eTrex Series

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
lfy81

Re: eTrex Series

Postby lfy81 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:16 am

keong8260 wrote:
lfy81 wrote:
fauzee wrote:u mean automatically 'off'..never appears Lost Satellite Reception.. :-? :-?
something goes wrong.. :shock:

The accuracy went off, becomes less accurate. :)

From what I experience, normal 60csx accuracy is between 2m ("very" open clear sky) - 5m, but under heavy forest shade, accuracy is normally between 4 - 6 meter. What about eTrex?

Hi Bro keong, normal accuracy for Legend HCx, when open clear skies is around 3 - 5 metres, I have tried 1 second logging while on the road and is very accurate :champ: but inside jungle, the accuracy is always around 7 - 8 metres like that. Only 1 time the accuracy went very far away, making my precious log unusable. See pic below.

Sometimes even 1 second log that works well on the road with clear skies becomes inaccurate once I start to walk into the trail.

Still I think legend HCx is a good device, useful when to know my position while on a trail. :)

Garrison

Postby Garrison » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:52 pm

Hi, not exactly sure where to post this.. Anyone knows where I can get Taiwan map for etrex Vista HCX, preferbly english version?

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:35 am

Garrison wrote:Hi, not exactly sure where to post this.. Anyone knows where I can get Taiwan map for etrex Vista HCX, preferbly english version?

It would help if you indicated your location.

Try official respective Garmin distributor in Sin / Malaysia for Garmin NT map for Taiwan. It is available in Pin-Yin version.

azizazri

How to install maps to Garmin eTrex Vista C

Postby azizazri » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:04 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie and this is my first posting. My old friend has introduced this website to me recently. I had an old Garmin eTrex Vista C device which I bought several years back but hardly used. The supplier installed me with a Mal map.

Now I want to install MFM map. Being an old device, its storage is only 24MB. So after installing mapsource and downloaded the latest MFM to my laptop (phew, it took me 2 weeks just to understand the steps required to install mapsource and then MFM maps to my laptop). Now I have successfully installed the maps in my laptop.

The problem is I fail to install it to my GPS device. I just chose 1 map (due to storage limitation) and clicked the "Send to Device" icon. Everything was OK - not error msg given. But when I checked into my device, no map installed!

I am really baffled with this situation. My good old map has gone, and the new map can't be installed. Really appreciate your kind help to resolve my problem. Thanks so much in advance.

Regards,
~aziz

dvpro

Re: How to install maps to Garmin eTrex Vista C

Postby dvpro » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:29 pm

Garmin eTrex Vista C does not support newer NT format maps. Since v1.63 onwards MFM has moved on to NT-like platform, so for your device, unfortunately only MFM version up to 1.62 (dated June 2009) would work. You may download MFM v1.62 here: http://rapidshare.com/files/244525753/MFMv162.exe (uploaded by adrianyujs).
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Re: How to install maps to Garmin eTrex Vista C

Postby antyong (retired) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:19 pm

Older maps are still available at MFM-Garmin archive. Select the version that fits your Vista :)

fauzee
Polygon Mapper

Postby fauzee » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:06 am

haha..noticed that.. :D
~Lost Is Nothing~
...PLEASE INSTALL THE LATEST MAPS BEFORE DOIN' SOMETHIN'...

ramli

Postby ramli » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:08 am

Hello,

One question: I have eTrex CHx and I have a 2 gb micro SD. Can I use a 4 Gb Micro SD or not?

Thanks.

shideen
Senior Mapper

Postby shideen » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:31 pm

ramli wrote:Hello,

One question: I have eTrex CHx and I have a 2 gb micro SD. Can I use a 4 Gb Micro SD or not?

Thanks.

As far as I know, etrex dont support SDHC card. AFAIK also, normal SD card maximum 2GB only.
Tried this on my etrex before, dont work. BTW, why so big memory? 2GB is too big already for use in Malaysia/Singapore.
Nuvi200, 255W, GMXT on N5800, 60csx, Papago X3 (EastGear), Galactio V8

ramli

Postby ramli » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:09 pm

Hi Shideen,
The GPS I use is not necesseraly for routing maps. I need sometimes to do some mapping spot checks of track with huge countour data . I also use the cards for pictures; my work; so 2 Gb not enough anymore.

Thank you for the good tip though kawan.

Return to “GPS Devices”