Garmin Devices - General Discussion

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
yoladu
Valued Contributor

Re: Garmin Devices - General Discussion

Postby yoladu » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:53 am

dafansu wrote:can i check how do i change the main nuvi screen to speedo reading instead of time arrival at point. i'm using 200W

You can't change that.

You can get a 205W, it shows both

Since there is a section on 200W, it would be better that model specific questions can be asked there.

:D
Contribute exclusively to MFM. MSM don't get it !

dafansu
Valued Contributor

Postby dafansu » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:01 am

yoladu wrote:
dafansu wrote:can i check how do i change the main nuvi screen to speedo reading instead of time arrival at point. i'm using 200W

You can't change that.

You can get a 205W, it shows both

Since there is a section on 200W, it would be better that model specific questions can be asked there.

:D

thanks should be able to, cause previously it's showing the speedo meter but dont know what i click and it changed to time arrival instead

yoladu
Valued Contributor

Postby yoladu » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:05 am

dafansu wrote:thanks should be able to, cause previously it's showing the speedo meter but dont know what i click and it changed to time arrival instead

On normal mode, it will show the SPEED. When on "NAVIGATION" mode - with a destination input- it will show ARRIVAL TIME.
Contribute exclusively to MFM. MSM don't get it !

waiwcw

Postby waiwcw » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:14 am

yoladu wrote:
dafansu wrote:thanks should be able to, cause previously it's showing the speedo meter but dont know what i click and it changed to time arrival instead

On normal mode, it will show the SPEED. When on "NAVIGATION" mode - with a destination input- it will show ARRIVAL TIME.

Bro dafansu,

During "NAVIGATION", press and hold "ARRIVAL TIME" for 3 seconds, then will change to Speedo reading...

edchuang (retired)
Regional Mapper (retired)
Location: Shah Alam (GMXT+i-Blue747 Logger, Holux GPSmile62 Pro)

Postby edchuang (retired) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:40 am

Thanks Bro waiwcw, tested with Nuvi760 and it works too. :peace:
Used the Nuvi760 for 2 months, till today then only know it had this function... :oops:
:rox:

dafansu
Valued Contributor

Postby dafansu » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:12 pm

waiwcw wrote:
yoladu wrote:

Bro dafansu,

During "NAVIGATION", press and hold "ARRIVAL TIME" for 3 seconds, then will change to Speedo reading...

thanks very much will try it out

jumpstat

Which Garmin best for Tracking?

Postby jumpstat » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:26 pm

Hi all. Currently using a Nuvi200W US version which is great for navigation. However it lacks tracking capabilities and I want to contribute new tracks.

So whats are you guys/gals using? Please propose model and its pros/cons together with the approximate price based on my specs below...

1) I am looking at a standalone unit rather than multiple accessories.
2) Large colour screen.
3) Rechargeable batts.
4) Comes with cables to hookup to PC and transfer data to Mapsource or whatever s/w trackers use nowadays.

Cheers and if my queries can be found elsewhere, I do apologize....

edchuang (retired)
Regional Mapper (retired)
Location: Shah Alam (GMXT+i-Blue747 Logger, Holux GPSmile62 Pro)

Re: Which Garmin best for Tracking?

Postby edchuang (retired) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:19 am

jumpstat wrote:Hi all. Currently using a Nuvi200W US version which is great for navigation. However it lacks tracking capabilities and I want to contribute new tracks.

So whats are you guys/gals using? Please propose model and its pros/cons together with the approximate price based on my specs below...

1) I am looking at a standalone unit rather than multiple accessories.
2) Large colour screen.
3) Rechargeable batts.
4) Comes with cables to hookup to PC and transfer data to Mapsource or whatever s/w trackers use nowadays.

Cheers and if my queries can be found elsewhere, I do apologize....

Hi jumpstart,
Since you own a Nuvi200W and your intention is to contribute new tracks. You just need to buy a stand alone GPS logger(From RM200+ to RM500) that can do 1sec track log. Use your 200W at the sametime to record road name during tracking.
So, you will have two data:
1. 1sec track log from GPS logger.
2. Recorded track road name from 200W.
You don't need a standalone unit. Most of the standalone unit with 1sec tracklog function(GPSmap series) don't have voice prompt and the display screen is small, unless you are a serious trecker, and the cost is >rm1K.
Please view this for some of the information:
viewtopic.php?p=2061#p2061
Hopes the above help. :tq: :rox:

jumpstat

Re: Which Garmin best for Tracking?

Postby jumpstat » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:20 am

edchuang wrote:Hi jumpstart,
Since you own a Nuvi200W and your intention is to contribute new tracks. You just need to buy a stand alone GPS logger(From RM200+ to RM500) that can do 1sec track log. Use your 200W at the sametime to record road name during tracking.
So, you will have two data:
1. 1sec track log from GPS logger.
2. Recorded track road name from 200W.
You don't need a standalone unit. Most of the standalone unit with 1sec tracklog function(GPSmap series) don't have voice prompt and the display screen is small, unless you are a serious trecker, and the cost is >rm1K.
Please view this for some of the information:
viewtopic.php?p=2061#p2061
Hopes the above help. :tq: :rox:
Thanks for the links. This neat item looks like what I am looking for...cheers.

primus2211

Garmin vs. V-kool

Postby primus2211 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:02 pm

Hi Folks,

Thinking of getting another unit of Garmin for my other car, need advice if possible. Currently I'm using the 310 but it seems that the satellite connection gets cut in half by V-Kool whenever I enter the car! Apart from using retrans antenna which I find quite troublesome, is there any other Garmin GPS unit out there that has stronger satellite reception?

TIA! :mrgreen:

Return to “GPS Devices”