Garmin Nuvi 2465

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
yoladu
Valued Contributor

Re: Garmin Nuvi 2465

Postby yoladu » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:15 pm

sobamy wrote:
tympg wrote:[snip]...I had a few instances of sudden shutdown-restarts....[snip]

This appears to be inherent with Nuvis, even with the 2xx series... :-?

This also happened to my Nuvi2360 but I thought it was a loose connection.
Contribute exclusively to MFM. MSM don't get it !

spy13

Postby spy13 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:28 am

benson208 wrote:
spy13 wrote:Excluding the polygons don't help. What I have discovered is that if you zoom in and out, you'll get back the map. But you have no way to know when the map is going to disappear when you are driving, so zooming in and out might be a bit risky.

Agreed on the lock in speed - very fast indeed, within 5-10 seconds, and complete road address and coordinates given.

U try exclude the polygon & tick custom when generated the gmapsupp maps.
Don't choose full.

I think it can solve the problem. My friends use 3790 also have this problem. After tick exclude polygon & custom. The problem is solve. Maybe 2465 is same.

Tried already, but problem still remains. I notice this happens when zooming in. At some point in the zoom-in, the map will disappear. Then all you need to do is zoom-out one step and you'll get back the map. Of course this can't be done while driving! I'll just have to live with it until Garmin comes up with a patch, hopefully. Since this happens only on mfm maps and not msm maps, it might take a long time for this issue to be addressed. With the nu2465, each map has it's own problems. I finally have to agree with my wife that: "You cannot rely on the Garmin all the time one. You have to look where you are going and have some sense of direction." *sigh* How humiliating to be proven wrong about the reliability of technology. :oops:

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:03 am

spy13 wrote:
Tried already, but problem still remains. I notice this happens when zooming in. At some point in the zoom-in, the map will disappear. Then all you need to do is zoom-out one step and you'll get back the map. Of course this can't be done while driving! I'll just have to live with it until Garmin comes up with a patch, hopefully. Since this happens only on mfm maps and not msm maps, it might take a long time for this issue to be addressed. With the nu2465, each map has it's own problems. I finally have to agree with my wife that: "You cannot rely on the Garmin all the time one. You have to look where you are going and have some sense of direction." *sigh* How humiliating to be proven wrong about the reliability of technology. :oops:

Did u unselect the Apac-Dem and 3D Landmark in the myMaps menu leaving ONLY MFM active ?

mustang7071

Postby mustang7071 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:09 am

+1 for disappearing roads on Nuvi 2465.

I will try the "exclude polygon + custom" hint and report back.

I have only MFM Maps and 2 MFM POIs selected and both City NT/MSM NT are deselected.

Does anyone have an MFM+2465 configuration that is working - no roads disappearing during nav?
Can you tell me what options you use in generating gmapsupp.img?
Did you use MapSource to upload or MFM generator?

Tks.
Holux GPSmile62 / PAPAGO! X3 v1.31.11
Garmin nüvi 200 /

spy13

Postby spy13 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:08 am

silverbeauty wrote:Did u unselect the Apac-Dem and 3D Landmark in the myMaps menu leaving ONLY MFM active ?

Apac-Dem and 3D Landmark?. I don't have these options in myMaps menu la..

yoladu
Valued Contributor

Postby yoladu » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:23 am

mustang7071 wrote:Does anyone have an MFM+2465 configuration that is working - no roads disappearing during nav?

viewtopic.php?p=133537#p133537

mustang7071 wrote:Did you use MapSource to upload or MFM generator?

No. After the gmapsupp.img has been generated, I manually transfer it from my PC to the Map Folder in the SDCard.

Redstorm
Contributor

Postby Redstorm » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:41 pm

mustang7071 wrote:+1 for disappearing roads on Nuvi 2465.

I will try the "exclude polygon + custom" hint and report back.

I have only MFM Maps and 2 MFM POIs selected and both City NT/MSM NT are deselected.

Does anyone have an MFM+2465 configuration that is working - no roads disappearing during nav?
Can you tell me what options you use in generating gmapsupp.img?
Did you use MapSource to upload or MFM generator?

Tks.

