eTrex Series

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: eTrex Series

Postby silverbeauty » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:14 am

silverbeauty wrote:Bro snail-works, let me try with my eTrex HcX sometime this week on that stretch of AMK and see the results.

Bro snail-works, had an early lunch at AMK and took tracks with track-log resolution to 1-point/sec for both units. I borrowed a Legend HcX to take simultaneous tracklogs with my eTrex HcX.

Both units were on the dashboard of my car. Did not use external or re-rad antenna which would have improved the tracking. :-'

In this situation, if unit in car, you will need external or re-rad antenna to improve the performance of the GPS as the road AMK st 12 entrance fm AMK Av 6 has a line of trees shading the road. After the bend, you are surrounded by the HDB flats left and right. The side roads of car park are better but then still surrounded by flats.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

learnyee

Re: eTrex Series - Help - Auxiliary Mount Adapter

Postby learnyee » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:16 pm

I do a lot of mountain biking and I want to mount my Vista HCX to my bike. I got the Garmin Bike mount and now the problem is, the Vista HCX has a little clip that supposed to screw onto the battery cover for me to snap into the mount, and I couldn't recall I had got this part when I bought this unit.
I had been looking up and low in the web, ebay and even went down to Garmin Authorized service center in Malaysia and they seems had no idea on where to get this little clip.
There are Bike mount that comes with a battery cover with the clip that fits on the older range of Vista but not on the new Vista due to the extra memory card slot in the Vista HCX.
Does anyone here has this clip and willing to sell it to me?
System Builders, specialized in VMWare, logistics processes. Fulltime software & web programmer.
A triathlon wannabe, currently riding a 40 lbs MTB for training

GPS: Garmin eTrex HCx
HRM: Polar F6, Garmin FR50, Garmin FR310XT (coming soon)

yoladu
Valued Contributor

Postby yoladu » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:31 pm

learnyee wrote:I do a lot of mountain biking and I want to mount my Vista HCX to my bike. I got the Garmin Bike mount and now the problem is, the Vista HCX has a little clip that supposed to screw onto the battery cover for me to snap into the mount, and I couldn't recall I had got this part when I bought this unit.
I had been looking up and low in the web, ebay and even went down to Garmin Authorized service center in Malaysia and they seems had no idea on where to get this little clip.
There are Bike mount that comes with a battery cover with the clip that fits on the older range of Vista but not on the new Vista due to the extra memory card slot in the Vista HCX.
Does anyone here has this clip and willing to sell it to me?

A pic will always be clearer than the best explanation.
Contribute exclusively to MFM. MSM don't get it !

learnyee

Postby learnyee » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:22 am

Here's the pic
System Builders, specialized in VMWare, logistics processes. Fulltime software & web programmer.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:45 am

Bro learnyee, if you are in Singapore, try contacting Mr Yan at Perfect Watch ( Sim Lim Square ). He might be able to help you on this part.

yoladu
Valued Contributor

Postby yoladu » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:40 pm

[quote="learnyee"]I do a lot of mountain biking and I want to mount my Vista HCX to my bike. I got the Garmin Bike mount and now the problem is, the Vista HCX has a little clip that supposed to screw onto the battery cover for me to snap into the mount, and I couldn't recall I had got this part when I bought this unit.

This part came with the GPS

:D

yoladu
Valued Contributor

Postby yoladu » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:20 pm

learnyee wrote:There are Bike mount that comes with a battery cover with the clip that fits on the older range of Vista but not on the new Vista due to the extra memory card slot in the Vista HCX.

I have an unused one from my eTrex Legend C, and it looks exactly the same. Tomorrow I will bring that to test with the Vista HCx in office and see if they are the same.

learnyee wrote:Does anyone here has this clip and willing to sell it to me?

If you can use it, it's yours for free. Self collect in Singapore. O:)

learnyee

Postby learnyee » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:06 pm

Hi Bro Yoladu, thanks for the heads up, but I check my original box, no where to be found. But anyway, do let me know whether it works or not ya.

yoladu
Valued Contributor

Postby yoladu » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:18 pm

learnyee wrote:Hi Bro Yoladu, thanks for the heads up, but I check my original box, no where to be found. But anyway, do let me know whether it works or not ya.

the clip from my etrex Legend C, can be used on the Vista HCx. :wink:

learnyee

Postby learnyee » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:46 pm

Hi Bro Yoladu, any posibility of mailing that clip to me while I pay you the mailing cost? rather than to meet you in Singapore?

Return to “GPS Devices”