Garmin nüvi 3790

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
mazranz

Re: Garmin Nuvi3790 SG/MY

Postby mazranz » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:20 pm

I used the settings for the maps and removed the polygons but still get the missing roads, although occasionally, and in certain areas.

Maybe next update will improve?
** Nüvi 3790T / Nüvi 1350 **
Data logging with MotionX GPS HD

thongkh

Postby thongkh » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:54 pm

mazranz wrote:I used the settings for the maps and removed the polygons but still get the missing roads, although occasionally, and in certain areas.

Maybe next update will improve?

:shock: i wonder what happened to yours... but mine is good with MFM :thumbsup:

:rox:
Garmin nuvi 3790 MY/SG

calvinkk

Postby calvinkk » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:40 am

gychung wrote:
silverbeauty wrote:
File "re-inventing" itself ? The only file that does that is the current.gpx which regenerated on each nuvi power cycle. It's simply a shadowed copy of the current favorites and the trip log on the unit.

Try a hard reset by doing the below mentioned :

1. Start with the unit turned OFF and unplugged from power ( Unit MUST be turn off and not in standby mode , if not off press and continue to hold power button )
2. Power ON the device
3. When the copyright screen appears press and hold the lower right hand corner of the touchscreen
4. Remove your finger from the touchscreen when a message appears that says Erase all user data?
5. Touch YES

This will erase all settings and user data so BACKUP (inclusive of hidden files )

When done, DO NOT load Navnet map file. First load MFM and see if it works.

Another thing I notice, try to wait at least half a minute or more after copying a file to the 3790 to make sure it has been done. Data corruption can occur if you pull out the USB cable from PC/Lappy.

Bro, I did that also and it doesn't work. The files and "MAP" folder is still there after the hard reset.
The only difference is that all my favorites were gone.

Did you try switching off the pre-installed maps ?? It won't switch off.
Try it and let me know.

Hi,

Apparently, i am also facing this issue too. Unable to remove files that i out into the unit.

Anyone knows how to resolve this issue?

Many thanks.
"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever."

ronchan
Polygon Mapper
Location: IPOH mali (Ruvo Avox UMPC + 探险家Columbus V-700 + GMPC / nRoute, HTC touch dual + GMXT)

Postby ronchan » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:56 am

calvinkk wrote:
gychung wrote:
silverbeauty wrote:
File "re-inventing" itself ? The only file that does that is the current.gpx which regenerated on each nuvi power cycle. It's simply a shadowed copy of the current favorites and the trip log on the unit.

Try a hard reset by doing the below mentioned :

1. Start with the unit turned OFF and unplugged from power ( Unit MUST be turn off and not in standby mode , if not off press and continue to hold power button )
2. Power ON the device
3. When the copyright screen appears press and hold the lower right hand corner of the touchscreen
4. Remove your finger from the touchscreen when a message appears that says Erase all user data?
5. Touch YES

This will erase all settings and user data so BACKUP (inclusive of hidden files )

When done, DO NOT load Navnet map file. First load MFM and see if it works.

Another thing I notice, try to wait at least half a minute or more after copying a file to the 3790 to make sure it has been done. Data corruption can occur if you pull out the USB cable from PC/Lappy.

Bro, I did that also and it doesn't work. The files and "MAP" folder is still there after the hard reset.
The only difference is that all my favorites were gone.

Did you try switching off the pre-installed maps ?? It won't switch off.
Try it and let me know.

Hi,

Apparently, i am also facing this issue too. Unable to remove files that i out into the unit.

Anyone knows how to resolve this issue?

Many thanks.

Why not just join the GG, many sifu can assist you. GG start 11.00am today.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9228&start=0
House Number Project - begin from your house.

calvinkk

Postby calvinkk » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:18 am

Not able to go GG... need to babaysit my baby son
"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever."

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:40 am

Bro Calvinkk, read this link onwards .... viewtopic.php?p=125441#p125441

calvinkk

Postby calvinkk » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:34 pm

silverbeauty wrote:Bro Calvinkk, read this link onwards .... viewtopic.php?p=125441#p125441

Hi Bro Silverbeauty,

Thank you so much for advice. I have already read the entire thread. I entered the diagnostic mode to erase the user data. It seems that the issue still persists just like bro gychung.

I want to erase the JRW map that i put into the unit as the unit prompted me "Unable to unlock map". Else, the unit works fine.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:45 pm

calvinkk wrote:
silverbeauty wrote:Bro Calvinkk, read this link onwards .... viewtopic.php?p=125441#p125441

Hi Bro Silverbeauty,

Thank you so much for advice. I have already read the entire thread. I entered the diagnostic mode to erase the user data. It seems that the issue still persists just like bro gychung.

I want to erase the JRW map that i put into the unit as the unit prompted me "Unable to unlock map". Else, the unit works fine.

Access the file, rename it, then delete it.

Do not pull out Nuvi from USB cable after this, but undock from windows safely remove hardware.

dericlow

Postby dericlow » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:54 am

Hi, try this:
Connect your gps with PC. Right hand click on your gps drive(), select property->tools->Error checking, press "check now". After finish, delete your map file and remove the drive. See it solve your map invert problem.

yc1437

Postby yc1437 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:10 pm

Hi plan to buy a 3790, can we have Q&A or step by step installation/preparation guide to use MFM map on 3790?

Thanks in advance.

YC
时间存在的惟一理由是,如此才不会所有事情同时发生 - 爱因斯坦

GPS: Nuvi 3790

Return to “GPS Devices”