eTrex Series

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
sarahchen

Re: eTrex Series

Postby sarahchen » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:41 pm

60Csx or Vista Hcx maybe is good

cheewooi

Postby cheewooi » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:29 am

I am contemplating between Etrex 20 and Gpsmap 62s. Etrex 30 pricing is quite near to Gpsmap 62s. Is is cheaper to get from Singapore or Malaysia?

Any recommended shop in Singapore for best bargain?

Any advice? Anyone using Etrex 20? Can share your experience?
Currently using: Garmin eTrex 30, Garmin GPSmap 62sc

wblee

Postby wblee » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:02 am

Just compare the specification and features of the 2 devices. May help you to make decision

chlesoh
Contributor

Postby chlesoh » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:42 pm

Anyone using etrex with GPS+GLONASS encounters inaccuaracy in position before? It seems GPS alone is more accurate than having the hybrid setting.

wblee

Postby wblee » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:31 am

chlesoh wrote:Anyone using etrex with GPS+GLONASS encounters inaccuaracy in position before? It seems GPS alone is more accurate than having the hybrid setting.

Sumsung S3 using both system. It did a good job in satellite lock. get signal faster compare to my vista HCx.
so far has no problem.

chlesoh
Contributor

Postby chlesoh » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:40 pm

Note that most hp has a faster lock mainly due to the availability of A-GPS with data location service from the telco. But just wondering anyone has encountered different experiences or compared the both for its accuracy.

chlesoh
Contributor

Postby chlesoh » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:27 am

Anyone knows what are the map file names that etrex 30 can read? Other than the gmapbmap, gmapsupp, and gmaptz which are the existing ones.

Also, how to merge the topography with the latest MFM map?

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:58 pm

chlesoh wrote:Anyone knows what are the map file names that etrex 30 can read? Other than the gmapbmap, gmapsupp, and gmaptz which are the existing ones.

Also, how to merge the topography with the latest MFM map?

Use GmapTool to merge maps. Refer to link

http://www.gmaptool.eu/en/content/merging-maps

chlesoh
Contributor

Postby chlesoh » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:11 am

Bro, thanks for the info. Anyway, can we use the file names such as gmapprom, gmapprom1 or gmapoem for other mapsets on the etrex 30?

I did notice that whenever I stop my vehicle, my direction on the map will be pointing to the left side, means it is facing a wrong or inaccurate direction. However, it will correct by itself when the vehicle starts to move. What actually is the problem? My setting is "Lock on Road - Off", "North Reference - True" & "Compass - Auto". Despite successfully calibrated the compass, the same issue persists.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:01 am

chlesoh wrote:Bro, thanks for the info. Anyway, can we use the file names such as gmapprom, gmapprom1 or gmapoem for other mapsets on the etrex 30?

I did notice that whenever I stop my vehicle, my direction on the map will be pointing to the left side, means it is facing a wrong or inaccurate direction. However, it will correct by itself when the vehicle starts to move. What actually is the problem? My setting is "Lock on Road - Off", "North Reference - True" & "Compass - Auto". Despite successfully calibrated the compass, the same issue persists.

For your handheld you are restricted to gmapsupp.img map name in SD card/garmin sub folder

For driving use Trackup so vehicle on map ( yourself ) will always point up

Return to “GPS Devices”