Garmin Nuvi 1250

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Re: SOS to restart my Nuvi 1250 after update.

Postby moeyhc » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:10 pm

Learning to draw polygon, JCV pictures and collecting tracks does not need a GPS unit. You'll need your notebook more than anything else. Refer to the thread on the applications (mapsource, mapedit...etc) you'll need for the training. So, save your money and enjoy yourself at the GG... cheers!
Common Sense Is Not Common.

fancheng
Senior Mapper

Postby fancheng » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:17 pm

Subject: Nuvi 1350
fancheng wrote:
Bros, just FYI, don't put in 2 same map in Nuvi 1xxx, Nuvi 1xxx will hang when loading maps.
example :- 1 gmapsupp.img (MFM older version) and 1 gmapsupp 100517.img (MFM latest maps)

Hi All Nuvi 1xxx user,
If you facing above problem, there 2 way to resolve it (experienced) :-
P/S As I remember what I had done few months ago, now becoz the Nuvi 1350 missing in my office, so I can't try it again. ](*,) :cry:

1. Hard reset it by press right hand bottom screen & hold the power switch for 10 sec to turn it on, once the Reset Menu pop-up you need do it very very fast by press reset on the menu then turn off (don't turn on), then connect with usb to PC and delete one of mfm map. If your PC still can't still detect it, that mean the reset is not success, do it again.

2. Send back for warranty. :frus:

Hope you can make it. [-o<

gamoid

Postby gamoid » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:18 am

fancheng wrote:Subject: Nuvi 1350
Hi All Nuvi 1xxx user,
If you facing above problem, there 2 way to resolve it (experienced) :-
P/S As I remember what I had done few months ago, now becoz the Nuvi 1350 missing in my office, so I can't try it again. ](*,) :cry:

1. Hard reset it by press right hand bottom screen & hold the power switch for 10 sec to turn it on, once the Reset Menu pop-up you need do it very very fast by press reset on the menu then turn off (don't turn on), then connect with usb to PC and delete one of mfm map. If your PC still can't still detect it, that mean the reset is not success, do it again.

2. Send back for warranty. :frus:

Hope you can make it. [-o<

I have the same issue as well with my 1350 but following (1) doesn't seem to work for me. It just goes through the boot up process w the Garmin logo and then blacks out.

panther

Postby panther » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:47 am

Thanks Bros moeyhc, fancheng & gamoid. :tq:
I just tried it but it just went off like what Bro gamoid said. :frus: :ko: :fire:

Bro moeyhc, thanks for the advice so I don't have to waste money on unneccessary item.
Bro fancheng, thank you for the extra tips!
Bro gamoid, after that what did you do?

Questions:
1) As I am coming to the Ipoh Mapping Boot Camp without a GPS, what is the adress of TJ Tan Meeting Center, Ipoh, please?

2) Can anyone from Ipoh recommend a good and safe shopping center in Ipoh so that my wife can do the shopping for about 6 hours while I attend the Mapping Boot Camp?

Thank you in anticipation! :prayer:

xplod

Re: Garmin Nuvi 1250

Postby xplod » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:25 pm

hi bros, i created a Map folder in my MicroSD and placed the gmapsupp image into it. But my 1250 still cant detect the map.. any idea?

i know i have to go into tools>map> info to select the map

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:33 pm

Try copying this GPI file into mSD:\Garmin\POI folder and see whether Nuvi accesses it when booting up. If it doesn't, it means the card is not readable in Nuvi.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

lovecherrie
Contributor

Postby lovecherrie » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:06 pm

Hello everyone,

Did you guys test how long the battery can last after fully charged?? Wish to get a Nuvi 1250 for backpacker style travelling (No money for handheld :ko: )。

Thank you.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:20 pm

lovecherrie wrote:Hello everyone,

Did you guys test how long the battery can last after fully charged?? Wish to get a Nuvi 1250 for backpacker style travelling (No money for handheld :ko: )。

Thank you.

Typical life of Nuvis is about 2-3 hours. It is NOT designed for non-auto use thus the poor battery life.

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:50 pm

lovecherrie wrote:Wish to get a Nuvi 1250 for backpacker style travelling (No money for handheld :ko: )。

Where do you plan to backpack? If the map for the area you plan to venture is less than 24MB, I'd recommend the eTrex Venture HC (does not accept data card). This should be about RM200 more than your budget (for 1250). Or if you can find one, get a used eTrex Legend HCx (accepts data card).
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

JJ007
Valued Contributor

Postby JJ007 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:41 pm

lovecherrie wrote:Hello everyone,

Thank you.

new series of Garmin automative device doesn't enter into data comm mode so you can always get a 10 dollars 1 dry-cell battery 5V charger to connect to the device via Mini USB. :-' \:D/
Device : Edge 800, Nuvi 1460 SG/My, Oregon 300
EPL : Man United Rocks !

Return to “GPS Devices”