Garmin Nuvi 2465

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Garmin Nuvi 2465

Postby silverbeauty » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:59 am

cskean wrote:Thanks for the reply.

Sorry to ask the following question, but I need to confirm that does MFM Garmin maps support Junction View, Lane Assist and 3D building for the Garmin Nuvi 2465?
At this point of time, our 3rd party compilor does not support this feature

If I want to install the Custom POI from MFM for garmin, which format is more suitable for Garmin Nuvi 2465, WMA or MP3 format?
Use MP3

I have gone through this thread, but still have no idea what is the MSM NT, Garmin NT and MFM NT maps are? Whats the different between those NT and non NT maps?
Garmin CN Sg/My NT map is the official map from Garmin and they give you one time free download for the next map release and for subsequent release, you gotta pay if you want them.

MSM NT Sg/My map is from malsingmaps.com, a third party GPS mapping community. Garmin collaborates with the community in releasing their map using Garmin compiler. This is released through Garmin

Malsingmaps also releases their own version MSM ver XXX NT map in weekly udpdates.

Malfreemaps is also a third party GPS mapping community. We use a third party compiler to release maps in weekly releases

From what I know, Garmin NT format was developed due to the need for more data needed to be present in the maps as the old format format was saturated. As Garmin formats are proprietary, projects with lots of "reverse engineering" has resulted in third party communities in map making.

Tqvm....

Postby 333919 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:46 am

i having problem on my 2465,i copy the map into garmin folder,after want start my garmin,it load until load map then close automatically?what the problem?

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:33 am

333919 wrote:i having problem on my 2465,i copy the map into garmin folder,after want start my garmin,it load until load map then close automatically?what the problem?

Possibility that the map data could be corrupted. Try to download a fresh copy.

faizalteeny

Postby faizalteeny » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:49 am

hi,

when we are generating map for '2' series (2465 for example), we NEED to tick the 'enable custom icon display for Nuvi 765, 1460, etc'? if we don't do this, will the unit be displaying all the icons properly?

:prayer: :prayer:

silverbeauty

Postby silverbeauty » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:27 am

faizalteeny wrote:hi,

when we are generating map for '2' series (2465 for example), we NEED to tick the 'enable custom icon display for Nuvi 765, 1460, etc'? if we don't do this, will the unit be displaying all the icons properly?

Newer generation Nuvi restricts POI Icon due to firmware in Nuvi

faizalteeny

Postby faizalteeny » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:39 am

silverbeauty wrote:
faizalteeny wrote:hi,

Newer generation Nuvi restricts POI Icon due to firmware in Nuvi

i'm aware of that... just to know whether ticking 'enable custom icon' & not ticking it will make any difference or not... thanks... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

wmq8741

Postby wmq8741 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:50 pm

Just bought this unit last friday at RM499. My Nuvi 200 got stolen. Play around with this gadget and found it is quite interesting. I like it.

tklew
Contributor

Postby tklew » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:43 pm

2012/01/05
nüvi® 2465 Sing/Mal Unit Software v3.60

http://www.garmin.com.sg/products/onthe ... #updateTab

nüvi® 2465 Sing/Mal Unit Software v3.60
Change History
Added estimated ERP cost feature.
Fixed issue where there were two duplicate Asian items in POI categories.
Fixed issue of missing DEM map.

How to update your multi-language voice file:
By upgrading latest system S/W, the device will be compatible with multi-language voice file which could be downloaded from www.garmin.com through WebUpdater. To download and install WebUpdater, please visit the following link and follow the instruction to update your voice file,http://www8.garmin.com/products/webupdater/howtoinstall.jsp.

How to Update the Software?
Download the correct update execution file onto the PC.
Connect your On the Road GPS device to a free USB port on your PC with the USB cable to allow your On the Road GPS device to initialize and into USB mode.
Please back up the GPX folder on your On the Road onto your PC in case of the waypoints getting missing during the download and make sure your unit can supply enough battery power for the update(3 cells or above).
Execute the update execution file on your PC directly.
Follow the instructions provided by the update application on your PC.
Remove the USB connection from the PC.
The nuvi will automatically restart and do the update by itself. During the update, the nuvi will show the message like "SOFTWARE LOADING or Loader". Please do not turn off the nuvi or remove the external cable if there is any.
After the update, the nuvi will restart and turn on by itself.
System Requirements: * IBM-compatible PC running Windows 2000 or later operating system and an available USB port.

How to Check Your Software Version?
Touch Tools > Settings > System.
Click About to check your software version.

NOTE:
This software should only be uploaded to the unit for which it is intended. If this software is uploaded to a GPS unit other than the product it is designed for, it will render the unit inoperative.
If the software upload fails, and subsequent upload attempts prove unsuccessful, the unit may need to be returned to Garmin for service. Call Garmin at +886.2.26429199 ext2 or email Garmin. You may also contact Garmin authorised dealer for product support.
Before proceeding, please back up your waypoints and route data. You may back up the data by copying the GPX files in the Garmin disk to your computer. This software should only be uploaded to the unit for which it is intended. If this software is uploaded to a GPS unit other than the product it is designed for, it will render the unit inoperative.
水穷之处待云起 , 危崖旁侧觅坦途
Anything could happen

wiramerah

Postby wiramerah » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:18 am

Hi,

Updated my nuvi2465 with the latest software v3.60 but MFM POI v120109 still show duplicate in myMaps selection. Generated using the map option 'enable custom icon display' tick. Copied the generated map to sd maps folder and rename to MFMvxxxx.

How to resolve the duplicate POI issue. Thanks

tympg
Senior Mapper

Postby tympg » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:51 am

wiramerah wrote:Hi,

Updated my nuvi2465 with the latest software v3.60 but MFM POI v120109 still show duplicate in myMaps selection. Generated using the map option 'enable custom icon display' tick. Copied the generated map to sd maps folder and rename to MFMvxxxx.

How to resolve the duplicate POI issue. Thanks

This is not actually a problem. "As per designed". :)
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

Return to “GPS Devices”