Just to weigh in on the somewhat similar problems I encountered with the 2465, which I bought in Sg on the first day of its release in the market. It came with the Garmin CN and MSM NT maps preloaded. I loaded the MFM map and started encountering some of the problems described by you guys here. With the MFM, the first thing I noticed is that simulating any route using eitherGarmin CN or MSM NT map is affected as the car icon keeps rotating round and round and never seem to be able to move along the selected route. I resolved the problem thru trial and errors, by deleting one map at a time, to see what was affecting the simulation problem. Without the MFM map, the simulation on both Garmin CN and MSM NT maps seem to work well without the problem described earlier.

With the MFM map installed, problem like route disappearing happened not only to MFM map but also the MSM NT map. By removing the MFM map, using either the Garmin CN or MSM NT map, there has not been any problem of disappearing route when used either in SG or MY. So, the view by some a few that Garmin or MSM produced lousy map which disappeared during navigation does not hold any water, if my own "tinkering" is anything to go by. My own conclusion is that this model seem to have some sort of conflict when used with any third party map (using cgpsmapper compiler). Even the inclusion of Jerome Wee's map, which is also considered a third party map, also produced the same problem. I have highlighted this problem, when used with third party map, to Garmin Twn, thru our local distributor, and hopefully they will rectify the problem with a new firmware update.
Free beer tomorrow!ImageImage

yoladu
Valued Contributor

Postby yoladu » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:02 pm

Redstorm wrote: My own conclusion is that this model seem to have some sort of conflict when used with any third party map (using cgpsmapper compiler).

Just to share.

Mine is a Nuvi 2350 from US and it has been loaded with both MFM, and MSM but only checked MFM. I have never encountered those problems such as routing or disappearing roads...etc.

Furthermore I have also Jerome's map of the Singapore Straits loaded, and everything is still ok.

tiensheng
Valued Contributor

Postby tiensheng » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:31 pm

sharing with u guys :) Free pedestrian & public transport navigation from Garmin®

Free pedestrian & public transport navigation from Garmin®

Singapore/ June 1, 2011 - Garmin Corporation, a unit of Garmin Ltd., the global leader in satellite navigation, announced with summer around the corner and bright sunshine in the sky, sometimes it makes sense to walk instead of getting in your car. Avoiding the jams and crowds by taking shortcuts through green parks, jumping on buses or tubes and strolling through picturesque pedestrian zones, cityXplorer™ can be quicker and more pleasant than driving. If you’re visiting a new city for work, a short break or long summer holiday it is even more important that you can find your way around without always relying on the car.

That’s why this summer Garmin is offering a free cityXplorer™ map, for pedestrian navigation, including information such as when and where to catch buses and tubes*, for customers buying a compatible Garmin GPS from June 1st – September 30th 2011.

cityXplorer™ maps give you the confidence to navigate your way around an unfamiliar city and travel like a local. The enhanced pedestrian mode gives you walking directions including footpaths and shortcuts – places you wouldn’t be accessing while in your car. They also tell you bus and train connections, and give you public transport timetables to help avoid long waits (dependent on the city).

If you’re not sure whether it’s quicker for you to travel with or without your car, cityXplorer™ can provide an estimated time of arrival. If you’re somewhere unfamiliar, on holiday or for business, cityXplorer™ can be invaluable, helping you choose the best method of transport for you.

cityXplorer™ maps are available for cities in Europe, North America and around the world and are easy to download from Garmin’s website.

If you want to make the most of the summer and get out in the fresh air, you can rely on cityXplorer™ to guide you to your destination, however you travel. With the city of your choice in the palm of your hand, you will always know where you’re going.

NOTES

cityXplorer™ compatible products: nüvi® 3790V SG/MY, 2465 SG/MY, 2565 SG/MY, 2575R SG/MY Garmin GPS.

Advanced cityXplorer™ mapping provided by NAVTEQ.

Rules
• A customer owning a cityXplorer™ compatible nüvi device after registering his device will be entitled to a free cityXplorer™ map download.
• The user will select a city of his choice from the list of available worldwide cityXplorer™ coverage. For a list of cities available see
• As long as users register between the 1st June and the 30th September 2011, they will be able to download their free cityXplorer™ map.
Promotion ends 30th September 2011. Customers who register after 30th September are not entitled to the free cityXplorer™ map.

Redemption process
Consumer redemption process:
• Eligibility between purchase dates and registering product on myGarmin
• Immediate and easy redemption and download to device
• Selection for one (1) cityXplorer™ city download necessary
• Only one (1) cityXplorer™ download for each eligible device

*varies depending on city chosen

Additional product information is available at http://www.garmin.com.sg

http://www.garmin.com.sg/news/pressroom/news20110601/