Edge Series

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
pohloong

Re: Edge Series

Postby pohloong » Thu May 12, 2011 2:52 am

anyone got an Edge800 that can help me on using the unit? I tried downloading and garmin unlock code key in the unl file, then copying the unl and img file into my Garmin directory. But it says Cannot Unlock Maps.

Anyone can assist?

dunkgrease

Buying Garmin Edge

Postby dunkgrease » Wed May 25, 2011 10:14 am

I am new to using GPS and want to buy a Garmin Edge device for use on my bike. Does anyone know where I can buy one in Singapore?

Thanks

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Buying Garmin Edge

Postby silverbeauty » Wed May 25, 2011 11:56 am

dunkgrease wrote:I am new to using GPS and want to buy a Garmin Edge device for use on my bike. Does anyone know where I can buy one in Singapore?

Thanks

Try Perfect Watch@Sim Lim Square #01-36

dunkgrease

Postby dunkgrease » Wed May 25, 2011 12:21 pm

Thanks a lot. Will look 'em up.

Cheers.

simseair
Valued Contributor

Postby simseair » Wed May 25, 2011 10:57 pm

The other one is Allbright at Textile Centre.

camsaw

Postby camsaw » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:06 pm

Hi all,
Does anyone having Taiwan version of Garmin Edge 705 running on MalFreeMaps??? As I have a friend from taiwan would like to sell me his unit with cheaper price.

I've seen ppl using MalFreeMaps with Edge 705 in this forum. But not sure if Taiwan version 705 works with it. As in some taiwan website states Taiwan Edge 705 does NOT support official garmin maps out of taiwan. Confused...

thanks guys! =D>

JJ007
Valued Contributor

Re: Edge 800, bike trials

Postby JJ007 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:21 am

oh, this tread is drying .... so little posts

just got my Edge 800 during my recent trip to Taiwan. So it is a Taiwan version, got it cheap compared to local set (400+ SGD with the 3+ version, except dont have power meter, not important for me)

it preloaded with Taiwan topo map. so for some of the early questions (although they were more to Edge 705, but guess similar), yes, MFM map no problem, English no problem also. like other handheld or newer nuvi, it support multiple map with img extention (not necessary stick to gmapsupp, gmapprom ...)

it is a nice cycling computer, had it mounted on my Gaint MTB. Have not been off road yet but just on road riding.

Any recommend bike trials in Singapore to start with?
Device : Edge 800, Nuvi 1460 SG/My, Oregon 300
EPL : Man United Rocks !

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Edge 800, bike trials

Postby silverbeauty » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:42 am

JJ007 wrote:oh, this tread is drying .... so little posts

just got my Edge 800 during my recent trip to Taiwan. So it is a Taiwan version, got it cheap compared to local set (400+ SGD with the 3+ version, except dont have power meter, not important for me)

it preloaded with Taiwan topo map. so for some of the early questions (although they were more to Edge 705, but guess similar), yes, MFM map no problem, English no problem also. like other handheld or newer nuvi, it support multiple map with img extention (not necessary stick to gmapsupp, gmapprom ...)

it is a nice cycling computer, had it mounted on my Gaint MTB. Have not been off road yet but just on road riding.

Any recommend bike trials in Singapore to start with?

Bro JJ007, long time no hear. Join us for kopi next time. :thumbsup:

How much did you pay for your bike ? Looking for one

For bike trails in Sin, try the Bishan one.

Here is a blog about it http://lekowala.wordpress.com/2011/12/1 ... side-park/

JJ007
Valued Contributor

Postby JJ007 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:14 pm

Hi SB, how's life? have been busy lately, sure have coffee next GG

I 'imported' the Giant XtC 2012 version MTB from Taiwan 8-) . about SGD 1k with good Shimano gearing system and hydraulic disc breaks :thumbsup: , believe is a good buy as my bro-in-law got the similar one (2011 version for almost 1.6kSGD). by sea and due to festive season, it took a month to reach, that was the set back (sorry OT liau, too excited on my new toy)

thanks for the recommendation and link, will try.

attached my bike with Edge 800, top hanging at my balcony to save space. kerna complaining since day 1 :frus:
20120119_210746.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Device : Edge 800, Nuvi 1460 SG/My, Oregon 300
EPL : Man United Rocks !

reymund77

Postby reymund77 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:20 pm

Bought a Edge 810XT in Singapore loaded with Sin + Malaysia map...

Any idea of a good thailand map I can use here? Planning to mount the edge on motorbike and ride up to Thailand / Hatyai this long weekend 8th Aug...your help is appreciated....downloaded Open Street Maps but not detailed enough and worry to use it cos can't find my hotel in Sadao and Hatyai with that map....

Return to “GPS Devices”