just bought Nuvi 2575r. It looks like it does not work with MFM maps. I am not able to view the map when I select MFM map. I have tried the method used by Bro iggi3z, ie. to zoom in and out all the way to the max, but still unable to view the map. The screen only show my favourite poi. Anybody have any idea how to resolve this? Thx

User avatar
silverbeauty
Moderator
Posts: 3526
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Garmin 2575R Sg/My

Postby silverbeauty » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:41 pm

malmad wrote:I just bought Nuvi 2575r. It looks like it does not work with MFM maps. I am not able to view the map when I select MFM map. I have tried the method used by Bro iggi3z, ie. to zoom in and out all the way to the max, but still unable to view the map. The screen only show my favourite poi. Anybody have any idea how to resolve this? Thx



When running the MFM executable file to generate map, select remove polygons.

User avatar
cflai
Valued Contributor
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:42 am
Location: Seremban (NUVI760 GPSMAP60CSX DOPODU1000 NUVI265WT NUVI1460)

Re: Garmin 2575R Sg/My

Postby cflai » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:21 pm

Hi

I seem to face the same problems as the 2575R.....

I have 3 units of 2565 to play with for the time being. Loaded 3 MFM maps included the latest 2011-07-04 in various configurations.... custom lah, 1460 version lah, polygon etc etc lah. Not a single configuration shows the MFM roads once it is zoomed up past 800m to 500m. No roads, only some polygons squares (blocks) come out. At 500m some POIs come out but after that only orange polygons.

Can any sifus give me some definite answers why this is so??

I also have a 2465 to play with and I will try later to see if the same problem persists....

Kamsiah!


Return to “GPS Devices”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests