Garmin 2575R Sg/My

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
iggi3z

Re: Garmin 2575R Sg/My

Postby iggi3z » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:37 pm

hi bros,

I have an upcoming trip coming up.. been planning my route on mapsource... have about 6 routes on mapsource.. however, when i sent them to my GPS, it does not show up on trip planner leh.? anyone knows why?

I tried to gpx method for the 2465.. still cannot work...

:(

iggi3z

Postby iggi3z » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:24 pm

update guys...

i tried the GPX method once more.. this time it worked... BUT.. only 2 routes were shown.. when i had SIX(6)!!!!

Frustrated already.. sighs...

jchoong

Postby jchoong » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:07 pm

I took my 2575 up to KL and used it for 5 days; extremely useful - won't be able to drive in KL without a GPS.

I initially selected only the Garmin compiled MFM (which came preloaded; including JCV) but there was no voice navigation, and no Jct views. Both features came back when I also selected the Garmin City Nav map. I believe when these 2 maps are selected, the City Nav map has overriding priority over MFM. Anyone knows why this is the case?

Apart from these, the 2575 worked extremely well, including the camera recorder.
Nuvi 2575; 40LM; Nexus 4

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:14 pm

jchoong wrote:I took my 2575 up to KL and used it for 5 days; extremely useful - won't be able to drive in KL without a GPS.

I initially selected only the Garmin compiled MFM (which came preloaded; including JCV) but there was no voice navigation, and no Jct views. Both features came back when I also selected the Garmin City Nav map. I believe when these 2 maps are selected, the City Nav map has overriding priority over MFM. Anyone knows why this is the case?

Apart from these, the 2575 worked extremely well, including the camera recorder.

Scratch Head ... one for X-files in that Garmin City Nagivator NT and MFM NT map must run simultaneously.

I was in KL recently and used my 3790 running MFM NT Map only and JCV works just fine.

Sometimes I switch to Garmin City Navigator NT Map for the Lane Assist feature as some parts of KL is a maze of junctions to navigate and with heavy traffic, Lane Assist is real useful to filter to correct lane.

fooklee
Valued Contributor

Postby fooklee » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:39 pm

While I am driving on the Sg Highway, My2575R couldn't secure the sattelite signal. Any bros can help to troubleshoot/

Thx

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:09 pm

fooklee wrote:While I am driving on the Sg Highway, My2575R couldn't secure the sattelite signal. Any bros can help to troubleshoot/

Thx

Have you got sun-screen installed on your windscreen ?

The screen will attenuate the satellite signal and driving through zones with weak signals will result in loss of signal as what you experienced

You need to cut a slot to allow satellite radio signal through or invest in an external antenna ( Rebroadcast Antenna )

fooklee
Valued Contributor

Postby fooklee » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:28 am

silverbeauty wrote:
fooklee wrote:While I am driving on the Sg Highway, My2575R couldn't secure the sattelite signal. Any bros can help to troubleshoot/

Thx

Have you got sun-screen installed on your windscreen ?

The screen will attenuate the satellite signal and driving through zones with weak signals will result in loss of signal as what you experienced

You need to cut a slot to allow satellite radio signal through or invest in an external antenna ( Rebroadcast Antenna )

I am using 3M sunshield and this problem It is second time to me for the last 3 years. It just blank off last Sunday noon under the hot weather while I am driving on the high way. I did a s/w upgrades, defragmentation, master reset and it just can't secure the signal. but when I put the GPS off option. I can see the signal on the screen but not when I turn ON the GPS option.
I am not sure whether it is a software bug, weather too hot or a lemon. :tq:

The set was back to normal after I top up my petrol to my car. I saw the signal back again after 11pm.

silverbeauty

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:37 am

fooklee wrote:
I am using 3M sunshield and this problem It is second time to me for the last 3 years. It just blank off last Sunday noon under the hot weather while I am driving on the high way. I did a s/w upgrades, defragmentation, master reset and it just can't secure the signal. but when I put the GPS off option. I can see the signal on the screen but not when I turn ON the GPS option.
I am not sure whether it is a software bug, weather too hot or a lemon. :tq:

The set was back to normal after I top up my petrol to my car. I saw the signal back again after 11pm.

Are you using Garmin City Navigator NT map? It does happen to me when using this when travelling on certain roads in Sin... Set just blanks off and auto resets :fire: Switch to MFM, no problem on same stretch of road, so confirm it is the Garmin CN NT map issue.

fooklee
Valued Contributor

Postby fooklee » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:38 pm

Are you using Garmin City Navigator NT map? It does happen to me when using this when travelling on certain roads in Sin... Set just blanks off and auto resets :fire: Switch to MFM, no problem on same stretch of road, so confirm it is the Garmin CN NT map issue.[/quote]

I am using MFM 2012.10

jchoong

Postby jchoong » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:58 pm

silverbeauty wrote:
jchoong wrote:I took my 2575 up to KL and used it for 5 days; extremely useful - won't be able to drive in KL without a GPS.

Scratch Head ... one for X-files in that Garmin City Nagivator NT and MFM NT map must run simultaneously.

I was in KL recently and used my 3790 running MFM NT Map only and JCV works just fine.

Sometimes I switch to Garmin City Navigator NT Map for the Lane Assist feature as some parts of KL is a maze of junctions to navigate and with heavy traffic, Lane Assist is real useful to filter to correct lane.

SilverBeauty, so perhaps the SYT at NaviCom gave me the correct advice - tick the 3 maps (MFM NT, MSM NT, City Nav) for the 2575?
Nuvi 2575; 40LM; Nexus 4

Return to “GPS Devices”