Garmin Nuvi 2465

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
kekmek
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:43 pm

Re: Garmin Nuvi 2465

Postby kekmek » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:55 am

silverbeauty wrote:
kekmek wrote:Hi All

I in need of abit of help... ... ...


Be patient. Sometimes it takes longer ... how many satellite does your GPS see ? Move to a different location to get more satellites .. unit needs at least 4-5 satellites for lock on


Hi bro. Tried at a few locations. Each place I stand (and wait) under the open sky for +- 10mins but stil couldnt lock on.
How to check the no. of satellite? (Sori, if qs sounded noob) ](*,)
I decided to reset my gps last nite and after which I can at least view and search my maps. Later, hopefully, I will try to test again to see if can lock anot. Sigh, gps has been faithful for years and this is the first time experiencing this. Btw, after re-set, how come the internal memory space used like increase? Shouldnt it decrease? (Like dat how to update software?)
Sifus, pls advise...

User avatar
silverbeauty
Moderator
Posts: 3524
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Garmin Nuvi 2465

Postby silverbeauty » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:12 pm

kekmek wrote:
silverbeauty wrote:
kekmek wrote:Hi All

I in need of abit of help... ... ...


Be patient. Sometimes it takes longer ... how many satellite does your GPS see ? Move to a different location to get more satellites .. unit needs at least 4-5 satellites for lock on


Hi bro. Tried at a few locations. Each place I stand (and wait) under the open sky for +- 10mins but stil couldnt lock on.
How to check the no. of satellite? (Sori, if qs sounded noob) ](*,)
I decided to reset my gps last nite and after which I can at least view and search my maps. Later, hopefully, I will try to test again to see if can lock anot. Sigh, gps has been faithful for years and this is the first time experiencing this. Btw, after re-set, how come the internal memory space used like increase? Shouldnt it decrease? (Like dat how to update software?)
Sifus, pls advise...



Hard Reset only clears user setup data / delete personal favorites etc ... so this exercise frees memory that was occupied

ace
Valued Contributor
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:03 pm

Re: Garmin Nuvi 2465

Postby ace » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:11 pm

Just came from Australia?

If this is the 1st time you bring it out of the country to Australia and just came back, you may have to wait about 30mins.. Happened to me before when I was using the 255W.

Just 10mins may not be enough for it to reacquire the satellite lock.

I plugged the device into a wall socket to charge it and put it near the window facing the sky. Make a cup of coffee, eat some biscuit, watch TV. Then look at it 30 mins later. If you are impatient, then check every minute also can. :mrgreen:

How to check the number of satellites that have been acquired? (If I'm not wrong :-k ), top left corner of the main menu, you will see something like a wireless symbol, press and hold it. The satellite locking page will show up. Just observe till it tells you your GPS location.

kekmek
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:43 pm

Re: Garmin Nuvi 2465

Postby kekmek » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:26 pm

ace wrote:Just came from Australia?

If this is the 1st time you bring it out of the country to Australia and just came back, you may have to wait about 30mins.. Happened to me before when I was using the 255W.

Just 10mins may not be enough for it to reacquire the satellite lock.

I plugged the device into a wall socket to charge it and put it near the window facing the sky. Make a cup of coffee, eat some biscuit, watch TV. Then look at it 30 mins later. If you are impatient, then check every minute also can. :mrgreen:

How to check the number of satellites that have been acquired? (If I'm not wrong :-k ), top left corner of the main menu, you will see something like a wireless symbol, press and hold it. The satellite locking page will show up. Just observe till it tells you your GPS location.


Thanks bro.. Yup, first time brought it to Aussie to use.. Previously, when I went to Thai and Indo, didnt have much issue when I came back. This time round is totally different. And things don't look rosy as well.. :(
Neways, :tq: bros for the advices..

echo2zero
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:45 pm

Re: Garmin Nuvi 2465

Postby echo2zero » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:20 pm

Hi Everyone...

I need some help, I've updated my 2465 to Ver : 5.20
and also tried to update the map to MFM GARMIN 141110

but I cannot seem to get it right, I tried Full customization, custom ploygons & POIs

Select : Less laggy
and even tired Enable custom icon display for Nuvi 765, 1460 and etc

But everytime the Road does not get displayed. :cry: :cry:

could someone advice me on what to do, [-o<
thank you

User avatar
silverbeauty
Moderator
Posts: 3524
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Garmin Nuvi 2465

Postby silverbeauty » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:10 pm

echo2zero wrote:Hi Everyone...

I need some help, I've updated my 2465 to Ver : 5.20
and also tried to update the map to MFM GARMIN 141110

but I cannot seem to get it right, I tried Full customization, custom ploygons & POIs

Select : Less laggy
and even tired Enable custom icon display for Nuvi 765, 1460 and etc

But everytime the Road does not get displayed. :cry: :cry:

could someone advice me on what to do, [-o<
thank you



Running the installer will result in a dialog box asking you what to enable-disable. System will prompt you whether you want to generate a Garmin map file gmapsupp.img. After this, a dialog box will appear. Make sure you select the first one Exclude colored polygons ( less laggy ). Rest up to you.

Make sure you have only one map selected in map info

echo2zero
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:45 pm

Re: Garmin Nuvi 2465

Postby echo2zero » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:27 pm

Hi,

Thanks for you help, I've tried the following and it seems to work.

I when in the SD card / Garmin / Del the old map.

when to reinstall it again, with ( less laggy ) on
:prayer:

thanks


Return to “GPS Devices”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests