Garmin Nuvi 50LM

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
eddy_duyung
Contributor
Location: Tinggi Island,Johore. Garmin Mobile XT,nüvi 50LM,nüvi 880,nüvi 255W,nüvi 2465

Re: Garmin Nuvi 50LM

Postby eddy_duyung » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:39 pm

darkripper wrote:I started to feel that routing in this nuvi 50lm probably have some problems... don't know due to my location or what...

FYI, i am staying in University Malaya. But then it dont know about existence of the PJ gate and KL gate ( there is a road in the map, but don't know why it just wont use that route). It keeps on insisting me going to the Damansara gate, which is very very frustating.

as you know, after midnight, only KL gate is open, thats why it is casuing trouble to me...

Is there any possible way for me to change the routing or force the device to take that route? Or is there any other way to edit this thingy?

( P.S: when going out from UM, it will use the route, but when coming back from other place, it will call me to go in through damansara gate, which is farer than going through KL gate..)

In the end, i sense that the routing is kind of like, weird..... because last time when i wanted to go to tropicana from Mid valley, it took me to a highway which is obviously a much farer route.....

Someone have this problem too?

Has you try to change the setting under " setting,,navigations,route preference?..try to change it to shorter distance..
Nokia 5800XM , Garmin nüvi 50LM,Garmin nüvi 880,Garmin nüvi 255W,Garmin nüvi 2465

eddy_duyung
Contributor
Location: Tinggi Island,Johore. Garmin Mobile XT,nüvi 50LM,nüvi 880,nüvi 255W,nüvi 2465

Postby eddy_duyung » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:04 pm

Many people here issued a problem with " Hang during Navigations " on Nuvi 50LM,so i want to share my story here,yes i'm facing the same problem first,so my solutions for this is,i throw away " gmapbmap " file in " .system " folder ( hidden ),which i believe thats file came from factory its size around 25mb cause the hang and lag of map scrolling while i'm browsing the maps.So i replace the "gmapbmap " file from my nokia Garmin Mobile XT file which is more smallest ,around 9mb ,and i'm also believe,you can throw away this gmapbmap without replacement,since we just have detail map,so no need this basemap.. ,tested navigate from Tangkak to Shah Alam and come back,the issue disappear..no more " hang during navigations ",for more info..i'm also update my firmware to the latest firmware before doing this issued by garmin website.

Hope this help somebody here..

TQVM.
Nokia 5800XM , Garmin nüvi 50LM,Garmin nüvi 880,Garmin nüvi 255W,Garmin nüvi 2465

sobamy
Polygon Mapper

Postby sobamy » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:33 am

eddy_duyung wrote:Many people here issued a problem with " Hang during Navigations " on Nuvi 50LM,so i want to share my story here,yes i'm facing the same problem first,so my solutions for this is,i throw away " gmapbmap " file in " .system " folder ( hidden ),which i believe thats file came from factory its size around 25mb cause the hang and lag of map scrolling while i'm browsing the maps.So i replace the "gmapbmap " file from my nokia Garmin Mobile XT file which is more smallest ,around 9mb ,and i'm also believe,you can throw away this gmapbmap without replacement,since we just have detail map,so no need this basemap.. ,tested navigate from Tangkak to Shah Alam and come back,the issue disappear..no more " hang during navigations ",for more info..i'm also update my firmware to the latest firmware before doing this issued by garmin website.

Hope this help somebody here..

TQVM.

Thanks for the valuable input, Bro.
:good: for helping a fellow member :thumbsup:
~~ freely receive ~ freely give ~~

eddy_duyung
Contributor

Postby eddy_duyung » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:06 am

Corrections...these basemaps " gmabbmap " cant throw away,must put together with the other maps,forgot it..this " gmapbmap " stand for " basemap ",and its doesnt appear in maps selections menu,but its important to make other maps selectable,if we throw this basemaps,one of the other maps will cannot " unselect ",it will remain " marked " even we try to " untick " it to unselect....this method what i know work with Nuvi 50LM..other unit may different ..TQVM n appologize..

Return to “GPS Devices”